on 16 April 2009
Well, you know.... I really enjoyed this CD. It's really an old school metal CD with a modern production. They're not trying to re-invent the wheel, just giving you an A1 metal collection to headbang to. If you are looking for something original, don't look here, but if you want a really good METAL CD, this is it!
on 13 April 2009
I cant help but feel I must have done something really good to deserve a release like this (cant imagine what that could be!), or more to the point, a release as good as this is probably still to be paid for.

I thought I'd died and gone to heaven when Black Tides album came out last year, and was convinced it was going to take something very very special to surpas it. Well, I'm not saying this is better, but it runs in a very close second.

These guys cherry pick all the best bits out of early Maiden and Priest and mix it up with a bit of 80's thrash a al Metallica, Testament and Anthrax. Excellent, fast paced, rifftastic (I know thats not a word, but it should be!) guitars, stupendously pounding drum sound capped off with a mean, clean vocal, no silly grunting or growling here. No need to go on about best tracks and personal faves, its all top drawer (oh go on then, conjour the mass is chuffing awsome!!)

They're nothing new, nothing you haven't heard before, but exactly what you want right now. Looking for a change from Killers, or Ride the lightening, then stick this in your basket and when it drops through your door, play it loud, play it proud, regrow your hair (wish I could!!), dig out your denim jacket with the Maiden patches on the back, bang your head and thank your metal gods that you have taste enough to want to listen to and worship at the altar of Cauldron.

Oh, you may well want to check out Wolf's new album 'Ravenous', another stunner and its only April, and the new Anthrax album is yet to turn up, holy tish, its great to be a metalhead. Scream on people.
on 1 May 2010
I bought this on the back of some good reviews and recently discovering that there are a number of new bands out there continuing the tradition of the Classic Metal I like. The Maiden, Priest etc references are certainly there, and to be honest on first listening the rhythm guitar of Venom came to mind.
However, after a number of listens now I enjoy it, but it is average and not anything I haven't heard before. Of course originality is not really too much of an issue in Metal, but this didn't make me stop what I'm doing and enter into a bought of air guitar.
Jason Decay's vocals are in tune (no growling here) and OK, but lack the power that I would like with this kind of music.
Three or four tracks in and it is getting a bit monotonous, the rhythm guitar is a bit uninspiring only being occasionally punctuated by some good riffs. Highlights for me are 'Dreams die young' and the last track 'Chains around heaven' both good traditional metal tracks in the traditional of the old NWOBHM. I don't want to sound too negative as this a good album but it stops there. It's great that there are still bands out there making new Metal albums of this type. I still think that Cauldron could produce a great album, though maybe the three piece could be supplemented by a stronger singer. I hope they keep at it.
on 7 February 2013
As someone who can't identify with the ultra heavy metal that's around today, it's good to get decent riffs, a singer who doesn't sound like the honey monster with a sore throat, and every song having twin bass drums going like machine guns. Not stunningly original, but that's not a problem as far as I'm concerned.