Format: DVD|Change

on 22 November 2008
The set list looked great so I bought without listening. MISTAKE!! I have been massively disappointed by this CD: the sound is thick and awful and spoils all the fun of listening to this timeless band. I have seen them live and they are really great. This cd does not even come close to giving a good impression of their show. Compare this to Jeff Beck's or Bonamassa's recent live records, with basically similar setups (keyboard for Jeff ... ok for purists): THEY have a sound! This is a missed opportunity for zz top, too bad.
on 30 August 2010
This is a great ZZ Top live album, I'm amazed there are no other live albums. However, beware of the download version, and possibly the CD version. I don't know how many tracks are on the DVD, but the last track on the CD/download versions is Tush, followed by some between song banter, which ends VERY abruptly. No fade out. Totally unprofessional editing. There is obviously more to the show, but it's not on the CD/download.
on 22 June 2012
I have to admit I have owned this Blu Ray version of Live From Texas for a while now and it has not had much air play. Recently I have put that right with a couple of end to end viewings and my opinion; 'it is a real blast and demonstrates why ZZ Top are the blueprint for so many modern blues bands.
This DVD has an impressive set list that incorprates many of the band's timeless classics as well as the latter sheen of songs like Sharp Dressed Man, Gimme All Your Lovin and Legs.
However for me the real stand outs are TUSH, LA GRANGE, CHEAP SUNGLASSES and a way down and dirty rendition of the classic JUST GOT PAID. ZZ Top are master purveyors of southern boogie and it is incredible that just three guys can make such a full on sound. Perhaps that is also the reason messers Gibbons, Hill and Beard are as tight as one of Hill's snare drums.
These dudes play with a tongue planted firmly in the cheek, looking way to cool for 60 plus year olds, duck walking across the stage. The stage and light show is minimal, just how you want it when the music is this good.
A new ZZ Top album is on the way and I hear it has a real bluesy feel, if that is so bring it on but for now get yourself down to Texas!
on 2 December 2008
I have been waiting for a ZZ top Live album for years. I prefer audio to DVDs as I can listen in the car and just don't have time to sit watching. So apart from the Fandango album circa 1974 this is the first Top Live album I know. Culled from the recent DVD the song captures them in their Native Texas and is exactly what it says on the tin. ZZ Top Live. it's the three piece band delivering their blues/boogie as it is and to the best of my knowledge little or nothing in the way of backing tracks. Contains the trio of MTV Eliminator songs, Gimme all your lovin, Sharp dressed man and Legs. Older tracks like Tush and Cheap Sunglasses are also included plus the popular Rough Boy. All in all it is ZZ Top Live so if you like them you will like this.
My only gripe is that as a download the album had gaps between the songs which is not good on a live record. I fixed it with some editing software and some time. Possibly the actual CD version comes without the gaps, I would hope so. So beware.
on 25 May 2013
A live gig filmed how you watch a band, looking at one player then moving to another. There is no jumping images, spinning screens, disappearing to a point or any other fancy camera work. Just watch and enjoy. I let someone borrow my original copy and I have never had it back. No more 'loans out.'
on 18 June 2012
basically its the soundtrack to the dvd, so it's good in that it hasn't been tidied up too much but that is also a drawback as the sound quality is not great.
ZZ Top are a great live band and should issue a properly engineered live album.
sadly this is not it
on 15 January 2012
what a great show. great set from a great band. very fast service. came as described. great live cd with the dvd
on 4 April 2013
ZZ Top at their best.

The only thing missing was an extra of all their wonderful videos (male chauvanist here)!

If you like ZZ Top you won't be disappointed
on 25 November 2009
ZZ Top Live is a fantastic DVD and one of the best I have ever heard. This group really knows how to play and get an audience going. I can't stop playing it. It makes you want to get up and dance. These guys are the best. Do not hesitate to buy this DVD - you will not be disappointed.
on 11 July 2014
this album is a must for all rock and blues fans and fans of great live music.