5.0 out of 5 stars 'Which' Best Buy is excellent

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor picture for football
Published on 31 Jan 2010 by S. Martin

5.0 out of 5 stars 'Which' Best Buy is excellent, 24 Aug 2009
G. Winfield "Winfield" (Essex , England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Panasonic TX-L32X10 32-inch Widescreen HD Ready LCD TV with Freeview (Electronics)
I am a member of the Which comsumer magazine and this television is one of their 'Best Buys' and it doesn't fail to deliver. The picture is amazing straight out of the box, but when set to the settings that Which recommend,it truly is a joy to sit and watch.The sound is excellent too and as the television is a doddle to set up in the first place. I highly recommend this television

5.0 out of 5 stars Great TV, 1 Oct 2009
Mr. E. Padley (Chichester U.K.) - See all my reviews
This 'HD Ready' set was all that I expected from it following finding it in a 'Which' review. Setting it up was a doddle.
I also learned that you will waste your money buying 'Full HD' if your set is 40" or less as you will not be able to tell any difference - so 'HD Ready' is fine

4.0 out of 5 stars TV purchase after comparison checks, 4 Aug 2009
J. Davison "John Davison" (England) - See all my reviews
The panasonic TV chosen filled the specification needed in size, quality and delivery. Free delivery by Amazon to a friend's room in a residential home, and infomation that it had been delivered, was the icing on the cake. The set is easy to set up (self setting). Selection of stations and changing stations is slow. The remote can be slightly difficult to use for older fingers. The area has recently switched off analogue transmissions, change to digital via a top box was not pratical. This was the first time I have made a purchase via Internet, Amazon made it easy for me with their efficient on-line trade. Thank you, John Davison

5.0 out of 5 stars A good top quality buy, 30 July 2009
N. Rentmore "Boris" (Somerset UK) - See all my reviews
My overall experience for this 32" TV is good. Very easy to unpack and set-up very easy. Picture quality very good with still loads of different options I can use, The SD slot was useful in displaying my photo's. No regrets. Top quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product for 1st timer, 23 July 2009
J. Ali - See all my reviews
I needed to get a new tv as my previous CRT tv stopped working. After researching various TVs and reading forums/ magazines I concluded that getting a 720 HD tv for a 32inch is more than enough. 1080p which this tv doesnt have is not necessary for a 32 inch. So in that sense you automatically save around 200 pounds as the 1080p listed at the time was £600.
The Viera has excellent picture and very easy to setup. The picture has 720 viewing meaning that when people view the TV from any angle the picture is still excellent. Standard TV picture for this is below CRT TV but I understand that its very difficult to beat CRT on standard definition. These tv's only come alive when hooked up to blu ray player(PS3).
I would recommend this tv. You cant' go wrong. Panasonic have made a solid tv.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good piece of kit., 7 Oct 2009
Purchased largely on the basis of being a 'Which Best Buy' and previous experience of Panasonic items.

I've not been disappointed. Lovely clear picture and easy to use. Good piece of kit.

4.0 out of 5 stars Panasonic LCD 32 inch TV, 13 Oct 2009
Mr. Hubert C. Macfie (Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
Simple to set up, whether directly to a satellite dish or through a Sky box. Automatic tuning when not connected to the Sky box, easy and intuitive to change settings. Bright clean-cut picture with apparently accurate flesh tones. A satisfying purchase - value for money!

5.0 out of 5 stars Very deserved of a Which? Best Buy!, 8 Dec 2009
The search for my first decent TV for my new apartment was a lengthy process that took months and involved multiple purchases!

I had initially purchased the LG 32LH2000 from Richer Sounds for £365 including their 5 year warranty. In case anyone is considering this model, it was great for gaming and produced a good picture. For freeview though... it was a different story and there appeared to be very little detail in the images and increasing the sharpness introduced numerous artefacts.

Not being happy with my purchase I looked at alternatives and that's when I came across this Panasonic L32X10B. I had heard some work colleagues mention that Panasonic were one of the best manufacturers to go with and a friend who does LCD repairs said that Panasonic are the brand he has to repair very infrequently so I hope this is good sign for the years to come ( I get the 5 year warranty on it just in case).

As far as this TV goes... it's fantastic! The freeview signal is very clear and I happened to find Life showing on BBC Three to really put it through it's paces. It passed with flying colours, which coincidently looked very natural.

The Which? guide mentioned an annoyance with adverts on the EPG (programme guide) but if they meant the box on the left, it's hardly anything that you'd even notice.

One of the aspects of the TV that I very much appreciated was the ability to view what was on across various channels both now and next by using the directional buttons and still having the programme I was currently watching on screen with the sound, similar to what you can do on Sky. This is on top of having the EPG for each channel or across a certain time period. It was a function I did not know about previously but now will never buy a TV without it.

I don't own a blu-ray player but in the shop they put on UP! via blu ray in the shop and it looked better than both a £499 LG and a £499 Samsung next to it, and they were both 1080p compared to this TV at 720p/1080i. The Transformers DVD that I played on it (I didn't' want to have to concentrate too much!) looked great too.

As for gaming, I have pretty good vision and I couldn't see any problems with the fast paced motion of COD MW2 or Halo 3 when hooked up to my Xbox 360 via HDMI.

Another useful function of this TV is it's phono output (red and white) instead of just a headphone socket like most LCD TVs. This means that it can easily be hooked up to an external amplifier for some loud and beefy sound! On that point, the sound from the internal speakers I thought was absolutely fine, better than I'd expect from an LCD TV.

As of yet I haven't' been able to find a fault with the Panasonic L32X10B and I haven't regretted upgrading from the 32LH2000 for a second!

5.0 out of 5 stars panasonic TX L32X10, 10 Oct 2009
prompt service-delighted because ordered on saturday and delivered on the tuesday - picture quality excellent- sound very good and working to complete satisfaction

3.0 out of 5 stars Poor picture for football, 31 Jan 2010
S. Martin - See all my reviews
If you enjoy watching football this TV is not for you. Given the mostly positive reviews for this TV I was disappointed to discover just how poor the picture is for football (and probably for most fast moving) sports. The players become slightly blurred and the picture is worse than on my 15 year old Sony! I've since been told that to get a decent picture for fast moving action I'd have to pay £70 more and upgrade to the TX-L32X15. It's a shame that Panasonic don't mention this problem in their blurb for the product but I guess that if they did they wouldn't sell so many. Great delivery service from Amazon but I now have to take time off work and wait at home for the courier to come and collect the one I'm returning.