4.0 out of 5 stars Great Value Digital Audio cable
Published on 8 May 2010 by Mr. T. J. Delaney

3.0 out of 5 stars Makes/causes loud, kind of 60 cycle hum noise
Bought recently 2 cables: 3m and 5m long. The 3m cable makes/causes loud, kind of 60 cycle hum noise which points to bad ground connection or similar fault.
1 out of 2 bought cables - faulty!?? It says something about the quality of the products...

Update:

Published 4 months ago by Amazon Customer

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Value Digital Audio cable, 8 May 2010
Mr. T. J. Delaney (Barry, S.Wales) - See all my reviews
I purchased the cable to connect the digital output from my freeview box to my surround sound amplifier to obtain pcm stereo signal. The cable comes with gold plated connectors which ensures good tight connection, sound is clear far superior to the analogue connection i was using. I found for the cost it was great value for money and the sound compares favourably to a more expensive digital optical cable i use to connect my dvd player.

4.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what it is., 4 Oct. 2010
This review is from: Cable Mountain 10m Gold Plated Single RG59 Coaxial Phono Cable for SPDIF/Digital Audio and Composite Video Cable (Accessory)
It connects two video devices that are 10 metres or less apart. Works for me.

Can't comment on quality as I've nothing to compare, but it was just fine connecting my PS3 and projector for big screen films and games (not in HD).

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cable, great price, 10 Feb. 2011
Bought this to replace a duff optical cable coming out of my 3D Bluray player.

What can I say... It does exactly what it is designed to. Great shipping speed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good cable, 25 Oct. 2013
Bought this to connect DVD player to DD 5.1 surround system. I needed a long one as the sub/amp is on the opposite side of the room to the DVD player now I have set up my home cinema. The sound is perfect even over the long distance, no different from when I had the same set up connected via a 1m QED coaxial cable (which cost more than this 10m cable!) This seems like a well made cable and is a good price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality cable., 10 Dec. 2013
Needed a cable to connect my new TV to my sound bar. This provides a good connection at a very reasonable price. Good service all round.

5.0 out of 5 stars good quality, 3 July 2013
bought for a sub woofer and works a treat. long enough to go around the room under the carpet. really happy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, can't complain, 28 Jun. 2012
Seems pretty good, nice metal connectors, I needed something longer than the 1m cable I had to hand when originally connecting my 5.1 surround sound amplifier and this was it...! Hence, it runs my sub nicely and allows me to position my amplifier where I want it.
Quality wise it seems good, the insulation feels sturdy, connectors are metal and the sub seems smooth, punchy and controlled.

3.0 out of 5 stars Makes/causes loud, kind of 60 cycle hum noise, 22 Jan. 2015

Update:

Changed from 1 star to 3 as the replacement cable was sent immediately and this one is causing no problems as the 5 metre one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cable Mountain 5m Gold Plated Single RG59 Coaxial Phono Cable for..., 6 Nov. 2013
Used to deliver separate left and right stereo outputs from my little Behringer karaoke mixer to two Behringer Eurolive PA Speaker/Amps. Great sound quality results and the cables are pliable enough to coil and pack away in a small transportation box. They keep telling me the better the cable the better the sound. I agree.

5.0 out of 5 stars Soft, strong, and very very long..., 1 Oct. 2013
Lovely long cable, gold tipped, nice and flexible... works a treat, sounds great. So long... I should have bought a smaller one... great thing is - at least I have the flexibility to plonk the subwoofer anywhere I want (up to 10 metres).