5.0 out of 5 stars Must Buy... If you have a Sega Mega Drive.
My old Sega Mega Drive cable stopped working, it was an S-Video one, so I bought this one. The delivery was quick and the product was exactly as I expected in perfect working order. I'd definitely recommend this to anyone needing an AV Cable for their Sega Mega Drive.
Published on 18 Jan. 2012 by Reece

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars
The cable on itself is good, but it doesn't work anymore after 10 months...
Published 9 months ago by Pierre Cybard

5.0 out of 5 stars Must Buy... If you have a Sega Mega Drive., 18 Jan. 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars

5.0 out of 5 stars Works an absolute treat., 23 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Sega Megadrive 2 II AV cable TV lead (Video Game)
EDIT: Looking back at this, I will say that from the part where it splits to the Video/L-R Audio is a bit fragile, and could break if pulled on or not paid attention to, still works a treat though.

The steps I took:
- Unpack this cable
- Dragged my old Sega Megadrive from my closet
- Plugged everything into my Panasonic Viera HD TV
- Switched it all on
- Smiled at the decrease in blurriness and the increase of colour.
- Played a solid 3-4 hours of Dragons Fury and Streets of Rage 2 without any issues whatsoever.

All I can say is that when it splits into the 3 cables for the AV, just be careful because the 3 separated cables look a bit on the thin side, and may not take much abuse.

In summary: I recommend this to anyone who wants to give that bit more of a life to their Sega Megadrive/genesis.

5.0 out of 5 stars Will not work with a 32X connected to a generation 1 megadrive, 13 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Sega Megadrive 2 II AV cable TV lead (Video Game)
Unfortunately If you have a 32x connected to a generation 1 megadrive this cable will ONLY give you video and NO audio. The reason for this has got something to do with the fact that the generation 1 megadrive outputs stereo sound on its own while the generation 2 outputs mono only as does the 32x only output mono. However You can get sound from the Generation 1's Earphone socket, I am very happy with this product over all, as long as I can get composite video I'm happy enough, also the seller sent me out a second cable while we sent emails back and forth trying to work out why I couldn't get sound, I eventually came across a website that explained it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unleash the past, 28 Sept. 2012
Paul - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Sega Megadrive 2 II AV cable TV lead (Video Game)
The Megadrive is such an amazing console and well capable of still proving to have insanely fun and hard games, whether you are veteran on COD or a pro gamer today, the Mega Drive can most likely put up a real fight against your skills.

I needed to put this console onto an HDTV and so I needed this cable to plug into a scart adaptor which plugs into a scart to HDMI converter. It does the job great, the cables are a bit thin as I've heard but take care with it and it won't give you any problems. I'm now playing a mega drive on a 46 inch LED tv, if only I knew this would be my future when I was 6 and playing on a 14inch portable tv.

4.0 out of 5 stars Made a slight adjustment but now works., 2 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Sega Megadrive 2 II AV cable TV lead (Video Game)
I could not get the plug to fit into my Mega Drive 2 and could not get picture or sound. It turned out that the diameter of the AV plug shielding is a little too big when trying to connect it. I had to trim the shielding and it now fits perfectly.
I bought the AV cable because the RF one I had with the Mega Drive was not working very well with LCD TVs. The sound kept cutting out at times, but its no issue with this new AV cable. I get a better picture and stereo sound that doesn't cut out at all, and I can now play my Mega Drive! Very happy customer!

5.0 out of 5 stars It works great!, 14 July 2012
This review is from: Sega Megadrive 2 II AV cable TV lead (Video Game)
It does what it's supposed to do. No flaws as of yet and I recommend it to everybody who is looking for new AV cables for the Mega drive.

5.0 out of 5 stars JUST WHAT I NEEDED, 24 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Sega Megadrive 2 II AV cable TV lead (Video Game)
Stupidly i stood on my other lead like this as it isn't very long,so it snapped the pins off as i tried to step over it,so be warned that it is quite short. However this does the job needed for a great picture and sound and easier than tuning in,ideal.
I won't be so careless this time and hopefully this has warned others not to make my mistake.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, great company, 22 May 2013
Mr. B. J. Harris "Benny1314" (West Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sega Megadrive 2 II AV cable TV lead (Video Game)
This product arrived last night, 3 days before the outlined date! (Thank you!)

This product has allowed me to go back in time and play my Sega games on my 42 inch LCD TV - With perfect sound and quality as apose to tuning it into your TV (Plug and play!)

Excellent prodcut from an excellent company that keeps their promises!

5.0 out of 5 stars Big Screen megadrive 2, 9 Dec. 2012
This review is from: Sega Megadrive 2 II AV cable TV lead (Video Game)
Wow what a product so simple to attach 2 mins and of you go,all your megadrive games in huge format great ,and on top of that is its cheap the product is well put together and strong not flimsy, a must have if you still have a Megadrive 2 hanging about. great delivery time would use them again ,well recomended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works!, 28 July 2013
This review is from: Sega Megadrive 2 II AV cable TV lead (Video Game)
I've spent so long being convinced my mega drive wont work on my TV anymore as it used to run through the aerial port. I came across this and thought I'd try it and it certainly does the job. Although 32 bit mega drive games on a full 40 inch 1080 hd TV can hurt your eyes!

Sega Megadrive 2 II AV cable TV lead
Sega Megadrive 2 II AV cable TV lead by retroaccessories (Sega Megadrive)