2,250 Reviews
 (1,322)

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, and the auto-switching works fine.
Bought this because I have three HDMI devices attached to my TV (FreeviewHD, Blu-Ray, Roku), and only two HDMI ports on my TV.

Published 4 months ago by K. Nicoll

1.0 out of 5 stars Not the product you think you're paying for
Published 3 months ago by Amazon Customer

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, and the auto-switching works fine., 2 Jan. 2015
K. Nicoll - See all my reviews
This review is from: Duronic HDS3 Mini 3 Port Gold HDMI Auto Switch PIANO BLACK 3x1 (3 way input 1 output HDMI Switcher) (Accessory)

The device is about the size of a box of paracetamol, and looks very much like the pictures. There is a blue LED on the top which is quite bright, so bear that in mind before putting it somewhere where it might be annoying. It doesn't require any mains power (the power comes from the HDMI devices you plug into it).

There are four HDMI ports in total. Three inputs (for Blu-ray players, games consoles, etc), and one output that goes into your television.

I leave mine floating behind the TV in mid-air, as the HDMI cables attached to it are quite rigid. It seems to be perfectly happy that way. (Note: HDMI cables are NOT included with this item)

Although there is a button to switch between the HDMI inputs, the box also has auto-detection, so when a device is turned on, it will immediately switch to that device, and switch back when it is turned off. For example, if I have my Roku switched on all the time, if I switch the Blu-ray player on, the device will immediately switch to the Blu-ray input. When I turn off the Blu-ray player, it will switch back to the Roku.

All in all, an excellent purchase, very happy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic buy, 30 Sept. 2010
J. Weate (B'ham UK) - See all my reviews
Switches between HDMI channels automatically, so no need for the remote! I have my PS3, Xbox 360 and PC all connected to my TV, no loss of sound or picture quality, extremely happy!

5.0 out of 5 stars So Far So Good!, 2 Jan. 2012
I bought this because my tv only has one HDMI port. I have connected two items to it so far, a PS3 and a Sky HD box and I've had absolutely no problems at all, its switching automatically on its own between the two and I can't criticise it at all. Very happy with this little gadget.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not the product you think you're paying for, 27 Jan. 2015
Product that arrived was not the one shown. It was faulty and I have been refunded but as I still have the item I decided to take a peek inside and to my surprise it was using the exact chip shown on the description of the cheap "common switch" with the "poor imitation gold connectors" red PCB and everything. I was so let down that I had to write this review to highlight the issue.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well, set up and forget really, 25 Aug. 2010
This little box works very well, I just plugged in my V+ box, my PS3 and my TV to it and then it pretty much does the rest.

When I turn on the PS3, it automatically switches to that input, and back to the TV feed when I turn it off. A lovely bit of kit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 9 Aug. 2010
I was very pleasantly surprised by this tiny device. I purchased it because I bought a new HD PVR and only had 2 HDMI slots on my TV. It was very simple to set up and worked straight out of the box. I use it to switch between my home PC and PS3. It automatically detects when either machine is switched on or comes out of standby and switches to it seemlessly. Similarly when either is switched off it switches to the other. It works so well that no-one in my family is aware that it is there. I have never had to switch manually. Some reviewers have complained about the brightness of the blue LED. It is a little bright but this isn't an issue for me as it is down the back of my TV stand. Altogether a great purchase - very effective and a third the price of anything I could find in the shops.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product almost ruined by port labels, 15 July 2011
Good product almost ruined by port labels.

I've just spent the last hour trying to get this to work which I have now successfully done.

Initially, after wiring it up all I got were various errors on my TV about no cable being connected, or no signal being received, or it switching to strange source inputs on the TV. It looked like it didn't work at all. However, I had noticed when I plugged in a cable to what was labelled "Input 1" source light "4" came on. The same applied to other inputs in that different source lights came on to what the inputs were labelled.

I then worked out that my particular box had been labelled in reverse and the actual "Output" was labelled "Input 3" (if you notice on the product picture "Output" is in the middle on the bottom, mine is labelled in the middle at the top - the picture is right!). So almost ruined by the fact it was upside down when they printed on the numbers.

Having taken this into account and using "Input 3" as the output, and knowing all the input number labels were mixed up, the box appears to be working fine now. So far picture quality looks good, sounds good, remote control works and auto-switching is working for my products that support it.

Anyway, so far recommended, it now seems a good piece of kit for the price (just bare in mind the labelling if you should get one that doesn't behave).

5.0 out of 5 stars It's perfect!, 9 Feb. 2011
Make sure that you have a spare HDMI cable to plug from the Output port into the TV.

I have both my PS3 and XBOX 360 plugged in, if I turn either on it will automatically switch to that console, same for when I turn it off which is extremely handy. The build quality is also great. The switcher is very small aswell.

It's perfect!

5.0 out of 5 stars SKy HD and PS3, 17 Jun. 2011
T. Sandhu (UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this to connect Sky HD box and my PS3 to my Samsung TV. At first i could only get Sky HD to work as the PS3 picture was flickering and fuzzy. After some research (as the user manual is useless) found out that if you change the PS3 HDMI settings it will work.

My PS3 was outputting 720p (automatic settings) but my tv supports 1080p which I changed it to and now they both work.

Sky HD is input 1 and PS3 is input 2. Now when i switch my PS3 on it automatically switches to it and then when i switch it off it goes back to Sky HD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceeded expectations, 23 Jan. 2011
I bought this switcher with some trepidation after reading various reviews for other switchers which had implied, in general for all brands, that I would likely experience some signal degradation. I am happy to report that this is NOT the case. The switcher itself is much smaller than I had expected, and very lightweight. I have the unit switching my SKY HD and PS3, and in all honesty the switcher far exceeds my expectations. A clever device with NO signal degredation and smart auto switch function. The LED light to show which device is currently in use is very bright, but as it is Blue (I didnt want the living room to look like a red light district or the wife would have complained) and hidden behind the telly this caused no problems. Well done Duronics!