Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop Cyber Monday Deals Week in Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Amazon Fire TV Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Voyage Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

on 24 September 2009
Don't like ordering complex gear online, so we purchased our 32PFL5604 from Richer Sounds, but it is good to support a product you are enthusiastic about, and if Amazon sells lots of these Philips TVs based on the reviews here, great stuff! Good design needs rewarding.

1. The industrial design is great, even the rear looks nice.
2. We're only viewing regular analogue signal due to lack of Freeview signal in the area, so cannot comment on image quality really as this is an HD set, so we're only experiencing literally 1/4 of it's potential! (We did view a Blu-Ray demo in the shop first of course to help compare. The one thing one most NOT do is look at more expensive sets as they will of course offer better image quality.) However...
3. ...the USB media player really shows up the image quality this TV is capable of when viewing photos from a digital camera. The only negative is that browsing an SD card (via an adapter plugged into the TV's USB port) is a little sluggish, but no big deal. Using a faster USB drive or memory card may speed it up though.
4. The on screen manual and main OSD (on screen display) is excellent - something Philips are the best at, as you will know if you own any of their other products.
5. The number of connection ports is more than enough. And the location of the most used on the side of the TV is good thinking by Philips. (USB port, one HDMI, phono inputs, headphones etc.)
6. Sound is fairly good for a TV - we've yet to really ramp it up.
7. Remote control is excellent, with an intuitive common sense layout and direct action keys for the on screen user manual etc. The only negative re the remote is that the buttons are quite stiff, but perhaps they will loosen up with use.
8. Phenomenal number of customization options within the on screen menu.
9. Weight. Not only about 7 times as thin as the 20" CRT TV it was replacing (that cost about the same 15 years ago!) but about 1/2 as light too. Easy to carry by one person.
10. Several ecologically friendly characteristics - all explained within tree saving the on screen manual!

What is ironic is we won't get to experience the true capability of this TV until Freeview (digital) reaches our area or we get a Sky HD box!

OK, that's a wrap!
on 19 August 2009
Fantastic LCD... its got brilliant display, sound and sleek looks which is just perfect for my bedroom.
For the Tv specification, its a top in its league compared to other products.....its easy to setup and ready to use..

This is my first Philips LCD tv and i dont regret buying it even tho i have always bought Sony....

Amazon proved on time delivery as the tv came 2 days after it was dispatched.

Philips 32PFL5604H/10 32-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p LCD TV with Freeview and Pixel Plus HD
on 8 August 2014
Warning: Philips customer care is abysmal. They rarely put out flash/firmware fixes and when you report a bug(hoping to get a flash firmware patch for it) they tell you to get a local repairman. This tv was advertised by Philips as future proof when I bought it here on Amazon-what liars, yet it will not play the mkv container or mp4's with more than 5 ref frames via its usb port. However, that said, the built freeview decoder & Incredible Surround quality is outstandingly good quality for a 50hz TV, but Philips tech website is not manned by tech people at all when you submit to their online "speak with an advisor." I would not buy a Philips TV again. Not worth the price. Go Sony or Samsung I say!

***Also there is a VERY annoying bug with this line of TV. If you turn it off and then turn it back on within 5 minutes the audio is completely lost. You must disconnect everything from the mains and wait about 10 mins then reconnect. The last software patch is the problem I think. I notified Philips(hoping for a firmware fix) and got completely fobbed off as my TV is long out of guarantee. Without these annoyances I would have given 5*!
on 25 August 2009
I'm giving this product four stars because of amazon delivery process, at the checkout
I choosed 1st class delivery on a thursday but it was delivered on the
following tuesday, though the 1st class charge was refunded but imagine
not having a tv to watch for a whole weekend when world championship is
going on and premiership football just started!

after I gave out my phillips 28" tv, the big one, I was in a dillema thinking
of the right tv to buy, what with all this different products all claiming to
be the best, I started researching and I knew what I want, herein comes the
phillips 32" full hd tv, this tv is just brilliant and until you experience it
you will not understand how sharp and vivid the picture is, despite toying with the
options of cancelling the order on monday when it was yet to be delivered,when it
came on tuesday, I knew the wait was worth it, as soon as it came out from the box
it was a real beauty, black all through with shiny gloss, I can only summarise the
whole experience as this:

Connectivity: 3hdmi,usb port, 2scarts connections, vga connection and wait for this,
it can be used as PC monitor!

Colour: 28.9 billions of natural colour display with a dynamic contrast ratio of 50000:1
im still enraptured with this cute machine, a friend saw it and immediately
decided to order one for himself.

Operations: its very simple to operate, anyone can operate this, installation is step by

overall quality is excellent, if you are thinking of buying a tv, you can as well give
yourself a treat because this is what it is.

I will have to forgive amazon and rate it back to five stars!
on 4 October 2009
satisfied with delivery quality and performance of the tv. no hesitation in recomending this product.
on 14 September 2009
If i can set this up then anyone can other friends have seen it &are well impressed ordered by 1st class post recd in 2days well done amazon thanks a million
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse