5.0 out of 5 stars Happy Customer
Great product, strong and tough. A good large fit & the velcro and buttons seem strong. Worn these now over two very wet & very muddy weekends in the Mournes and they're as sturdy as they were when they arrived (quickly) from amazon. A good buy
Published on 10 Feb 2011 by Mr. J. S. Faloon

3.0 out of 5 stars Tough but sweaty
Published 24 months ago by A. L. Taylor

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy Customer, 10 Feb 2011
Mr. J. S. Faloon (Ballymena) - See all my reviews

3.0 out of 5 stars Tough but sweaty, 18 April 2012
A. L. Taylor "tonka_taylor" (Wirral, England) - See all my reviews
I had some misgivings about these since they did not claim to be made of Goretex (or similar) but the price was good. Having worn them on a holiday in the Lake District, they were very sweaty but kept my lower legs warm and protected from snow and wet vegetation. I was also worried about the velcro fastening on the front, but they proved to be the easiest gaiters to put on that I have ever used. They are not something to wear on every walk, but they are worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars toasty, 30 Dec 2010
the great thing about these gaiters apart from the price is that they keep your feet both dry and also your lower legs nice and warm from the chill and wind. Snug fit too] and spare foot straps. Bargain

1.0 out of 5 stars Too small - again!, 4 Nov 2011
N. Wright (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Berghaus Snowline Unisex Gaiter (Misc.)
It looks as though L/XL only fit 18" calf. I'm size 10 with 21" calf, so they're too small. It's no consolation that this also the case with 'one size' gaiters such as Gelert Frontier Gaiters. For the record, Berghaus make gaiters in two lengths 40cm 'R' or 45cm 'L'. The ones I received were 'R' - I can't see that making a difference for me, but it might be worth knowing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality from Berhaus, 17 Mar 2011
Good quality gaiters, including additional boot straps (the parts that suffer the most wear). The gaiters fit well to the lower leg, are easy to put on and look and feel as if they are made from quality waterproof materials.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does The Job, 18 Jan 2011
Arrived before Christmas as promised, despite the snow. They are easy to put on and do the job they are made for.

4.0 out of 5 stars Top Quality as expected from Berghaus, 8 Jan 2011
With the recent snow and bed weather these have been getting lots of use. Great quality item as expected from Berghaus at a great price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Berghaus Gaiters, 23 Nov 2009
Raymond Penny (England) - See all my reviews
Easy to put on did not have to adjust whilst walking, did exactly what it said on the can.

5.0 out of 5 stars V attractive product, 29 April 2012
Got my gaiters and am v happy with my purchase
Great colour, length Exactly as described
Nice to get a good branded product for a change as I usually can't afford!!
Will hopefully last a long time
Would definately recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and effective, but measure yourself first., 1 Oct 2013
I ordered these based on the positive reviews. And have been using them for my work carrying out moorland restoration.

The velcro only system makes them easy to put on and adjust the sole straps, this will also eliminate any metal parts rubbing on my boots. The sole straps seem well attached, but even if they do become detached a spare pair are provided.

I ordered the regular length (40cm) and they fit me well, but I was between lengths and if my calves were any thicker I would be finding the fit too snug - as other reviewers have mentioned. However a longer pair (extra long 45cm) would have alleviated this by fitting further up the calf, where it tapers to the back of the knee.

They are a stiff gaiter which I like as this prevents them slipping down whilst walking, and they don't have to be clinched tight at the top.

In use I like the snug fit, this minimises them rubbing against each other as you walk. And they sit low around the boot giving good protection.

They provide good water and peat bog resistance but are not described by the manufacture as waterproof. I have however managed to ford a couple of streams and sink halfway to my knee in a bog without getting my feet or legs wet.

I'd recommend them and if you have any questions just ask and I'll do my best to answer you.

ARRAY(0xab56f594)