Price:£30.70 - £55.32+ Free shipping with Amazon Prime

on 5 November 2015
Got these for the wife - I currently have some Sea to Summit 'Event Summit' gaiters so that is what I'm comparing these to. I'm a massive Berghaus fan we we have have loads of their stuff, but every now and again they throw in a well below-par product and this is definitely one. Really disappointed by the overall chatty quality - weak, raggedy stitching throughout (single thread cotton rather than nylon) and poor strength/construction on all the stress points - one of the plastic snap-on cuff buttons came off in my hands as its rivet style back fastening appeared to have sheared off - not essential, as the Velcro holds them in place anyway, but still very poor material selection and implementation. Therefore only really see them fit for walking a dog on a local muddy track and not for any serious outdoor pursuit (certainly wouldn't put my faith in these for snow shoeing or ski touring for instance). The Sea to Summits (not a well known brand and the first thing I've ever owned by them) are on a completely different level for build and materials used - they feel indestructible, but holding the Berghaus, I feel I could easily pull any of the stitching apart with my hands. My previous gaiters were Black Diamond (which i managed to lose) and a walking friend currently has some Mammut ones - both those were considerably better build quality too, so unless you get these on a mega price drop, I'd definitely suggest looking elsewhere for £30 level gaiters.

Further info - got the l/xl regular as don't like gaiters too high on the knee and my wife is quite tall 5ft7+ and size 7 feet (I'm 6ft2 and 10.5uk) and these actually fit both of us well with the 'adjustability' offered by the Velcro - this is why I'm able to personally comment on the fit. Two stars go for actually being very comfy and lightweight when on and, looks wise, nice overall design - cut/fit covers your footwear well. A real shame therefore about the build and material quality.
on 3 February 2014
Bought these for my husband on the strength of previous reviews. Made sure I ordered the right size but unfortunately the design is such that it didn't accommodate a well developed calf muscle and so wouldn't close up properly. Only suitable for really slim legs.
on 21 January 2013
Bought two pairs of these gaiters, fit, breatherbility and design up to Berghaus usual standard, however the boot strap has failed on both sets of gaiters after only 7 months of fairly moderate wear, I suppose they are likely to fail after time but not in such a short time in my opinion.
The main problem is the replacement, they are specific to these gaiters being velcro fix and as yet I have been unable to find a store that can help, without the straps they are no use. So only three stars.
on 13 February 2013
Can't praise these enough. With all the rain we have had walking is more like bog sparkling at the mo. But these keep everything out. Was up to my knees in dartmoor mud but still dry. And the mud just rinsed right off. Xlnt
on 13 February 2012
I've hated poor quality gaiters for there inadequacy in staying up ,keeping my feet dry and not giving me welly rash. These gaiters are fantastic, stay up, dry feet, comfortable and come with adjustable and replacement under foot straps. Highly rate these for bog hopping in comfort.
on 30 December 2013
I've just got these. The quality seems ok, but the under boot straps are much too long. This results in not enough of the securing Velcro making contact and the remaining excess Velcro waggling around and getting caught on other things. The front fixing hook comes unhooked as I walk. I have a size 42 boot. A quick search of the internet shows that this is not an unknown problem. I couldn't find where to get spare or shorter straps.
on 19 February 2013
these gaitors are superb i'm only 5'2 with a 29 inch inside leg & they fit perfectly in both length & width . i've used them in snow & rain & not a wet patch anywhere . Highly recommend them .
on 23 December 2013
For a Berghaus product I was slightly disappointed as there is little flexibility and the shape makes it difficult to get round your legs when wearing thick trousers
on 21 April 2014
Once you are converted to the use of gaiters, you won't look back. I had a pair of these and when they were well past their best I looked for replacements. I tried on many pairs from all the big names, but frankly, nothing compared to the fit of these Berghaus ones. I like the very slightly shorter length, works perfects. I've been through some SERIOUS peat bogs with these and had no problems with getting wet or mud inside boots or gaiters.

Would buy again for sure. Stop reading other reviews and buy these ones.
on 11 February 2013
Bought these recently to replace cheap pair from TK Max. Its true, you get what you pay for .. the GTX Gaiters were superb through snow and water during recent walk in the Galloways.