5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent raincover just don't get caught out by the sizing
Published on 26 Oct. 2011 by sirvo

3.0 out of 5 stars Sizing way out
Published on 1 Nov. 2010 by Andy

3.0 out of 5 stars Sizing way out, 1 Nov. 2010
This review is from: Berghaus Rucksack Raincover Fluorescent Yellow (Electronics)
The quality is very good however the sizing information is totally wrong. I bought this product for use on a 35l backpack. As the description for this prodcut states up to 40l I thought that the adjustments on the product will compensate for the additional 5l. However, after tightening the cover and using the compression strap it is still nearly double the size of my backpack - this product is more suitable for a 55 - 60l backpack and certainly won't fit anything 40l or below. I have double checked and it is the "Small" that I have been sent. It's a crying shame the sizing is so far out because otherwise it's a great product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent raincover just don't get caught out by the sizing, 26 Oct. 2011
In my opinion this is a great raincover. I'm really glad I read Mr B J Binghams review as this is absolutely spot on. The Small size cover fits my Berghaus Jalan 60+10 rucksack like a glove. The cover comes in a mesh bag and it has a couple of ties to secure it properly depending on the fill of your pack. Another nice feature is a zippable pocket on the outside of the cover.

3.0 out of 5 stars Product is ok, but sizing is totally inaccurate, 12 Nov. 2011
The cover is as described and will do the job it is intended for. However, it is massive! I bought the small and it's no way suitable for 25-40 litre rucksacks. Try 50-80l.

2.0 out of 5 stars very big, 26 Dec. 2009
Alain Miner - See all my reviews
For thesmall size this cover seems enormous.my sac is a 40 litre but the cover seems massive

5.0 out of 5 stars Berghaus Rain Cover Fluorescent Yellow Large, 31 Jan. 2010
my husband was chuffed with this, very useful as very bright, just what you need. fantastic

5.0 out of 5 stars really waterproof and strong, 22 Mar. 2013
It works well for bigger backpacks. I use this product tough irish west coast conditions with strong winds and heavy rains. I was worried how waterproof it can be , but after a year I can say it keeps my backpack dry. I recomend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Berghaus back pack cover, 26 April 2010
Mr. G. K. Wright (UK) - See all my reviews
Well made, and the small size is big enough to cover a Tamrac Expedition 8 Photo/Laptop Backpack

5.0 out of 5 stars Saved by helpful feedback!, 2 Oct. 2013
T. King (Northumberland) - See all my reviews
I won't be using this for some time so can't comment too much yet. Exactly what I wanted, good quality, looks perfect. As usual with Berghaus good product but not cheap.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank the reviewers who warned of the ridiculously inaccurate sizing given by Berghaus, which is incredible for a company of this stature. A special thanks to Mr B.J. Bingham who went to the trouble to measure and give us exact dimensions of the so called "small" raincover L70cm
W40cm D30cm.
I was then able to simply measure my bag [ Berghaus Jalan 70+15] which without the 15L daypack is 70L which was exactly these dimensions. it fits perfectly. It also adjusts to slightly larger or smaller using the draw string.
Had I followed Berghaus sizing for 70L I would have ordered the large raincover. I don't know how big that is or what it would fit, a small boat maybe.
I hope to update on how it performs in a tropical downpour as soon as possible.

2.0 out of 5 stars Too big for regular rucksacks, 21 Feb. 2011
Waste of time. Going to have to send it back. It's not flexible enough to fit a regular 30-40l rucksack without having an excessive amount of material flapping around. I'm sure it's perfect for proper camping-size gear, but not for a bag I carry on my back cycling in and out every day. Pity.

3.0 out of 5 stars HUGE, 2 Mar. 2010
R. Griffin (Swansea, Wales.) - See all my reviews
My partner & I have 45 + 8 rucksacks so we bought one large to try it. I can fit my partner into it, it's HUGE. Totally impractical for a rucksack that someone could carry on their back. However it's great for the pannier on our bicycles as a cover with some adjustments.