on 22 November 2012
This is a great book for someone who is curious or wanting to further his or her knowledge about Chan meditation. The content of this book included an in-depth explanation of Chan meditation, it's purpose and benefits. The book also has helpful instructions and describes different mental states you may experience, which was very interesting to read. I found this book to be very thorough in its explanations, there were even historical elements which I liked. Definitely a book to have for anyone who really wants to learn how to do Chan meditation or understand the purpose of Chan meditation taught in a traditional school of thought. Moreover, there are many stories spoken by Master Hsuan Hua which have made this book entertaining and yet a serious buddhist book full of wisdom. I think the Q&A section was very insightful too.

I only had one issue with the book, and that was the formatting, where some paragraphs from the Q&A section were repeated. Nonetheless a very good book indeed.