Format: Audio CD|Change

on 8 February 2015
Very reminiscent of George Benson in one or two tracks, Al Jarreau has a great voice. There is the beautiful and evocative 'Mornin' as an opener, which caught me in its simple magic the first time I heard it, followed by a healthy variety of up tempo tracks, all around the theme of love. An album worth including in any collection
on 28 October 2008
Haven't heard this in years. Paid £20.00 for a mint condition used copy.

Worth every penny - this is a fantastic album.

Great sound quality - don't seem to make them like this any more.

Just can't figure out why this seems to be out of print - it's a classic!

Suggested back-to-back listening - Give Me the Night and or In Your Eyes
on 6 October 2009
I think this is his best Album by far. This CD has been deleted for years and has been selling on e-bay for over £80. (I could never understand why it was deleted)
The record was released in 1983 and produced by Jay Graydon who also co wrote many of the songs. Al Jarreau also co wrote some of the tracks.
The record had 9 tracks on it and the cassette had a bonus track called "I KEEP CALLIN"
As far as I am aware, the origanal CD did not have the bonus track, because the ones that were selling on e-bay only listed 9 tracks. The new CD does include the bonus track which includes a brilliant scat singing solo by Al.
The CD is a good mix of Jazz and Soul and as I said earlier is his best album by far.
on 14 May 2013
One of the best albums by Al Jarreau. A combination of ballads and jazz rock. I listened to it for the first time many years ago. When I played it again last week, it sounded just as fresh and exhilarating.
on 2 January 2014
Al is another artist who - in my opinion - is not well-served by greatest hits collections. He is another artist who really needs a 2 disc retrospective, so collections like Warners Best of and An Excellent Adventure both end up missing out too much essential stuff. For that reason, I would always recommend Breaking Away and Jarreau CDs as better places to start. Breaking Away set a new standard for smooth, jazzy, R and B and, rightfully, became a major success. For me, though, this - the follow-up - lifts the bar even higher. Now, 3 albums into their relationship, Jay Graydon as producer and Al as singer simply soar. With an increased focus on up-tempo material with magnificent brass arrangements, the album represents the ultimate in smooth, accessible, R and B. Every track is a must, from the breezy, happy "Mornin'" that kicks the album off, into "Boogie Down" (awful title, but great track!), but I love the light and brassy "Step By Step" and "Love Is Waiting" which was a great closer. Now on CD, they have added another track from the sessions, "I Keep Callin'" to the end, but it has the same feel and quality so in no way detracts from the overall. Any true fan of accessible jazz and R and B needs to have this in their collection!
on 28 September 2013
The reviews listed below are the same as the reviews for this listing:http://www.amazon.co.uk/Jarreau-Al/dp/B000024ADE/ref=sr_1_14?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1380375922&sr=1-14&keywords=al+jarreau I have told Amazon about this. The two that I ordered will be returned because my decision to purchase was based partly on reviews.
on 13 March 2012
I love everythiing Al does so this is just one more album to cherish.
He adds a depth to any song that he does that just gives it life and sparkle!
on 17 January 2016
Classic Al Jarreau. His best album in my opinion.
on 22 October 2015