Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn more Shop now Shop now

on 26 January 2013
I was very excited by this purchase as I am a big fan of musicals and the emotion evoked by the big numbers, and the five CDs do indeed contain some winning show tunes. Unfortunately, many of these songs are just not an enjoyable listen on this compilation due to flaky vocals. The best example of this is Defying Gravity (Wicked), a song I adore and was very excited to hear. Unfortunately the artist has a frustrating propensity to over-enunciate, which deducts from the fluency, and is clumsy and amateurish. Truly, I'm disappointed.
on 17 March 2012
Love this set of CDs, songs are well chosen and the artists/recordings all seem to be good. Great price too.
on 20 February 2011
I read the reviews given for this CD and thought it would be ideal. Imagine my disappointment when I received it and found that most of the artists were unknown to me. Still I decided to play them all and then form an opinion. Unfortunately it hasn't changed. Some of the tracks are OK but the backing gives away the fact that they were not taken from the actual shows but were recorded later and in most cases pretty badly. Have bought several compilation albums and been well pleased with them but this one is doubtfully going to be played again. Pity as most of the songs are really enjoyable when sung properly. Only my opinion but.... Might try and sell it on ebay.
on 15 August 2013
There is definitely a wide range of songs on this CD compilation but there were a lot of songs I didn't recognise which both is good and bad as I can experience songs I haven't heard before but then I cannot sing along :P However if you are a true musical fan and know most of them and all the songs I would certainly recommend this :)
on 6 December 2011
Absolutely loved this CD. I still haven't listened to all the CDs in the set - I keep playing the first two over and over. There are songs in there from every musical you've ever heard of and it's great to singalong to in the car. Worth every penny.
on 6 November 2015
Bought as cheap copy for car, I was impressed, better quality than I expected for price, and placing of tracks well thought out, they appear to flow well, It isnt as originally planned going tobe permanently relegatyed to the car!
on 2 November 2013
Bought this as a Christmas present for someone, so haven't listened to it all myself but a great long list of musical hits from a cross section of shows. Appealed to me the most as such a range and at a great price.
on 21 November 2013
This has a great selection from many of the West End shows, some of which are well known and some lesser-known ones. I found this in the karaoke section but it does not have karaoke tracks on it.
on 27 April 2014
I purchased this for my mother on mothers day and she loves it. Almost every song was instantly recognisable and the fact that there as one hundred makes this impressive. Its worth every penny.
on 14 March 2013
This is ok but not fantastic. There appear to be a lot of "filler" songs which aren't that great.
Lots are though and as there are 100, there's bound to be some to suit everyone.