5.0 out of 5 stars Very fast and so easy!
The easiest back up i've ever done. USB arrived, plugged it in, softwear downloaded straight from USB, in seconds. When done pressed the 'backup' button on flash drive and watched all my files being backed up, in less than a minute!! And a little red light flashes to tell you it's working! Excellent product.
Published on 13 Sep 2012 by moomoos

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, but s l o w
Always had SanDisk USB sticks (from Amazon) over the years. Have gone from a 4 to 16 to now this 32GB.

Great capacity but write speed is sooooo slow. As an example 10GB will take you almost a full HOUR to write to this thing!

Also its too wide to fit in a USB port on my MacBook if I have a (standard sized) plug already in the other USB.
Published on 6 Mar 2011 by mAm

3.0 out of 5 stars OK, but s l o w, 6 Mar 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Very fast and so easy!, 13 Sep 2012

1.0 out of 5 stars Do Not Buy SanDisk 32GB Ultra Backup USB Flash Drive, 25 Nov 2009
I wanted a large capacity usb pen and especially wanted a fast one for school (admin etc) checked on the internet and this Sandisk 32GB Ultra was supposed to be one of the fastest -transfering read and write.
It is actually the SLOWEST pen drive I have used in years.
I have about 5 other pen drives (none particularly espensive ranging from 1-8GB. The Sandisk 32GB Ultra is so slow it is unusable even transferring 1.5 gigs of data, to copy larger amounts of data (about 4 gigs) I would have to leave it copying overnight. I have tried it out on at least 4 different computers.
It is so painfully slow it is unusable.
The backup facility is a joke.
I will return it (I think have left it too late to return as I tried it out on a number of machines) I am not worried about getting the money back it is just useless and I would like the company to be aware of that.
I would strongly advise people to steer clear of this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product!, 26 May 2012
P. Sleeman-Barker (Oxfordshire UK) - See all my reviews
Excellent storage potential from this 32G USB Flash Drive. Good Backup usable internal software, amazing valve for your money, from this top manufacturer Scandisk.

5.0 out of 5 stars sandisk flash drive backup, 1 Nov 2012
excellant flash drive to enable you to save precious material ,very easy to use. had 29 gb of material saved in about 60 mins .very good price much cheaper than shops.

5.0 out of 5 stars USB stick, 12 May 2013
This review is from: SanDisk SDCZ40-008G-U46 8 GB Ultra Back-Up USB 2.0 Flash Drive (Personal Computers)
I love it. My only regret Is that I didn't buy the 16GB. This has to be the best USB stick I've had. I love the backup feature. Highly recommed this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, works a treat., 22 April 2013
S. Riches - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Plug it in, press the button, and it does total back-up with no hassle. So easy, and I keep it to one side in case my laptop collapses or goes bananas in the knowledge that my photographs and documents are safely duplicated onto this.
That's OK for my current laptop, I just wish they did a similar item with a 5-times bigger capacity so i could lift and keep all the stuff still on the hard disk of my old laptop. Obviously I could get an external hard drive and do that, but the beauty of this beast is it's plug, press and copy function. No knowledge needed. Any idiot can use one. As I did. Steve Riches, Northampton, UK.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing Software, 29 Jan 2011
I wrestled with the software for a few days but couldn't persuade it to do what I wanted reliably. I gave up and deleted it to end my frustration after a few days so I might as well have bought an ordinary USB Flash Drive. The lack of instructions and help was a serious disadvantage. Someone looking for a challenge might like it more!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good pen drive for your data backup, 22 Dec 2009
A. Malek - See all my reviews
I bought it purely for backing up pictures and documents. Its backup software works very well and hardware encryption secures the data. The write speed is average but once you have done your first backup you only overwrite the files which were changed or copy new files. If you want a backup pen drive I can definitely recommend it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid if you don't like being led a merry dance, 13 Dec 2013
After several hours online looking at ways to enable the flash drive password, I discover by chatting with Sandisk staff that it has no password to use the flash drive so all your files are completely exposed. The vault which does have a password and where I stored my files which is not in the portable device but in my laptop... well it keeps telling me to format the flash drive every time I access it, which erases all the files... It gets worse, the files which were perfectly happy in the vault, I checked them, are now corrupted and unusable. The outrageous thing about that is the Sandisk message tells me it may be because they have been tampered with.... what on the password enabled vault... Oh and last but not least the vault which is stored in your ordinary files can be deleted by any Tom, Dick or Harry as you don't need a password to do it. 17.61 wasted and a lot of frustration, hey what's new...