5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect entry-level bass guitar
This is good value for money, with a solid guitar and adequate amp for a learner. It also comes with a simple but perfectly acceptable stand. Other accessories (strap and case) are very basic, but this does not detract from the good value of the overall package.
Published on 11 Nov. 2011 by S. Browning

1.0 out of 5 stars I was one of the unlucky ones
Published 11 months ago by Mr. J. L. Green

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect entry-level bass guitar, 11 Nov. 2011
S. Browning (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Encore EBP-E4VW Elec. Bass Guitar Outfit Vintage - White (Electronics)

4.0 out of 5 stars Not perfect out of the box, 26 Nov. 2013
Bill Old (Cardiff, Wales) - See all my reviews
I had to set the string action and adjust the neck tension rod to get this in to a playable condition. I note from other reviews that some buyers have returned the guitar as unusable because of the same problem. Luckily, I knew what the problem was and was confident in tackling it. I thought about getting this done professionally as it can require precision adjustments but was quoted anywhere between £25 and £40. I consider that an unnecessary expense as most other reviewers seemed to be able to play it out of the box.

I think this is an excellent budget instrument and you get what you pay for but I think it's a shame that it's another product where the customer is doing the quality control rather than the factory.

Anyway,I'm enjoying playing it so much I'm tempted to rate it five stars. But one off for the adjustments I had to make.

1.0 out of 5 stars I was one of the unlucky ones, 23 April 2014
First of all, I ordered white and they sent black. If everything else had of been OK, it would still have been returned for the correct colour. But the worst was yet to come. It was never set up at all. The strings were touching the frets so it could not play at all. I gently ran my fingers along the side of the arm and cut my finger where the fret ends had not been filed down in the factory. This was the worse guitar I have ever seen and I quickly returned it for a refund. If you get a good one, congratulations. I wasn't one of the lucky ones.