5.0 out of 5 stars Everything i was looking for!
Published on 4 May 2011 by Sakuga Daichi

3.0 out of 5 stars lighest guitar i've ever lifted
good quality, nice looking and very light weight bass guitar, my son likes it a lot. my only criticism is the body is too light for the neck and large headstock, meaning when playing whilst standing, it tries to headstockbutt the floor. this could be solved by adding weights to the back strap button, but it would be better if encore just balanced the weight better by...
Published on 30 July 2012 by Ian Twist

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything i was looking for!, 4 May 2011
This review is from: Encore E4SB Bass Guitar - Sunburst (Electronics)
First of all, i'm not really knowledgeable in anything about what guitars are good or anything like that and im completly new to all this but from a begginers point of view, i have to say that this is one hell of a package. it comes with everything you would need in terms of getting started, some spare strings, a booklet of some songs to play and an awesome DVD that you can watch multiple times until you have the basics down. the DVD is an in depth look at the basics and has examples of styles and play along sections, it shows you how to tune a bass, how to play a couple of songs, scales, chords etc. for anyone like me who wants a package to lay the groundwork for your intrest in music that is affordable i would definetly recomend this. i've only been playing a day and so far i know how to read tabs, play basic tunes and tune a bass.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value complete kit for beginners, 29 Nov. 2010
ailmar (Almeria Levante, Spain) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Encore E4SB Bass Guitar - Sunburst (Electronics)
Complete kit delivered in one neat box. Bought this for my husband's Christmas. It arrived today (with free delivery to Spain an added bonus) and in perfect condition. Full size Bass Guitar looks good with two pick ups and shiny body. Good sound too. Amplifier excellent for house practice and a useful earphone socket. I'm sure sny budding bass player would be very happy with this.

5.0 out of 5 stars A nice bass., 4 Jun. 2011
C. Palmer (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Encore E4SB Bass Guitar - Sunburst (Electronics)
I am really glad I purchased this bass, it is a solid, enjoyable instrument that I hope to get many many years out of. There is not much more I can say apart from if you're looking for a simple, enjoyable bass then I recommend this. I particulary liked that it comes with a stand - now it is presented proudly in my room whenever I'm not busy playing it. It also comes with a strap, pick for those who don't use their fingers, a case and dvd.
Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars I wish they had these back in 1976!, 26 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Encore E4SB Bass Guitar - Sunburst (Electronics)
I bought this on behalf of my father as a Christmas present for my 12-year-old son Thomas, who has just started showing an interest in my own instruments. I let Thomas choose which finish he wanted (a choice of black, white or sunburst) and when he opened the box on Christmas Day it did not disappoint.

The bass is generally nicely made and finished. The back of the maple(?) neck is satin-finished as is the custom these days, and the rosewood-ish fretboard is fitted with 20 well-finished frets and pearl dot markers. The headstock is a slightly plump version of the Fender original (presumably in order to prevent legal action) and carries the requisite "elephant-ear" machine heads, string tree and truss-rod adjustment access.

The body of the bass is made from fairly light wood - possibly basswood - and is neatly finished in a traditional 3-colour gloss sunburst. You can see where the body is contoured that it is solid wood rather than ply. There are a couple of tiny dents on the back, but these clearly occurred before the finish was applied. The hardware is fairly standard - a chrome bridge with four adjustable saddles, a black split-coil pickup, and a volume and tone control and output jack, all mounted on a 3-ply white scratchplate. The bass is fitted with round-wound strings, and a spare set is included, a nice and unexpected bonus.

The 10-watt mains-only amplifier is small and basic (with volume, bass, middle and treble controls), but provides ample volume and bass response for practice or jamming, and above all has a headphone socket!

The package includes a fitted soft case with a large pocket on the front, a cheap but adequate jack lead and strap, a clip-on chromatic digital tuner, a useful guitar stand and a plectrum, plus a "teach yourself" DVD. This is a fantastic outfit offering great value for money, and Thomas is thrilled with it.

So why do I wish that this set had existed in 1976? Because back then (when I was 15) something like this (if it even existed), would have saved me the time and effort of building my own (not very good) bass and amp from scratch! It'll be nice to have another bass player in the family...

5.0 out of 5 stars A great buy, 1 Jun. 2011
This review is from: Encore E4SB Bass Guitar - Sunburst (Electronics)
I purchased this product for my birthday; ordering it on the Saturday, with its arrival on the Tuesday. It came well packaged, undamaged and with a spare set of strings. As a drummer, I can't profess to have abundant knowledge of bass guitars, but it looks nice, sounds good and came quickly; which is exactly what I wanted. It was also quite cheap and the pack included everything one needs to begin playing. Thus, I can conclude that this product is indisputably worth buying for any individual who believes he might try himself out on the bass.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bass-ically best for value., 26 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Encore E4SB Bass Guitar - Sunburst (Electronics)
7 or so years ago, i started to play bass, then i stopped, recently i got the bug to play again, so i bought this kit, its unbelievable value for money, the amp is small but it has nuts the size of Godzilla ( so to speak ) the pack contains strung bass, extra set of strings, pick, leads, amp, stand, dvd, help guide, tuner and gig bag. you want to start playing bass? Buy this, and be on your way to stardom!

*instant results not guaranteed, requires willpower and dedication, actual results may vary.

4.0 out of 5 stars Encore EBP-E4SB Bass Guitar Outfit - Sunburst., 17 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Encore E4SB Bass Guitar - Sunburst (Electronics)
I bought this as a beginners kit having previously attempted to play an electric guitar and an acoustic guitar. I was unsuccessful with these guitars because of the size of my hands. The guitar is very nice and well made and I am progressing well playing it. The kit comes with everything to get going but the amp is very small and is ony really suitable for playing with headphones. I have now bought a Laney Richter RB2 30W Combo Amp and am very pleased with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Encore bass guitar plus many extras!, 12 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Encore E4SB Bass Guitar - Sunburst (Electronics)
As a new Bass guitar player I am bowled over with the quality, good value and the super quick delivery of this product. I have already played two gigs with it and am due to do another two this week. (I think bass guitarists must be in demand!) I hope to have many more hours and times of pleasure with it, both playing along to my favourite tracks at home (practise) and helping out bands locally!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money, 16 Aug. 2012
This review is from: Encore E4SB Bass Guitar - Sunburst (Electronics)
This is definitely a value for money product and a good buy as in my case it was for a person to start learning bass. All key basic things are provided especially the ery usefull tuner (and it works) and the stand for the guitar. The sound and dynamics of the bass are quite surprising given the price and more than adequate for a learning stage.
Only complain about packaging since as we took out the guitar one of the chord handles was bent and loose from its support requiring some pliers and handywork to get in back in place not damaged.

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 19 April 2012
This review is from: Encore E4SB Bass Guitar - Sunburst (Electronics)
The bass guitar is well made, stays in tune well and sounds really good through the amp provided. The amp has hardly been turned up at all and it quite loud. I can equalize the bass, middle and trebble to my personal taste of qualities, as well as adjusting the tone and volume on the bass itself.. The lead is basic but serves its purpose well. The size of the amp compared to my Roland cube is shockingly tiny, but size isn't everything. It still has volume and sound quality. The tuner was great. I read reviews on here where there were problems or substitutes with this item, but I must say I was impressed with mine. It tells me which string I'm tuning with its' number beside the note letter. Same for the ordinary guitar mode. It also has a chromatic setting which gives you the usual standard tuning info. This is better than one I bought seperately based on the reviews on here! So my advice is to wait and see what you get and if you can get along with it.

Stand is cheap and chearful but meets my needs. Slightly better than my Stagg guitar stand to be honest and that wasn't all that cheap!

Strap kept slipping on me and I couldn't keep the head up high enough to be comfortable. This may not be your experience though, so again wait until you test it out. It is basic though, so if you are wanting a better strap, it may be good to keep as a spare. It fits guitar hero PS3 guitar too, so my son replaced his gaming strap for a better one than that came with.

Would recomend to anyone.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›