on 12 October 2010
I purchased this for my niece as part of her 2nd birthday present, she was getting a little kitchen as her main present so I thought this would be a good addition! She absolutely loves it and three months down the line it is still the present she plays with most. The velcro tops on the cookies are great and she loves to hand them out (and then collect them back in again!). Really can't praise this highly enough.
on 9 June 2011
This was a present for my daughters 3rd Birthday, she has a big play kitchen and just loves role playing with it and these are without doubt her favourite addition to her new kitchen, they are played with everyday, very durable, extremely well made, fantastic colours, great for counting, she counts the bases and the icing tops so a great all rounder. Would thoroughly recommend, we have other Melissa and Doug Items and are very pleased with them all, they are items that will last for a long time despite being played with alot, not many times you can make that kind of comment these days.
on 9 January 2011
We have a big children's kitchen and loads of kitchen toys, but this is one of the absolute favorites. Our son loves everything about it -- the fact that it's biscuits, the way they stack into the tin, sticking them on the tray and pretending to bake and the icing that you can stick on top. The oven mitt and spatula and knife are a great touch. It probably helps that he sees me baking biscuits sometimes so he knows what that is. You might want to check the size of your kitchen's oven to make sure the tray fits, but it seems about right for most kids kitchens.
on 29 January 2011
wonderful wooden cookies my 4 year old loves to pretend to cook these delicious looking cookies and then top them with the velcro icing in different patterns.
on 7 December 2013
My daughter and her brothers love this baking set and so do I. I like the fact it is wood and so special among her other plastic food. It has lots of use from all 3 of my children. It is good quality and will last. The velcro means the icing sits on the biscuits and the biscuits sit on the tray but it is not too strong that they can't remove it themselves. The glove and wooden spatula and knife are lovely as is the tube to put them in although being cardboard this has got a little bent but once the lid is on it straightens itself out.
on 6 January 2012
Our almost 3 year old loves this set. It's colourful, durable, easy to clean, and lots of fun for dramatic play. Would absolutely recommend to others.
on 19 September 2012
I bought this for my daughter as an extra birthday present as she is really into 'play' food and making sure all her teddies have some! My daughter loves the cookies (not so bothered about the oven tray and all the other bits although she was somewhat confused by only one oven glove) but we've had good mileage out of it and it's still a favourite. The quality of the product is very good and it does look really lovely with nice packaging. It would make a great gift and I personally think it was good value for money.
on 6 January 2010
My daughter was desperate for a bakery this Christmas and so when I saw this on Amazon, I could not resist it.
It is great fun and seems very durable. Little one has managed to prepare cookies for people that visit and has also been able to practice cutting skills with the wooden knife which has been an added bonus as it is developing her hand eye co-ordination whilst feeling empowered by being able to use a knife without Mummy and Daddy saying "be careful" all of the time.
on 19 February 2016
I am a big fan of Melissa and Doug products they tend to be good quality and well made. This I bought after seeing it at a friends. It is brilliant. The oven glove my daughter adores and the biscuits Velcro-ing to the tray I love and hadn't realised they did until I saw them in the flesh.
I would say this is well worth the cost. There is lots of play value. They are wooden not flimsy. It is one of my daughters favourite play food and I fully recommend it to others.
on 20 February 2016
Haven't opened them yet as they are for my daughters birthday next week but they look fab can't wait for some yummy cookies 😋
review image review image