5.0 out of 5 stars Love it! Great workout for getting rid of your belly rolls.
Published on 4 Jun 2009 by K King

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for a beginner to fitness
The disc gives a simple, easy to understand overview of the programme and has a good menu that allows you to customise your workout. One complaint is that the music is a little intrusive and distracting and could have been edited better.
Published on 17 July 2009 by Ms. H. Sinton

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it! Great workout for getting rid of your belly rolls., 4 Jun 2009
K King "kathy8904" (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: 10 Minute Solution - Quick Tummy Toners [DVD] [2008] (DVD)
This is just as good as 10 minute solution Blast off belly fat - in fact if you alternate between the two DVDs you will get a great selection of easy to follow ab workouts. The instructor is very friendly and encouraging. I never knew there were so many different ways to work that flabby tummy but without doing endless boring crunches. Theres no doubt about it - you do have to work extremely hard, but you will feel the results afterwards when your tummy starts complaining! There are five ten minute sections: crunch-free abs, yoga abs, bikini belly, ab & waist definer and sexy,sporty abs. In fact, in the sexy sports section she tells you which individual sports would benefit from doing the particular exercise in question.

There are loads of new moves I've never done before, and there are modifications throughout so you can work at your own level. I felt my tummy was worked from all angles, particularly the obliques - plus I felt my back being strengthened. I feel more than qualified to say that this DVD is good - having had two 11lb children I know all about having a fat, stretched tummy with an overhanging belly roll. I know I will never have a lovely flat tummy like the instructor, but sticking to one or two programmes every day I feel and look better and I have improved my whole tummy area. The overhang has considerably reduced and all of my stomach muscles are toned. Little and often has worked for me!

4.0 out of 5 stars She must have been a cheerleader, 24 Jun 2009
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is the first workout DVD I've ever owned. After every Christmas, DVD sections are stacked with minor celeb workouts, and it all put me off. That and the, ya know, having to workout. But, as it happens, it's not so bad, even for a total novice.

The DVD is split into 5 sections:

Crunch-Free Abs - this involves aerobic stretches on a mat. The exercises start off simply, and each set has options to make it more strenuous for more intermediate exercisers

Yoga Abs - balance moves of a fairly intermediate level

Bikini Belly - this is aerobics of the up and at 'em kind. She teaches a couple of moves at a time, and strings them all together, ending up with 15 different moves, and it's definitely not for beginners. I got lost and tangled and just wanted to get a plate of chips. Even she was sweating by the end and, actually, with a bit of practise, this will be my favourite section as you can truly feel it working as you're working

Ab and Waist Definer - more aerobic stretching on a mat. These are more complicated than the Crunch-Free Abs moves and require a lot more balance and a higher level of fitness.

Sexy, Sporty Abs - done on a mat, a huge variety of crunches... who knew there were so many types?! This is the most advanced of all the sections, so if you're a beginner, too, it will take an awful lot of practise. (That's probably the point, really. Uff.)

The DVD gives you the option of doing them all in one 50-minute go (!!!), one at a time, or it allows you to programme which ones you want to do and which order... I'm not sure if that's standard practise for workout videos but it was a brilliant touch, as it keeps it interesting and, presumably, works different muscles in different ways.

There are one or 2 issues, I have to admit. The music is just appalling. Really, really awful. The very worst tuneless dance muzak I've ever heard. The instructor - Jessica Smith - tends to say things like "Awesome job!" and "Uh huh. Uh huhhhh. Way to work it!" accompanied by a rather strained smile... slightly alarming it was, really. And, finally, they've been rather too liberal with the extended shots of her perfect tummy and *perfect* bum while gyrating and/or stretching. I expect they're put in there to encourage us ("See? Here's what you could look like!") but it made me want to lie down somewhere quiet with a scowl and a piece of cake.

But it's not her fault she's perfect... and she's clearly worked hard at it. Further, she's clearly passionate about it and enjoys it. You wouldn't want to have a pint down yer local with her, but she is an excellent teacher. And, most importantly, the workouts are genuinely good, and something you can grow into and actually use to measure your progress. So, all in all, tis bally marvellous.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great ab dvd from 10 minute solution, 3 July 2009
Stephen Luff "Stephen L" (Worthing, Sussex United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is the fourth 10 minute solution dvd I own. I agree also that is a great addition to the blast off belly fat dvd.
As a guy I was looking for a dvd to work off and tighten my midsection. I was drawn to the idea of the 10 minute workouts.
Variation on working your abs is again the theme on this dvd.
I would say to those who have never bought the 10 minute solution series before, don't assume the 10 minutes is going to be easy. They are not. I consider myself reasonably fit and I found these routines do work you. They are not for totally unfit beginners. However, having said that one can build up to the full repetitions on the routines.
I would agree that the producers of these dvds seem to insist the Instructors smile frequently. Its unnatural. I found the lady on the 10 Minute Solution - Blast Off Belly Fat [DVD] handled this the most gracefully so far on the 4 I've bought.
So if you want some really different ab workouts try this one out.
Although I don't do the routines at home I've taken bits out of the routines and built them into my gym workout. I find it easy to work out at the gym. The great thing is that there is so much variation especially if you get some of the others.
As far as I'm concerned abs are abs whether on a guy or a lady. So some of you men out there try these dvds out they're great.

Creator of the Beginner Tai Chi {DVD}

5.0 out of 5 stars highly recommended (by a fitness dvd lover), 25 Jun 2009
AyJay (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I ordered this for a friend who has 2 young children as well as a job, so therefore can't fit gym visits into her schedule. Therefore she has a depressing (to me anyway) number of keep-fit DVDs.
However, she says QUICK TUMMY TONERS beats them all...

What makes QUICK TUMMY TONERS different from the many over fitness DVDs on the market is that there are 5 different work out sections (crunch-free abs, yoga abs, bikini belly, ab & waist definer and sexy, sporty abs), each one coming in at 10 minutes. So if she only has 10 minutes to spare she can pick a section, or if she happens to have longer 2 sections etc...
It keeps it fresh and interesting, because she can pick which sections to do and which order she'd like to do them in. My friend personally recommends the YOGA ABS to start as the basic moves you learn are great for warming up. She also says that the sections are in order of beginner to the more challenging.

The final reason for the 5 star rating is the instructor. She's cheery and remains upbeat throughout the DVD, which gives the follower at home more confidence and the desire to push themselves.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tubby to toned in days., 3 July 2009
Flickering Ember "I need a break and I wanna ... (Once Upon A Long Ago.) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Having already tried and reviewed another DVD in this series; Hot Body Boot Camp, I was eager to try this offering as my belly is the one area I have, until now, failed to tame or tone.

I won't lie, some of the more energetic exercises are not for the faint of heart or body, and they do make you ache, but they also work. I lost 2 inches off my belly in 3 weeks so far, through doing 2 10 minute sessions per day. I guess it depends how much time you want to put in, but it's certainly worth it for me.

There are some more gentle exercises to get you acclimatised to exercising, and these are great for beginners because if I was thrown head-first into the harder stuff, I'd be put off, whereas this way, I wasn't.

There are many other DVDs in this series, so if you have any other problem areas, or want a general fitness overhaul, then I suggest you give them a try.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wobbly bits begone!, 20 Sep 2011
This review is from: 10 Minute Solution - Quick Tummy Toners [DVD] [2008] (DVD)
This is a brilliant DVD for toning your tum! I hate working my abs and find sit ups not only boring but ineffective, after one ten minute session i could feel that my abs had been worked and were engaged. It has really made a difference, i feel that in conjunction with eating senisbly and regularly getting Cardiovascular exercise this dvd has really helped to define my abs! Best money spent in a long time!

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for a beginner to fitness, 17 July 2009
Ms. H. Sinton "dragondrums" (Ingleby Barwick. U.K.) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The title of this DVD is accurate as in the excercises are short and will help tone the abdomen however I would question their suitability for a complete newcomer to excercise. Certainly to do 'Crunch Free Abs' you would a good level of fitness and for the 'Yoga Abs' a background in yoga is needed. My daughter (a student physiotherapist who regularly does pilates) complained she had to watch the clip several times to understand the position used as the instructor rushed through the description so quickly and the instructions were hard to follow.
For those knowledgeable about 'core' excercises and how to perform them, this could be a useful buy. The fact the excercises are so short means even the busiest person could fit one or two into their day. For the beginner however, it is important that excercises are performed correctly to prevent injury and this disc does not provide enough detail to show a beginner what to do.

5.0 out of 5 stars 10 minutes is all it takes, 23 Aug 2011
This review is from: 10 Minute Solution - Quick Tummy Toners [DVD] [2008] (DVD)
already have one of other 10 minute workout dvd's which i have lost an inch a week off my stomach with combined calorie controlled diet. This one bit more difficult but really good but not seen any effects as yet from it but only used it 3 times so far. i would really recommend them still though as i am living proof of losing 4 inches off my stomach so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars recommended!, 17 April 2011
This review is from: 10 Minute Solution - Quick Tummy Toners [DVD] [2008] (DVD)
It is hard for beginners however it is easy to follow instructions. After a week you will definetely see the difference.
I do whole work outs once a week. Rest of the week, I use other DVD's of 10 minute solution.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not suitable for the out of shape or complete beginner, 21 Sep 2009
Elizabeth Taylor (France) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
If you have never seen a 10 Minute Solution first let me explain the concept which that we all have 10 minutes in a day to set aside for ourselves. Whilst that's true based on my experience it takes more than 10 minutes even if you aim for once a day, you first need to set aside the time, have the right clothes, be in the right frame of mind, turn on the DVD player/TV, and, then put everything away - so effectively its more like 30 minutes which is a longer slot of most people's day. I have other DVDs in this series and I felt this one was the least successful for me because as a beginner the sections are not progressive and assume a certain level so I lost enthusiasm. There are 5 separate 10 minute sections ordered in bad to good from my perspective; Yoga Abs (I didn't like this section, the movements are complex and without a teacher I think it would be easy to not effectively hold the position and therefore be much less effective); Bikini Belly (a cardio section which I didn't feel was suited to the 10 minute principle, not sure in a living room most people can hop around that much); Sexy Sporty Abs (some useful parts but too much head/neck crunching and some too difficult moves); Ab and Waist Definer (found this one useful with lots of twisting movements) and lastly Crunch Free Abs (this was the most useful as it was relatively easy to follow and did not involve any neck crunching). Other points, the music is annoying and there is noway of turning it down or off, the instructor is enthusiastic and encouraging. However, despite all the positives for someone who is starting from almost zero I could only effectively use two of the sections, it did give me the idea of going to stretching classes and I believe if I stick to them I think this DVD could be useful as a complementary tool however I am not sure it works as a standalone suite.

10 Minute Solution - Quick Tummy Toners [DVD] [2008]