5.0 out of 5 stars Sharpest film ever, 4 Aug 2011
This review is from: Kodak Professional Ektar 100-120 8314098 Colour Negative Films Pack of 5 (Electronics)
Until Kodak Ektar came along,the only way to guarantee a pin sharp print was to use a slide film such as Velvia.That has now all changed.I have been using Ektar for a few months now,home processed in Tetenal and scanned on a Epson V700.I test sharpness by photographing a complete O.S. map using a 6*7 format camera (in fact, a Bronica GS-1).I allow the V700 to use medium high input sharpening and examine the image in Photoshop.Scanning at 2400 dpi enables me to read every printed detail on the map( yes, I do use a tripod but do not bother about mirror lock-up). I also have some contrasty real world images taken at a nearby National Trust property.These scan beautifully and show good detail in the shadows(with minimal noise) without blowing the highlights.Exposure latitude is also excellent-I use only a average reading meter which is separate from the camera and most of my shots are pretty well spot on. If you haven't tried it yet,you will be pleasantly surprised when you do.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good fine grain film, though better suited to certain subjects, 16 Jun 2014
Mr Baz - See all my reviews
(#1 REVIEWER)    (No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)
I've shot quite a bit of this film over the years, just to see how I got along with it in numerous conditions.
My conclusion is that it's a good film for landscape work (if you like the tonality) it also does a nice job for subjects where a primary colour is important in the composition (abstract photography or possibly product shots)

I don't feel it's a good choice for portrait work (nor was it ever touted as such) the saturation is higher and not ideal for skin-tone reproduction (bar possibly some fashion work)

Details and resolution are excellent with a very fine grain and good dynamic range. I've scanned the film with a good Plustek scanner over a number of years and it never fails to impress in terms of sharpness and resolution. The colours do show a marked increase in saturation esp the greens (in a way that is quite different to velvia) reds are unusual in their representation they are not super bright like many digital cameras, but more of a maroon tint to them and a deeper contrast.

It's quite an unusual film in the look, very much unlike other negative films I have tried in the past, it's also somewhat different to the original Ektar from years past (which was available in a lower ISO rating than this) As with all negative film, over exposure tightens the grain up, latitude is good for a negative emulsion and it can be pushed a few stops if required (at the expense of shadows)

Ektar does scan well and if you like the colours and tones it's a high resolution film which you might like. For normal day to day shooting I would still suggest something a bit more neutral in tone. Worth trying though

5.0 out of 5 stars Great all round film., 14 April 2013
Kodak's latest and possibly last colour negative films this and Portra are a real class act. Very fine grain and good resolution together with huge dynamic range with competent technique and good scanning they are capable in MF of giving high quality enlargements of up to 36 inches. Smooth tonality and laid back colour which can be adjusted to taste are plus points. So find a reliable lab, scan on a good quality scanner (Epson 700 or better) and top quality is assured.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing stuff, 13 Sep 2013
Such fine grain and beautiful colours. You will be surprised how much detail this film records. The grain is almost invisible. Long live film!

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this film - it is brilliant, 31 Dec 2012
Dr. G. Austin "Graham Austin" (Black Country UK) - See all my reviews
This film is great. I use it nearly all the time - unless I need a bit more film speed on dull winter days. I just hope it continues to be manufactured when Kodak sell off their manufacturing division.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ektar 100, 23 July 2012
M. D. Norton (UK) - See all my reviews
Fantastic film that I've used on numerous times...Will be running this through my trusty Bronica ETRSI this weekend. This film has a fantastic tonality and if you're into processing your own film can yield great results without sending away to a lab.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 5 Jan 2014
I am very happy with this purchase, thank you. If I need more film in the future I will definitely be back

5.0 out of 5 stars I love the Ektar!, 28 July 2012
A. Hidalgo (Roma, Italia) - See all my reviews
I simply love the Ektar film, since the first time I've tried it. Just buy a pack and give it a try, you wont regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 24 Sep 2014
As described, shame my camera broke and I haven't had a chance to use them :(

5.0 out of 5 stars not a lot to say, 2 Mar 2013
apart from the fact that this is quality film at a decent price.
my lubitel and diana lap this stuff up...my wallet wishes they'd go easy.