on 28 October 2007
Like HSM, HSM2 is full of catchy songs that you can't help but sing along to. If you've seen the movie also, listening to the songs just makes you remember what happened in it, as each song pretty much narates what was going on at the time. The second movie and album created just as much hype as the first one and this is well deserved. The first HSM was new, and that's probably why I would rate it thigher, and its songs, but that doesn't negate the fact that this is still a top album for any fans, or those who still haven't converted. A personal favourite is 'what time is it?" which is probably the main song of the film, and can't help but get you in the mood for the rest of the songs.

So to sum up this is a must album for any fans. You can't not like the album, as the cheese and happiness of all the lyrics and beats is what makes it what it is!

HSM2 continues to amaze!
on 30 August 2007
This album became the soundtrack of our summer holidays. I just put it on and everyone in the car was quiet or happily singing/humming along. The songs took a few plays to grow on the adults but kids(10yrs, 5yrs and 2yrs) loved it from the beginning. As an adult I could point out some flaws but it delivers to its audience and all of us are looking forward to sitting down to watch the new movie when it airs on disneyuk.
on 5 August 2010
Brought for 2 kids about to do this at a drama week. For parents it beats having to watch the DVD over and over again for them to learn the song! The last track is still as excrutiating on CD as it is in the movie (tho' bless you escape the visuals). Kids happy with the CD! What more can I say. Excellent service from Amazon as ever prompt delivery and product in pristine condition. Thanks
on 29 July 2013
I have been looking all over for this at a decent price all over and finally settled for buying it on here.
Having waited since 2007 to have these songs on my iPod, I am so excited and happy to finally own this.
Absolutely perfect for any 15 year old missing the days of High School Musical.
on 3 January 2014
This was sent with High School Musical Original Soundtrack as my 7 year old granddaughter requested it for Christmas. She told me that these 2 soundtracks were her favourite gifts. They arrived on time and the seller is tip top for customer service.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
When I discovered High School Musical last summer, I'll admit I fell for it completely. Within a couple weeks of first seeing it, I had the movie and the soundtrack. I wasn't going to let the sequel pass me by, so I bought the soundtrack even before I saw the movie. It took quite a few listens, but I am enjoying it.

The first thing I noticed is Troy's voice. If you don't believe that Zac Efron had help with the singing in the first movie, you'll believe it now. Troy sounds so different since Zac did his own singing this time around. Not saying he sound bad. In fact, that guys got a nice set of lungs. But it is obvious that it's not the same singer as the first movie.

All that aside, the cast does a great job. And the music is fine. It's mostly teen pop, which is why it took me a little while to get into it. It's overproduced at times, but certainly listenable.

The soundtrack starts and ends with two group songs, "What Time is it" and "All for One." Easily my favorite track is the Chad/Ryan song "I Don't Dance." Troy and Gabriella get a couple nice ballad duets. I especially like "You are the Music in Me," although the Sharpay version doesn't do much for me.

And that brings up my biggest complaint with the soundtrack - Sharpay. I get what "Fabulous" is supposed to do, but I really don't like the song. I feel like slapping Sharpay by the time it's over. Nothing against Ashley Tisdale, it's the song and character I can't stand. The only song she does I like is the bonus track. I would have loved to see that song in the movie.

Even though it doesn't quite measure up to the first movie's soundtrack, there are some fun songs here that will have me pulling the disc out to listen to again.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 April 2011
i have never seen the movie but even i have to admit this album is the business, very cheesey but who cares. if you want total cheese then you cant get any better than this
on 20 February 2009
As usual High School Musical is just fantastic. My two young children plus myself think HSM is brilliant, so it's great to have the music to play in the car.
on 25 September 2007
God bless High School Musical and all it's merchandise. The CD's, DVD's, interactive board games etc, making life as a parent that much easier. The songs on this album are every bit as good as the last, so it's not just a case of tolerating it for the kids sake, it has plenty to recommend as a guilty pleasure for adults too.
on 6 November 2007
My daughter has taken over my car with this CD. its all we listen to at home, car, garden etc.
I cant wait to watch the HSM on ice .