5.0 out of 5 stars A must for Little Mermaid fans everywhere, 21 April 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: The Little Mermaid (Audio CD)
This soundtrack is not now available other than through import. Contains all the movies classic songs; Under The Sea, Part Of Your World, Poor Unfortunate Souls and others all beautifully sung, just as in the film. As well as all the well known music. This is an essential for anyone wanting to relive the film, again and again. I especially recomend it for children, but adult fans will love it too.

4.0 out of 5 stars superb!, 6 Oct 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Little Mermaid (Audio CD)
If you like Disney movies The Little Mermaid is my personal favourite. The music is full of fun and happiness and singing. The second half is filled with orchestral music so it's great for young and old alike. If you are ever in a bad mood this CD is guaranteed to bring a smile to your face!
Bernadette Compton

5.0 out of 5 stars The Little Mermaid original soundtrack, 3 July 2009
Mrs. Julia Martin "Jules" (Bristol. UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Little Mermaid (Audio CD)
I love this CD, every song, and I was so glad to find on Amazon (via another seller), as I had lost my original cassette of this, and I couldn't find it with Peter Andre singing "kiss the girl" and the bonus song Mysterious Girl. Fantastic CD, my favourite film!

5.0 out of 5 stars exactly what I expected, 6 May 2009
I spent a long time looking in shops for this CD and it is nowhere to be found, not even in the Disney stores. It has all the songs and the classical interludes in the film and has changed car journeys with my daughter from stressful to fun. At two, she adores the film, reliving it with the CD, and on many an occasion I have found myself singing along on the way to work, long after I have dropped her off at nursery! As for CD2, it isn't of much use to us, as she is so young, but if she were into the older Disney characters I can see that this would have been a real find!

5.0 out of 5 stars More than worth the money, 15 Jun 2007
I ordered this recording the other week. Disney is known for its award-winning soundtracks anyway (or it used to be until the 90s), but the soundtrack for The Little Mermaid has to be their best work. It's Alan Menken at his best.

Jodi Benson is absolutely gorgeous as Ariel. The most memorable songs have to be 'Part of Your World', 'Part of Your World Reprise' and 'Under the Sea'.

This may be obvious to some people, but the songs on this soundtrack are meant to stand by themselves, i.e. certain dialogues that are part of the songs in the movie may be missing here.

CD 1 definitely gets 5 stars from me!

As for CD 2, this one mainly features cover versions. Generally, I think there can't be enough cover versions of good songs. These ones, however, are more than inferior to the original versions and I don't think they spent a lot of time producing these versions in the studio. In other words, I don't recommend them. Still, they're a nice thing to have I suppose. Never complain about bonus material!

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 7 July 2014
S. Mooney - See all my reviews
Great soundtrack. The second disc is not that great, the first one is where all the magic is.

5.0 out of 5 stars Be compelled by the movie and moved by the songs, 30 Dec 2013
This review is from: The Little Mermaid: Special Edition (MP3 Download)
I am particular about musicals, sometimes it breaking into song can interfere with the plot of a movie. But 'The little Mermaid' and disney in general are an exception. The vocals from the characters gives us an in depth glance at our characters dreams and desires; from hope to Ariels love of our world to Ursula's sinister plot towards our protagonist. But the orchestral music is just as alluring. It creates an atmosphere and setting to each scene it presence, right from the beginning the music leaves us with a sense of awe at the mystical world under the sea unfolding before our eyes.

No words can illustrate the wonderment you are left with, this music has inspired me throughout my life and hopefully would do the same for you

5.0 out of 5 stars Not So Little To Me, 10 Dec 2012
Tom "TomTom" (Alton, Hampshire, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
The Little Mermaid has always been one of my top favourites, it's funny, charming, dramatic and simply amazing. I've always especially enjoyed the music, it would be a completely different film if the music didn't set the tone throughout.

4.0 out of 5 stars First disc: gold. Second disc:not., 9 July 2011
This is another classic Disney soundtrack. Since the original single-disc release is only available now for import at a much higher price, this release is preferable. Be warned, though, the first disc is identical in content to the earlier release, no additional material, not even a token remastering. It's still an excellent buy, and a must for fans of Disney musicals. Although the first disc is truly magnificent, I have knocked a star off the rating thanks to the terrible covers on the second disc. They're all done by artists who appeal to tweens and only tweens, anyone who has experienced puberty can see them for the obnoxious manufactured puppets they are. Hell, Miley Cyrus did a decent cover of Part of Your World (and that's about the only positive thing I can say about her), and of course that cover is absent. However, I cannot recommend this set any higher, it's a beautiful score punctuated by great songs, and for such a low price it's a surprise Disney were nice enough to include an excellent frisbee as an extra little gift.