5.0 out of 5 stars remasterised for little ears: fabulous

Published 20 months ago by the colour blue

› See more 3 star, 2 star, 1 star reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars remasterised for little ears: fabulous, 28 May 2009
This review is from: Baby Mozart (Audio CD)
I'm a big fan of classical music, so I was quite happy to tune in to Classic FM during my pregnancy as it is supposed to help our precious babies' brain development, but once born, she did not seem too impressed with the music until friends recommended this CD, now 4 months old, it works wonders, she happily lies down for some quiet time listening to the classics which have been remasterised with instruments and pitches much friendlier for her little ears. I strongly recommend it, going to try the lullabies and travelling melodies next.

4.0 out of 5 stars mad about mozart, 1 Aug. 2008
This review is from: Baby Mozart (Audio CD)
I hated this at first, it is totally pared down mozart- and played it only on headphones to the foetus. Now he is born, we both absolutely love it and often it soothes me more than baby!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely listenable, 3 July 2009
This review is from: Baby Mozart (Audio CD)
We were given this CD for my son when he was 2 days old. We played it ALOT for the first few weeks, as it seemed to help calm him down. Now we have it in the car, and listen to it several times on a journey (CD is about 20 or so minutes long, I think). And my husband and I love it too, it's jolly and upbeat. I like the tinkling funny little noises made by the instruments! I like it so much (and other Baby Einstein products) that I've just bought the Baby Bach CD - looking forward to hearing it tonight.

5.0 out of 5 stars great++, 6 Dec. 2010
This review is from: Baby Einstein: Baby Mozart (MP3 Download)
Highly recommended, also track 9 has been studied and has shown to reduce epilepsy in young children. My lo really relaxes to this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, even for older children, 31 Aug. 2008
This review is from: Baby Mozart (Audio CD)
This was bought for my second child, who is now 2, but my 5 year old found it in the cd rack and wanted to listen to it, she loves it and insits on putting it on every night, she says it helps her to go to sleep! (and it does, I don't think she has even listened to the last few tracks as she is asleep before the end) Looking to buy some more now!

4.0 out of 5 stars Calming Mozart, 20 Nov. 2012
Andrew Roberts (Hertfordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Baby Mozart (Audio CD)
Obviously, this is no Karl Bohm interpretation, but rather a simplified version of various compositions with clear melodies for a young baby to listen to without being overwhelmed. It's difficult to say with any certainty that my newborn actually "likes" this CD, but needless to say my wife and I play this at least twice a day and there have been plenty of instances where he soon drops off once it's on. (Or maybe he's bored - either way he's asleep so it's a big win from my perspective!!)

I've recommended to my NCT group and one of the other families has had a similar response from their baby who often finds it's soothing enough to drift off to sleep within minutes of playing. Your milage may vary but it's a brilliant little CD, not too expensive, and parents and children alike can enjoy the tunes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sanity restored, 3 Nov. 2009
This review is from: Baby Mozart (Audio CD)
I bought this for my then 3 week old baby and would highly recommend it. He can listen to it for hours and hours, dancing and smiling. It's been a real lifesaver when we've needed to calm him down. He's now 10 weeks, incredibly relaxed, and still loves to listen to this. It's also the type of music which doesn't drive you completely mad even if you have it on a permanent loop! (unlike nursery rhymes...)

1.0 out of 5 stars A disappointment, 28 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Baby Mozart (Audio CD)
I didn't like this product at all. As an adult I find the arrangements really annoying (lots of xylophones etc.)and would have much preferred the authentic orchestral instruments. I bought the cd for my new-born grandchild, having read good things about the effects of listening to classical music, especially that by Mozart, on young children in terms of brain development. I'm pretty sure though that the researchers didn't use such simplified arrangements and basic instruments in their work and therefore wonder if it isn't missing the point by dumbing down in this way. I wonder why we assume that the compositions as they were intended are not pleasing to young ears. Baby Einstein?? Perhaps not.

2.0 out of 5 stars Little time, 4 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Baby Mozart (Audio CD)
It lasts only 30 min. It should last more, to have bigger songs, more duration. Except that it was fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love listening to this with my baby, 18 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Baby Mozart (Audio CD)
I love listening to this with my baby, it is great to put on in the background while we play instead of the TV or Radio. The sounds are really relaxing for both of us to listen to and she really seems to enjoy it. I think it is fantastic value for money and will be purchasing more in the range so we can have a bit of variety as it is only 30 mins of music in total.

Baby Einstein: Baby Mozart