5.0 out of 5 stars Silent assassins
The only bike I've got is a 26" hardtail, so I have to swap tires every so often - you know, mean ones for off-road, these (semi?) slicks for commutes and general road riding, and there's always a chance to compare.

Published 23 months ago by Paul

1.0 out of 5 stars So bad, it's hard to believe it.
I've had these tires on the bike for less then 6 months and the rubber is so badly cracked, I'll have to replace them. The unbranded tires I had before lasted years. Unbelievably poor quality. This was my first and last purchase of Schwalbe tires.
Published 8 months ago by Chris

5.0 out of 5 stars Silent assassins, 1 May 2013
Paul (Leeds, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Schwalbe Road cruiser, Standard Tyre (Sports)

Well. I'm doing 100 miles a week on average, some times more, rarely less. I couldn't believe the difference these make - 15% increase in speed, absolute silence when I'm riding, not a single puncture where Maxxis Ignitor, supposedly a nukeproof affair, were getting one after another, and even on a 5-mile stretch of the Pennine Bridleway they handled dry moorland and rocky downhill ride unbelievably well. So, despite the smooth profile they're not that bad for an all-rounder.

Now, you gotta be careful with the disc brakes, though. Just today, an old rag pulled out of the junction on me, I hit the brakes and went into a skid and flying sideways. OK, that's her driving and my breaking rather than the tires, but in comparison to the nobbier ones they skid so easily, you'd better forget about the rear brake.

Other than that, a great tire.

5.0 out of 5 stars So much better!, 18 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Schwalbe Road cruiser, Standard Tyre (Sports)
I replaced the original knobbly tyres that came as standard on my Raleigh mountain bike with these Schwalbe Road Cruisers. I found that I was riding mostly on roads and cycle paths and wanted to see if my performance improved. The tyres arrived quickly and well packaged and I eagerly fitted them using my existing inner tubes.

What a difference! I have cut 10 minutes off my usual time for a 10 mile outing, and my average speed has increased by at least 2 mph. Not only that but climbing hills and cycling in general just feels easier and takes less effort.

In summary; I couldn't be happier with these tyres and am so glad I decided to give them a try.

If you are looking for a quick and cheap way to improve then you won't regret buying Schwalbe Road Cruisers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good tyre, 5 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Schwalbe Road cruiser, Standard Tyre (Sports)
Good tyres replaced a set of 1.5 Schwalbe City Jets with these and a marked improvement in comfort and 300 miles and no punctures. Not as fast as the City Jet but then I am not repairing a puncture once or twice a week

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 15 Nov. 2014
A. Talbot (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Schwalbe Road cruiser, Standard Tyre (Sports)
My City Jets needed replacing after 5 years so I decided to go with these and to be honest these are much better. more cushioning, better grip, nicer when cornering and at least as good in terms of rolling resistance. I would actually say these roll easier than the city jets. Very pleased with them and would buy again.

5.0 out of 5 stars what a difference, 2 May 2013
This review is from: Schwalbe Road cruiser, Standard Tyre (Sports)
Great price, nearly half the price Halfords were charging for the same tyre!!!!

Would recommend these tyres as a alternative to the normal MTB tyre if your usual routes are more road/track then proper off road.You will notice the difference especially on steep climbs

4.0 out of 5 stars Good tyre but not full proof, 6 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Schwalbe Road cruiser, Standard Tyre (Sports)
Good fit and good rolling resistance. I cycle about 30miles a day Mon - Fri and was getting punctures every week though Nov. I bought and fitted these in December and had my first two punctures only last week (took out two thorns that were hard as bloody steel). Very good protection but not full proof.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a Difference!! I love `em!, 12 May 2013
This review is from: Schwalbe Road cruiser, Standard Tyre (Sports)
After looking for a while i decided on these tyres because they looked good and were a reasonable price too.
They arrived within 3 days and i couldn`t wait to get em on. They are very easy to put on and it took me about 15 minutes to replace both tyres.
Despite the downpour going on outside i took the bike out for a test run.....what a difference!My bike was an absolute joy to ride. I gained so much more speed than i had before and without feeling like i was on a treadmill!
The grip is fantastic and i slammed on in the wet a number of times with no skid.
There is no annoying noise from them unlike my chunkies i had before.
These are a perfect balance of grip,speed and less energy expended getting from A to B.....and no punctures yet.
A good investment :-))

5.0 out of 5 stars Great tyres, so much easier to ride with these ..., 5 July 2014
This review is from: Schwalbe Road cruiser, Standard Tyre (Sports)
Great tyres, so much easier to ride with these for road use, faster too, easier than the chunky tyres I had which really were for off road, I would recommend these tyres, so much so I thought of entering the Tour de France, late entries not allowed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good tyres shame about the packaging, 18 May 2014
This review is from: Schwalbe Road cruiser, Standard Tyre (Sports)
Good tyres as others have said, so much better on-road compared with knobbly mountain bike tyres. The 5 stars are for Schwalbe's tyres and the good price.

But the packaging! Two tyres in huge, inappropriate boxes 1130x250x250 cm, one for EACH bicycle tyre. The tyres had been deformed to fit each box and the tyre wire bead was bent which had to be gently unbent on unpacking. They could have fitted BOTH tyres in a single box 670x670x110 (one-seventh of the size of the 2 boxes) without bending them or damaging them. Fortunately these are tyres to take tubes so the bead is not critical - as it would be if they had been tubeless.....

5.0 out of 5 stars great buy, 28 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Schwalbe Road cruiser, Standard Tyre (Sports)
I bought these tyres about 3 months ago to replace my off-road tyres as I use the bike on the road more often than not. Easy to fit, took about 10 mins, though I did put them on the wrong way round first time as it was nort clear for me there was a particular direction they should go. Pumped up they are allot faster and less effort than my old set, grip not quite as good when you hit the mud, though I havnt had any accidents. Also in this time winter months i have had no punctures, I could justy be lucky, but think it is due to the tougher tyres. I reccomend these to antone who cares to ask