5.0 out of 5 stars Very good book for T-SQL
I have three books on SQL Server 2008. All three are good ones. But this book caught me and I continued to use it to learn new things in SQL Server 2008 and refresh old T-Sql features. This book is well organised (good breakup of chapters), with good examples and the explanation is clear and in detail.

As for the new features, it explain them well and within a...
Published on 15 July 2009 by Mr. N. Aziz

3.0 out of 5 stars Not sure who it is aimed at
Published 9 months ago by Patrick

3.0 out of 5 stars Not sure who it is aimed at, 18 Oct 2013
This dives right into some involved aspects of T-SQL. I am a professional software developer, and I normally find books to be too basic if anything, but even so, I found this book didn't really give me the base path into writing T-SQL that I was looking for. Bought 'Beginning SQL Queries: From Novice to Professional', and found this to be much better. I have kept this book though. It might become useful as my knowledge grows.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good book for T-SQL, 15 July 2009
Mr. N. Aziz (Karachi, Pakistan) - See all my reviews

As for the new features, it explain them well and within a day or two you know all the new features of T-SQL in the 2008 version. I got many concepts cleared beacause of good examples and text.

I think this book is very valuable for the seasoned SQL Server 2008 developer like me. Covers most of the stuff. Must have for both the newbies and experienced developers.