Showing 1-2 of 2 reviews(1 star)show all reviews
on 16 December 2009
The DMP-BD60 has a HDMI handshake issue when connecting through other HDMI devices eg amp or HDMI Splitters. Denon 4306 / or OCTAVA splitter.

If you are connecting direct to a TV you will probably be OK

This was confirmed by another reviewer on the US Amazon site - unfortunately after I'd purchased. The product was returned.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
on 11 November 2009
I don't have this machine, but it WAS on my shortlist. I check on line reviews + Amazon user reviews first. Glad I did.
I don't doubt that at it's heart this player is superb, but one 2 star reviewer slated it for usability. After reading this I downloaded the user manual and what he says is true "...By far, the worse failing of all, and it is a totally unfathomable one, is it's inability to remember where it was on a Blu-ray disk when play was stopped....".
It states this clearly in the manual as follows:
"Resume play function....: On BD-Video discs including BD-J (' 42), the resume
play function does not work."
This is the striping out of an essential feature, and is simply not acceptable. Who wants to leave a player in pause mode for hours or days to watch the second half of a film?
The player is so complex and has so many features that essential often used functions are buried in menus and sub menus and sub-sub menus rather than having a dedicated RC button (e.g. subtitles), and in the case of resume function effectively removed alogether.
Just give me a simple to use player that plays every disc I insert quickly and without fuss. Give me a brillliant picture and scrap all this all this network nonsense...most of us have computers don't we? and even if we want to use it, isn't it arrogant of Panasonic to assume the router will be next to the player? Wireless is the ONLY way to go for a feature like this.

I also have to say that it would have replaced a Pioneer DVD player which has faultless resume feature and also has SACD and DVD-Audio playback, and this super complex Panasonic player is actually missing these features.. Nuts!
The Panasonic marketing peaople who defined the specifications should be admonished for this abject failure.
How to wreck a great machine..indeed!
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again