Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.99

on 14 May 2010
I love this cd, can't stop playing it. Iona Leigh sounds like early Joni Mitchell, her lyrics are nearly all about fishing families in times past, evoking feelings of romance with a spirit of hope. Other songs are upbeat folk.
on 3 April 2009
Iona has a voice that will carry you away into the land of dreams. Her new album combines that voice with a crack team of musicians to leave us with a fantastic contemporary folk CD which draws on the deep well of traditional Scottish and Irish music. A must-buy album from a startling new talent.
on 5 April 2009
Since I first heard the song "Peaches in the summertime" from this album I was hooked. The rest of the tracks didn't dissapoint at all, and now I can't stop listening to the album. Thank you Iona!
I shall keep my rather trenchant opinions about the Findhorn Foundation to myself and concentrate, instead, on this rather delightful folk album from Australian born, Findhorn raised, Iona Leigh. And delightful is very much the word I would use to describe her reworking of tunes of yore.

At least half the dozen tracks on offer are songs you will return to after hearing them with her interpretation of `Shady Grove', here done as `Peaches In The Summertime' and `The Water Is Wide', here as `Must I Be Bound', absolute gems. There are some impressive arrangements and instrumentation, which helps place Ms Leighs sometime one-dimensional voice in a setting that showcases the better side of it.

The accompanying musicians are of the highest order, with special words of praise going to harpist Mary Ann Kennedy and fiddle player Gillian Frame for some beautifully constructed contributions on what is, overall, an excellent album.
on 13 April 2009
This is a truly beautiful album and it was well worth every penny. I hadn"t heard of this artist until I heard her song "Blackbird" on the bbc folk radio session, the song completely took my breath away and I just knew I had to have her album.

I had to wait a week or so until it was released and now here I am now, with her album and I absolutely love it. All the songs are beautiful and I can definately see myself listening to it a lot.

From not knowing her at all until a few weeks ago I am very impressed, a beautiful album and the songs are amazing.

If you love folk music I am sure you'll love her and even if your not a huge fan of folk music I am pretty sure you'd like her also.
on 1 April 2009
I bought a copy of this album at Iona's launch recently in London, and I LOVE it - amazing musicians, and mind-blowingly good vocals. I can't recommend it highly enough.

My personal favourite track is Let Erin Remember - truly wonderful, evocative stuff.