4.0 out of 5 stars Saves lots of time but not perfect
I wanted to convert language lessons I had bought as PDFs, as they each took up 9 pages and I could fit them onto 4 by copying and pasting onto word, but this took ages. I had 60 lessons to do. I quickly gave up, and thought I'd try this very cheap software instead.

Published on 13 Oct 2011 by Farndonangie

3.0 out of 5 stars pdf to word
Not sure if i'm doing something wrong but i don't seem to be able to get it to work properly!
Published 15 months ago by miss jaime reeves

4.0 out of 5 stars Saves lots of time but not perfect, 13 Oct 2011
This review is from: Essentials PDF-to-Word Convertor (PC CD) (CD-ROM)

The software was easy and very quick to install, although they do try to get you to go to a website and 'register' before they put up the installation options on the screen - so just give a false or old email if this happens, and remember to un-tick the usual boxes that result in junk mail.

The software worked very quickly on each document, the conversion took a couple of seconds. The results were pretty good overall. It kept font formats. It also separated the graphics, although the handles for selecting the graphic seemed to be much bigger. However, you could still perform the usual graphics operations in word (move and delete etc).

My only disappointment was the fact that it retained the hard returns at the end of each single line, I was hoping for word wrap so I could widen my margins and get more words onto a line. So although you can just narrow your top and bottom margin with no problem, you can not do anything about the right margin, unless you manually go in and delete each hard return on each line on your own and this can take ages. Because of this I only managed to get my 9 pages into 6. NOTE - you can select a 'no line breaks' option - but you then lose all line formatting (headings subheadings etc) and end up with one massive paragraph as it can't make a distinction between a line break followed by a blank line (which is a heading) and a line ending within a paragraph.

It will recognise tables, and reproduce their appearance, but will copy them as two columns with the table lines being a separate graphic, which you can move around separately. This is fine if you do not want to add to the table or edit it in any way.

In summary - it's cheap, quick to use, and it works well so it is worth buying, but I'd pay more for something that would remove the hard returns, yet keep the layout, if this were possible.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for the money, 13 Feb 2012
This review is from: Essentials PDF-to-Word Convertor (PC CD) (CD-ROM)
My needs for converting PDF to Word are fairly basic - although some of the documents are quite long, I tend to have little need to do anything involving complex graphics.

I have to say that I have found the software to be very impressive - quick and, more importantly, accurate for text-heavy documents.

As the other reviewer said, there are one or two matters that possibly could be improved, but then what software is perfect? For the money (Amazon under 6) I am seriously impressed. Worth buying I'd say.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy, 18 Dec 2012
This review is from: Essentials PDF-to-Word Convertor (PC CD) (CD-ROM)
I needed a software that did the job without being too complicated, this fits the bill. Ideal for a small budget

5.0 out of 5 stars Essentials PDF-to-Word the best on the Market in this price range, 28 Aug 2012
This review is from: Essentials PDF-to-Word Convertor (PC CD) (CD-ROM)
There are many expensive products about on the net doing the same job. Essentials PDF-to-Word for the price is the very best investment I've ever made, apart from not having word wrap, it does what it says on the box. It is the best in the market place for this price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pdf, 11 Mar 2013
This review is from: Essentials PDF-to-Word Convertor (PC CD) (CD-ROM)
Arrived on time. Easy to load and understand. I use it all the time when scanning in documents. Would recommend

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful and economic very good value, 17 July 2013
Ghostgrey51 (Wales) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Essentials PDF-to-Word Convertor (PC CD) (CD-ROM)
Having tried a more prestigious firm's software and did not get the results I required I followed the very helpful reviews on this product.
It was very easy to install and did the task required swiftly and effectively. I did not get the exact result I was looking for but had a very helpful e-mail reply to my enquiries, which led me to conclude the problem I was meeting was caused by the age of the PDFs I was working with and not any short comings with the software I had purchased
My problems aside I would recommend this product as inexpensive and very user friendly .

3.0 out of 5 stars pdf to word, 7 Jun 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars Pay peanuts and get monkeys?, 22 Jun 2014
Trevor Hutson - See all my reviews
This review is from: Essentials PDF-to-Word Convertor (PC CD) (CD-ROM)
delivered quickly but no instructions at all.
loaded it up and after about 40 Min finally managed to understand the procedures. However the product is utter rubbish! In the end I gave up and retyped the 40 pages I needed, it was less hassle.
Pay peanuts and get monkeys? yes with this product you do, please do not waste your money like I did.
Trevor

4.0 out of 5 stars Good program but has its limitations, 25 Mar 2014
This review is from: Essentials PDF-to-Word Convertor (PC CD) (CD-ROM)
We have used this program to convert documents that come from customers. We found that if the original document was generated as text, then this program could convert it back to Word without any problems and the text can then be edited. If the original document had been scanned and made into a pdf, then the converter converts it back to a picture and the text cannot be edited.
We had to use Adobe Export pdf to be able to edit this. Currently Adobe Export pdf is costing over $19 per year to license, so is a lot more expensive.

5.0 out of 5 stars it works, 15 Mar 2014
R. A. Young (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Essentials PDF-to-Word Convertor (PC CD) (CD-ROM)
only used this a few times for simple conversions but worked every time Really good value and easy to install

Essentials PDF-to-Word Convertor (PC CD)
Essentials PDF-to-Word Convertor (PC CD) by Avanquest Software (Windows Vista / XP)
5.50