5.0 out of 5 stars music to relax to

poor soundtrack overall, not spectacular like lets say Mulan or LOTR
Published 3 days ago by S. Mooney

5.0 out of 5 stars music to relax to, 23 Feb 2009
I. J. Davison "ianheadland" (Lincolnshire UK) - See all my reviews
As a complete Narnia fan I can find little in the way to criticise this album. Firstly it is a stunning portrayal of the film and although purists will moan that some of the themes are taken from the original album, don't be dissuaded from buying this album. The final sets of scores, particularly The Call by Regina Spektor will just seep into and under your skin and help you drift away to your own personal Narnian world. The Call has its own particular meaning for me and if you listen carefully to the words you may understand. I have no problem with you messaging me to ask or to tell me what you think my reasons are.
Sit or lie back, relax and drift into Narnia.....just SUPERB

5.0 out of 5 stars Harry Gregson-Williams delivers yet another perfect score, 10 Dec 2008
Kim . Spildrejorde (Norway) - See all my reviews
Harry Gregson-Williams' score for Prince Caspian is a great follow-up from the fantastic score in The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe. The mood in this score is different than the first one, much like the movie, and the score takes on a darker, more "muscular" tone, if you will.

My favourite tracks are "Prince Caspian Flees", "Arrival at Aslan's How", "Raid on The Castle", and basically the rest of the score-tracks from "Battle At Aslan's How" on out till "The Door in The Air". There's a really nice rendition of the heroic theme in "Return of The Lion", where it starts off in the brass section, before passing it on to the string section of the orchestra.

All in all this is a really good score and I can't think of any tracks that are plainly boring. The songs at the end aren't my favourites, but especially "The Call" worked very well along with the film.

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, 7 July 2014
S. Mooney - See all my reviews
poor soundtrack overall, not spectacular like lets say Mulan or LOTR

3.0 out of 5 stars May be a slight disappointment to Narnia fans, 15 Aug 2008
Chantal Lyons (Kent, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Sadly, this soundtrack didn't meet my expectations after the amazing 'The Lion, The Witch And The Wardrobe' soundtrack. This isn't to say it's not a nice addition to anyone's soundtrack collection, though. Harry Gregson-Williams must be commended for the wonderful music that plays during the first track, 'Prince Caspian Flees' (it makes you want to close your eyes and soak up nothing but the music you can hear). The trouble is that, although much of the score is heavily borrowed from the first Narnia film's score, the music has somehow become blander. It's nice to come across familiar tunes from the first film (eg. music from 'The Battle' and 'The Stone Table') but, in the end, they're nothing new and when the old tunes are altered slightly they remain annoyingly dull. Several of the tracks pass me by without leaving me with a distinct impression and when I can't recall how a particular track goes, then it means it didn't interest me the times I listened to it.
There are four additional songs on the album. The first one, 'The Call' by Regina Spektor, is a little too fluffy for my tastes although I won't skip it when it comes up on a music shuffle. 'This Is Home' by Switchfoot is a very enjoyable song to listen to. I dislike the other two songs, 'A Dance 'Round The Memory Tree' and 'Lucy'. They are both very forgettable.

If you're interested in Harry Gregson-William's music in general, I suggest avoiding this album and instead listening to ones such as Kingdom Of Heaven, which demonstrate his talent as a composer far better.