5.0 out of 5 stars Little chatty puppy friend for baby
Published on 28 Aug 2009 by CathyC

3.0 out of 5 stars Good toys for my daughter
I am giving 4 star only because of I can't find my daughter's name and there is no option somehow to create one. I would have given 5* if I could do that or they could add names bit faster on request to their list.
Published 4 months ago by Mr. Harmeet Singh

5.0 out of 5 stars Little chatty puppy friend for baby, 28 Aug 2009
This review is from: LeapFrog My Puppy Pal (Violet) (Baby Product)
Fantastic - I decided to get this for my 14 month old daughter last week - she was asleep when i got it and she was given it once I had uploaded her name, favourite colour, animal and food, so we have a song about a pink monkey that eats chocolate! and a few tunes she knows - she was delighted with it. She has mastered the controls on the paws - even though she turns violet on and off every so often. The bedtime tunes are very soothing and can be set for 2,5 and 10 minutes, violet's collar light doesn't flash whilst in this mode.

Violet is also nice and soft and cuddly.

Violet is a very polite puppy too, she says please,thank you and may I

I'm sure violet will become a firm favourite - certainly makes my little sweetie smile lots

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 22 May 2010
B. Knoblauh (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LeapFrog My Puppy Pal (Violet) (Baby Product)
This is an excellent toy, I would highly recommend it, easy to use for little fingers and lot's of fun, your little one will be singing along with the puppy and learn new words.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good toys for my daughter, 12 April 2014
Mr. Harmeet Singh (UK) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars An exceptional buy!, 26 Jun 2010
This review is from: LeapFrog My Puppy Pal (Violet) (Baby Product)
First thing I noticed when I started taking the pup out the box was how soft it was. The name tag on the dog lights up red constantly making it really attractive to look at. Downloading my niece's name was easy as well as downloading her favourite food and pet etc.

The website you download these updates from is really easy to use and has a good simple interface.

When the pup speaks it incorporates your baby's name into the preset conversations and it does catch the attention of the said baby - in this case, my niece, Olivia. The dog has a nice funny, almost cartoonish, bark every so often and is not at all annoying and is at a good volume level.

If it was three times the price you would probably not complain of your purchase, but at the price it is you will be very happy with it and your baby will love it for years to come.

5.0 out of 5 stars My 1 year old daughter loves this, 8 Dec 2013
This review is from: LeapFrog My Puppy Pal (Violet) (Baby Product)
A family friend gave my daughter this for her 1st birthday. She loves it. There is a night time setting with gentle music on a timer that I put on every night after story time. It settles her to sleep. The personalised messages and songs always brings a smile to her face. She's now 16 months and still adores it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Ok, but nothing spectacular, 8 May 2014
This review is from: LeapFrog My Puppy Pal (Violet) (Baby Product)
This toy isn't as great as I thought it would be, the songs are a bit boring. My daughter isn't very interested but hope that will change when she's older (she's 1) didn't have her name either so I had to choose a nickname, didn't have her favourite food either, choices are restrictive on the 'database'

4.0 out of 5 stars Great learning fun, bedtime companion, 14 Feb 2014
This review is from: LeapFrog My Puppy Pal (Violet) (Baby Product)
This product is amazing. My daughter loves it. It is programmable to say her name, favourite foods, colour and animal. It grows with your child too

5.0 out of 5 stars Adorable and useful, 27 Aug 2014
This review is from: LeapFrog My Puppy Pal (Violet) (Baby Product)
Very nice toy, sings lovely songs and relaxing tunes, it is cute, cudly and helps to learn new words. The minus is that after it is used to play music at bedtime, once my daughter falls asleep she sometimes kicks it and it starts barking n the middle of the night.... ;)) also I would prefer if the tunes were slightly longer. Finally at two she seems to be a bit bored with it, just as she did with other cudly talkers- fisher price puppy and Chico teddy. Out of the three above it is my favourite and my little girl loves to hear her dog say starting the day with customized hello Emilia.

5.0 out of 5 stars fab teddy perfect for any age, 12 Aug 2014
This review is from: LeapFrog My Puppy Pal (Violet) (Baby Product)
I bought this for my daughter 2 years ago and she loved it so much we bought one as a gift for a 1st birthday.
I love the fact you can programme your child's name and favourite foods and colour and animal etc and if they change there minds you can change you can change it on the toy. The songs are wonderful although they get stuck in your head for days :) you must have a computer and Internet access to use these awesome functions

4.0 out of 5 stars very good, 29 Mar 2010
smartini (North West UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LeapFrog My Puppy Pal (Violet) (Baby Product)
We bought this before our baby was born, she's now 14 weeks and has enjoyed it since she was about 4 weeks old! she started off watching Scout and moving her arms and legs to the music, now she looks around to see where he is, smiles at him and is starting to grab at his paws and nose, of course she's not able to activate the paws yet, but she's so familar with him now, it will encourage her to play with him as she develops her motor skills further.
the only -minor- down sides are: the flashing light i feel is a little bright, so i cover it with a muslin square so she can still see the light flashing in time with the music and the music doesn't last very long, so you have to sit nearby to keep activating his paws.
on balance though, a really really good toy (which can also be personalised via the website).

LeapFrog My Puppy Pal (Violet)
11.49