5.0 out of 5 stars Little chatty puppy friend for baby
Published on 28 Aug 2009 by CathyC

3.0 out of 5 stars Boring and annoying
Not a great toy- can say lots of little things things and thats about the only good thing (even that can be annoying as its repetitive). It didnt have my baby's name on the database- so i picked 'little monkey' as a nick name. I wouldnt pay the rrp which is £20 for it.
My toddler doesnt really play with this and the music on it is annoying
Published 2 months ago by Gpatel

5.0 out of 5 stars Little chatty puppy friend for baby, 28 Aug 2009
This review is from: LeapFrog My Puppy Pal (Violet, Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Baby Product)
Fantastic - I decided to get this for my 14 month old daughter last week - she was asleep when i got it and she was given it once I had uploaded her name, favourite colour, animal and food, so we have a song about a pink monkey that eats chocolate! and a few tunes she knows - she was delighted with it. She has mastered the controls on the paws - even though she turns violet on and off every so often. The bedtime tunes are very soothing and can be set for 2,5 and 10 minutes, violet's collar light doesn't flash whilst in this mode.

Violet is also nice and soft and cuddly.

Violet is a very polite puppy too, she says please,thank you and may I

I'm sure violet will become a firm favourite - certainly makes my little sweetie smile lots

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 22 May 2010
B. Knoblauh (UK) - See all my reviews
This is an excellent toy, I would highly recommend it, easy to use for little fingers and lot's of fun, your little one will be singing along with the puppy and learn new words.

5.0 out of 5 stars My 1 year old daughter loves this, 8 Dec 2013
A family friend gave my daughter this for her 1st birthday. She loves it. There is a night time setting with gentle music on a timer that I put on every night after story time. It settles her to sleep. The personalised messages and songs always brings a smile to her face. She's now 16 months and still adores it.

5.0 out of 5 stars An exceptional buy!, 26 Jun 2010
First thing I noticed when I started taking the pup out the box was how soft it was. The name tag on the dog lights up red constantly making it really attractive to look at. Downloading my niece's name was easy as well as downloading her favourite food and pet etc.

The website you download these updates from is really easy to use and has a good simple interface.

When the pup speaks it incorporates your baby's name into the preset conversations and it does catch the attention of the said baby - in this case, my niece, Olivia. The dog has a nice funny, almost cartoonish, bark every so often and is not at all annoying and is at a good volume level.

If it was three times the price you would probably not complain of your purchase, but at the price it is you will be very happy with it and your baby will love it for years to come.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great learning fun, bedtime companion, 14 Feb 2014
This product is amazing. My daughter loves it. It is programmable to say her name, favourite foods, colour and animal. It grows with your child too

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for a personal gift!, 14 Oct 2014
I have purchased these in the past for gifts (for all ages!!) I think it's a excellent toy and I always get positive feedback from parents AND child!! You must prompt folk to personalise Violet-some don't and this just 'ruins it!' The soft wear runs smoothly and is easy enough to sort if you or anybody you know has a ounce of techno In them!!
Great value.......especially for such a personal toy, that can grow with your child. I know some worry that their child's name may not be on 'the list' but do not!! As you are able to manually add any name.
Enjoy.

4.0 out of 5 stars very good, 29 Mar 2010
smartini (North West UK) - See all my reviews
We bought this before our baby was born, she's now 14 weeks and has enjoyed it since she was about 4 weeks old! she started off watching Scout and moving her arms and legs to the music, now she looks around to see where he is, smiles at him and is starting to grab at his paws and nose, of course she's not able to activate the paws yet, but she's so familar with him now, it will encourage her to play with him as she develops her motor skills further.
the only -minor- down sides are: the flashing light i feel is a little bright, so i cover it with a muslin square so she can still see the light flashing in time with the music and the music doesn't last very long, so you have to sit nearby to keep activating his paws.
on balance though, a really really good toy (which can also be personalised via the website).

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 23 Oct 2014
I haven't given this to my little girl yet as it's for Christmas but from having a play with it myself, I'm really excited about her seeing it at the end of her bed come Christmas morning. It was easy to set up, the voice is lovely and clear and it's gorgeously soft to the touch. I've also bought My Pal Scout for my little boy. I'd definitely recommend these, much better than your average cuddly toy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Toy, 19 Oct 2014
My grandson has the "Scout" version of this toy and he loves it. When programmed with the child's name and other details it becomes a very personal toy which they can interact with. This one is for our baby grand daughter due at Christmas. I would recommend Violet to any little one as there is a lot of play value in this toy as there is with all the Leapfrog toys.

3.0 out of 5 stars Boring and annoying, 12 Sep 2014