5.0 out of 5 stars Little chatty puppy friend for baby
Published on 28 Aug 2009 by CathyC

3.0 out of 5 stars Good toys for my daughter
I am giving 4 star only because of I can't find my daughter's name and there is no option somehow to create one. I would have given 5* if I could do that or they could add names bit faster on request to their list.
Published 3 months ago by Mr. Harmeet Singh

5.0 out of 5 stars Little chatty puppy friend for baby, 28 Aug 2009
This review is from: LeapFrog My Puppy Pal (Violet) (Baby Product)
Fantastic - I decided to get this for my 14 month old daughter last week - she was asleep when i got it and she was given it once I had uploaded her name, favourite colour, animal and food, so we have a song about a pink monkey that eats chocolate! and a few tunes she knows - she was delighted with it. She has mastered the controls on the paws - even though she turns violet on and off every so often. The bedtime tunes are very soothing and can be set for 2,5 and 10 minutes, violet's collar light doesn't flash whilst in this mode.

Violet is also nice and soft and cuddly.

Violet is a very polite puppy too, she says please,thank you and may I

I'm sure violet will become a firm favourite - certainly makes my little sweetie smile lots

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 22 May 2010
B. Knoblauh (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LeapFrog My Puppy Pal (Violet) (Baby Product)
This is an excellent toy, I would highly recommend it, easy to use for little fingers and lot's of fun, your little one will be singing along with the puppy and learn new words.

5.0 out of 5 stars Magical little toy, 28 Nov 2013
This review is from: LeapFrog My Puppy Pal (Violet) (Baby Product)
What a breath of fresh air this toy is. You have to visit the [...] to register then download a small program to be able to download what tunes and preferences you want the puppy to sing and say. The USB cable comes with the toy (a rarity these days) and 3 AA batteries are already installed. Setting it up could not be easier. Whilst connected to your computer via the USB cable you can input your child's name, favourite food, colour and animal and then select a selection of sing-a-long tunes and lullaby's etc. Several of the songs incorporate your child's name and favourite preferences as mentioned above making it a very personal feeling toy. By pressing it's belly you also get a selection of cute phrases incorporating the child's name to further personalise the experience. It's a lovely soft toy and it automatically turns itself off if unplayed with for a while to help save batteries. It can be turned off immediately by just squeezing a paw.

Really young babies of course won't be able to squeeze the paws (although they are very easy to press) but I'm sure they'll still love to hear the music and enjoy the flashing bone round the puppy's neck (flashes different colours depending on what the phrase or song is). I should mention that there is an educational aspect to this toy too as some of the phrases and songs encourage counting and spelling as well as the fun stuff like mimicking animal noises.

I can imagine that this is one of those toys that kiddies want to take with them everywhere from 6 months up to the age of 3 and probably beyond.

I'm sure my granddaughter will love this and I can't wait to give it to her at Christmas.

I can't imagine any child not absolutely loving this toy.

5.0 out of 5 stars An exceptional buy!, 26 Jun 2010
This review is from: LeapFrog My Puppy Pal (Violet) (Baby Product)
First thing I noticed when I started taking the pup out the box was how soft it was. The name tag on the dog lights up red constantly making it really attractive to look at. Downloading my niece's name was easy as well as downloading her favourite food and pet etc.

The website you download these updates from is really easy to use and has a good simple interface.

When the pup speaks it incorporates your baby's name into the preset conversations and it does catch the attention of the said baby - in this case, my niece, Olivia. The dog has a nice funny, almost cartoonish, bark every so often and is not at all annoying and is at a good volume level.

If it was three times the price you would probably not complain of your purchase, but at the price it is you will be very happy with it and your baby will love it for years to come.

5.0 out of 5 stars My 1 year old daughter loves this, 8 Dec 2013
This review is from: LeapFrog My Puppy Pal (Violet) (Baby Product)
A family friend gave my daughter this for her 1st birthday. She loves it. There is a night time setting with gentle music on a timer that I put on every night after story time. It settles her to sleep. The personalised messages and songs always brings a smile to her face. She's now 16 months and still adores it.

5.0 out of 5 stars FANATASTIC SOFT TOY FOR ANY LITTLE TODDLER!, 31 July 2014
This review is from: LeapFrog My Puppy Pal (Violet) (Baby Product)
FANATASTIC SOFT TOY FOR ANY LITTLE TODDLER!

Back Story::
My daughter recieved this as a gift from Grandparents at Christmas. I think it was bought as a gimmick toy as it is called 'Violet' - and so is our daughter!
It is by far her favourite toy. She uses it every day and plays well with it.

Upside:
The features are great... a teddy you plug into your computer and choose the songs, ryhmes and information it voices to your child. Through this toy my daughter has become familiar with old favourites such as twinkle twinkle little star, London Bridge and many many more. It knows her favourite food is grapes, her favourite colour is orange and that her name is Violet. It knows her favourite animal and it knows her favourite songs... it is great!
She interacts so well with it too - she always answers it with a polite 'yes?' whenever it says her name, she does the things it requests, such as 'Violet, can i have a hug?' and interacts with the playful games and activities, such as making silly noises together, making animal noises and counting 1-5.
Oh, and it also somes in green for any boys out there!

Down side:
The only downside i have found so far is that Leapfrog dont seem to have expanded the range of things you can add onto the bear through the computer and interactive website to suit a growing child. My daughter got this when she was 1 year old. She is now 2 and a half going on 3 years old and still very close to her soft toys. The songs are fab, but now she has learnt them all, it would be better to have a wider choice - especially the sing along ones. As she has grown and developed, a few more letter games, number games and colour games and maybe a 'copy and say' word game would have just made this toy a bit more adveturous. I feel that Leapfrog would prefer me to move on to the LeapPad or book reader they do, and so have carefully limited what this toy can do to ensure my custom in the future. This is a shame, because a bit more range would be great for younger children who are not quite ready for the reading of full books with the Leapfrog reader but are beyond simple 'look-see-smile 'type intersctions of a baby or infant.

Verdict:
All in all a great toy for cuddling, playing, learning and socialising. A fab companion for any girl or boy, and a good price too. My daughter loves her Violet-Bear!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good toys for my daughter, 12 April 2014
Mr. Harmeet Singh (UK) - See all my reviews

2.0 out of 5 stars Ok, but nothing spectacular, 8 May 2014
This review is from: LeapFrog My Puppy Pal (Violet) (Baby Product)
This toy isn't as great as I thought it would be, the songs are a bit boring. My daughter isn't very interested but hope that will change when she's older (she's 1) didn't have her name either so I had to choose a nickname, didn't have her favourite food either, choices are restrictive on the 'database'

4.0 out of 5 stars Great learning fun, bedtime companion, 14 Feb 2014
This review is from: LeapFrog My Puppy Pal (Violet) (Baby Product)
This product is amazing. My daughter loves it. It is programmable to say her name, favourite foods, colour and animal. It grows with your child too

4.0 out of 5 stars very good, 29 Mar 2010
smartini (North West UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LeapFrog My Puppy Pal (Violet) (Baby Product)
We bought this before our baby was born, she's now 14 weeks and has enjoyed it since she was about 4 weeks old! she started off watching Scout and moving her arms and legs to the music, now she looks around to see where he is, smiles at him and is starting to grab at his paws and nose, of course she's not able to activate the paws yet, but she's so familar with him now, it will encourage her to play with him as she develops her motor skills further.
the only -minor- down sides are: the flashing light i feel is a little bright, so i cover it with a muslin square so she can still see the light flashing in time with the music and the music doesn't last very long, so you have to sit nearby to keep activating his paws.
on balance though, a really really good toy (which can also be personalised via the website).

LeapFrog My Puppy Pal (Violet)
15.23