5.0 out of 5 stars Really chuffed - Great 'learning to read' support
Published on 12 May 2011 by Web-Bee

2.0 out of 5 stars Downloaded but not working!!!
Published 11 months ago by Bobby Anand

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Really chuffed - Great 'learning to read' support, 12 May 2011
This review is from: Leapfrog Tag Learn To Read Series Long Vowels Phonics Books (Tag reader sold separately) (Toy)
My son is in reception yr and at the perfect stage for the tag pen system, although he's had his pen since Xmas 09. He chose these books to spend some birthday money on and loves them. The accents ARE British English (I was prepared to return to Amazon if that wasn't the case) and work really well. The stories are simple, but repetitive and also some of them are a bit of a challenge. They are a step away from his other reading books (OLT Biff and Chip and Jolly Phonics reading books) so that could cause confusion with some children.

I think he's a little past the stage for the short vowels phonic set, but would've seriously considered getting them when he started in reception.

Really pleased (he got the map too for his birthday and that's brilliant too and he says the Disney Pixar puzzle book is the best one ever!)

5.0 out of 5 stars Tag books to use with tag pen, a lovely set of books, 26 July 2013
we have both sets of the long vowels and short vowel books. Both my son (now nearly 7) and my daughter 4 have used these. They have been handed to my youngest when my son outgrew them this year. Out of the two my daughter has used them most, she listens to them using the tag pen and also we read them together like a normal reading book. It has amazed me because she can recite pages just by looking at the page. I am not sure whether using the tag pen has actually helped her learn how to read although having words like 'the' highlighted in a different colour has certainly helped. She adores these and also plays the activities at the back of the book. Start with the short vowels for earlier readers then move to the long vowels.

4.0 out of 5 stars Helpful, 19 April 2012
I bought these for my 5 year old nephew, he was having difficulty with his reading. My sister said he loves them and looks at reading as more fun than hard work as before.

2.0 out of 5 stars Downloaded but not working!!!, 21 Nov 2013
I've had ordered this and received it within 3 days which was good but, downloaded the audio onto the tag pen, with the download confirmed on my account, I then tried the first book. It didn't work! must of tried for an hour, each book, same message "ask your parents to visit leapfrog connect to download this book". Eventually deleted the books and started again...same problem! Thought it maybe the tag pen, it wasn't, all previous books work fine. So really annoyed that i have to send the items back and wait for upto 4 weeks (from Amazon, not another seller!) to refund the money so I can purchase these books from somewhere else. I've always bought these books from ToysRus and never had a problem. This is the first and last time I'd buy them from Amazon! My son was so excited about the books and went to bed quite upset......Not good!!!!! Not happy!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 2 Jan 2013
This is a further add on for my 4yr old grandson who really enjoys this learning system I have brought about 6 books from Amazon in this series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Leapfrog Books Great Value, 27 Sep 2011
I am impressed with these books, the value for money is excellent and my child enjoys reading them.I would certainly tell my friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT FOR LEARNING, 17 Dec 2010
A. ANDERSON - See all my reviews
A GREAT PRODUCT FOR LITTLE LEARNERS AND MAKES LEARNING MORE INTERESTING AS THEY CAN DO IT THEMSELVES. I ALSO PURCHSED THE SHORT VOWELS BOOKS FROM AMAZON.COM AS I COULD NOT GET THEM ON THE UK SITE ALONG WITH THE CARRY CASE, IT COST A LITTLE EXTRA TO GET THEM BUT THEY ARE A WELL PRESENTED PACK AND WELL WORTH THE COST TO HELP YOUR CHILD ALONG

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Birthday Present for four-year-old, 3 Mar 2014
Bought as present for grandchild - she loves the stories - learning fast! How teaching and learning methods have progressed over the years!

5.0 out of 5 stars grandsons prezzie, 23 Feb 2014
he loved it and it is truly learning him to read very clearly, great idea for young children to enhance their learning

5.0 out of 5 stars good, 23 Jan 2014
Wow what can I say except that I am very pleased in seeing how my kids are improving in their basic intellectual and learning skills and learning about what is going on around them and within them selves. I am a big fan of LeapFrog
LeapReader. My one major dislike about leapfrog products is the music, I wish they would make more of these products without music. Without a doubt this distracts the kids by them not focusing properly on the tasks at hand, and this is not a constructive way to educate children. I truly believe that it would be more effective in teaching children without music.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›