5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best toys EVER !!
I bought this for my son and am so impressed with it.

Very easy and quite quick to connect to computer and personalise.
Step by step instructions (if like me your not very computer literate ) which makes it a breeze.He is Lovely and soft with such a cute voice.

Published on 6 Dec. 2009 by S. Flannigan

I am sure this product is great for most children but it is so disappointing that it doesn't list my daughters name when this is such a big part of the product. My daughter is called Tabitha and although this is not that common it is still in the top 100 girls names and there are far more obscure ones catered for. Disappointing
Published 3 months ago by Nelly Berriff

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best toys EVER !!, 6 Dec. 2009
S. Flannigan (Nth Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LeapFrog My Puppy Pal Scout (Green) (Baby Product)
I bought this for my son and am so impressed with it.

Very easy and quite quick to connect to computer and personalise.

One of the things i love about it is..... its got an ENGLISH speaking voice.Having added my sons name, favourite food and colour this cute little puppy says his name several times and in different contexts.....even spells it !!Sings songs with your childs name included, Says he his hungry and asks for whatever you put as your childs favourite food etc

Great value for money,no hesitation in recommending this ingenious toy from Leapfrog...................... Buy buy buy !!!

5.0 out of 5 stars How adorable, 13 Feb. 2014
This review is from: LeapFrog My Puppy Pal Scout (Green) (Baby Product)
I purchased this when it was on offer for my little boy and it is one of the best toys that he owns.

Personalising it was very easy. It even came with a USB cable to connect to the computer. Downloading the software and personalising it took about 20-30 minutes. I did take my time though. It will let you select you childs favourite animal, food, colour and it's own name

It frequently mentions my little boys name and his face is a picture when he hears his name called out from this bear.

It has a song mode, a talking mode, a sleep mode and a phrases mode. The light on the collar flashes red, blue and green and enhances the whole experience.

I love the fact the paws are easy to press. We have another similar teddy and I have difficulties activating the buttons on the paws,

The only one downside is the limited choice of popular nursery rhymes but that's not worth taking a star away from this fantastic toy.

5.0 out of 5 stars personal, 12 Sept. 2014
This review is from: LeapFrog My Puppy Pal Scout (Green) (Baby Product)
I am a foster carer and have so far brought 7 Scouts/Violets, one for every baby we've looked after. I love the way you can programme the child's name in and make it personal to them. They all have loved and fallen asleep to the bedtime music and it's something they take with them to their new homes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very interactive toy which can be used truely from few months till 2 years!!!! at a very good price, 7 Jan. 2015
Violet ( orher little brother) is a must have for every baby! Could not wait and bought it for my baby when she was 3 months old.
Initially she could not really contol it until 4 months but she was very happy for the songs, the little light that comes from her tie and the fact that it calls her name.

The only thing I don't like is that you can not add names to it. It did not have my daughter's name, so we used a short version of it-which was programmed in Violet.

To set up-I had little bit of trouble...but all I did is to try it again and again and succeeded-with my iphone! For some reason ( read from other comments) the program does not like Windows 8.

Now my daughter is 5 months old and can press her pawns, laughs when Violet spells her name and we sing songs together.

The lullabies help her every night to sleep! Very calming-and it has 2 volume levels! Perfect!

Will be still a useful toy once she can talk- to interact with Violet.

3.0 out of 5 stars Find a way to check if your child's name s available before buying, 14 Mar. 2015

5.0 out of 5 stars Me and my pal... (enter your childs name), 13 Jan. 2012
This review is from: LeapFrog My Puppy Pal Scout (Green) (Baby Product)
I got this for my nephew Riley and I think it was well worth the money (at time of purchase £15) My Dad thought it would cost about £60 when I showed him it.
The product is easy to use you just plug it in to your PC via the USB cable supplied and then register for the Leapfrog website and then you enter your childs name and it then gives you the option of how you pronouce it, you then choose your child's favourite colour, animal and food which will then with whatever choice you made will make its way into the song and will sing songs with your childs name in it.
You can choose which songs you would like at a time then after a while if you choose can take them ones and replace with other ones as has up to 30 songs and even has songs for the Christmas period or happy birthday.
It also has 2-10 minutes of lullaby music you can play so you can help your child get to sleep.
Also when plugged in to a PC you can print off song sheets with all the lyrics to the songs and also colouring in pictures of Scout and his friend Violet (the female version of the toy) for you child to colour in so it's well worth the money. My aunty was impressed that she asked me to order one for her grandson too.

I think this product is well priced, fun and very recommended and I would purchase other Leapfrog products if they are as well made as this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Scout is great, 23 Mar. 2010
We got Scout for my son when he was 8 months old and he plays with him a lot (he is now 21 months). Scout talks and sings songs. You can also connect the toy to the Leapfrog website and download your child's name, favourite colour, favourite food and also some more songs (you can change these as often as you like).
It's great that Scout says my son's name as it encourages him to interact with the toy more.
This toy is great to take anywhere, especially on long boring car journeys. The only thing I don't do is leave it in the cot otherwise son stays awake babbling to Scout rather than going to sleep!
The toy also comes with 2 volume levels which is great because most kids toys are just loud.

4.0 out of 5 stars This a a great little toy for your little one, 19 Mar. 2015
This a a great little toy for your little one, mine loves it, loves pressing the buttons, don't think she quite appreciates that it says her name to her, but apart from that it's a great little thing.

My only issue is with the battery unit/update cable. The compartment the battery sits in can be a bit of a fight to get out of the back of the bear, it would appear the opening is approx 2mm bigger than the box, which can make for some fun and games when taking it in and out.

I've only had to change the batteries once after about 4 months usage so can't complain.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toy for toddlers, 23 Nov. 2014
This review is from: LeapFrog My Puppy Pal Scout (Green) (Baby Product)
Bought for my son last Christmas. He was 10 months. At the time, I would say my 2.5 year old got more use out of it, but now at 18 months, he loves it. You can personalise it by plugging if in to the computer and choosing the child's name, favourite colour, favourite food and favourite animal. You can also choose which songs you would like it to play when they squeeze its paw, which is great for when they get too repetitive and annoying. Not all children's names are available as you must choose from a library, rather than inputting any name, although there are plenty to choose from.

There is a paw to squeeze to sing songs, including a song about the child's name and one about their favourite things; a foot to squeeze for bedtime mode, so he will play lullabies for a chosen number of minutes to help your child sleep; and the collar lights up in four different colours when some songs are played. The other paw enables you to play games with Scout, like guessing an object he's describing, and the left foot switches him on and off.

There is also a volume control inside scout on his battery pack which enables you to switch from high to low. Neither I find offensive, but low is quite quiet (although we have a busy house so may not be if you have less children!), so we usually have him on high volume so my son can hear him. We find that sufficient for night time lullabies too.

A great little toy for a brilliant price that my son loves, and when he grows out of it, I can reprogram it for him little sister, so can get plenty of use out of it! He is very cuddly despite his battery pack and a good size too.

Overall, a fantastic toy with some educational value that I imagine we will get a good few years of play from, at a cheap price. Well worth the money I think.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, 5 Dec. 2013
This review is from: LeapFrog My Puppy Pal Scout (Green) (Baby Product)
A little disappointed you should be able to type in the child's name .I wanted Jamie which is not a crazy name like Apple or sky and it would only come up with Jamie lee

LeapFrog My Puppy Pal Scout (Green)
Usually dispatched within 2 to 3 days