5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best toys EVER !!
I bought this for my son and am so impressed with it.

Very easy and quite quick to connect to computer and personalise.
Step by step instructions (if like me your not very computer literate ) which makes it a breeze.He is Lovely and soft with such a cute voice.

Published on 6 Dec. 2009 by S. Flannigan

3.0 out of 5 stars Good
A little disappointed you should be able to type in the child's name .I wanted Jamie which is not a crazy name like Apple or sky and it would only come up with Jamie lee
Published 15 months ago by Pen cags

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best toys EVER !!, 6 Dec. 2009
S. Flannigan (Nth Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LeapFrog My Puppy Pal Scout (Green) (Baby Product)
I bought this for my son and am so impressed with it.

Very easy and quite quick to connect to computer and personalise.

One of the things i love about it is..... its got an ENGLISH speaking voice.Having added my sons name, favourite food and colour this cute little puppy says his name several times and in different contexts.....even spells it !!Sings songs with your childs name included, Says he his hungry and asks for whatever you put as your childs favourite food etc

Great value for money,no hesitation in recommending this ingenious toy from Leapfrog...................... Buy buy buy !!!

5.0 out of 5 stars How adorable, 13 Feb. 2014
This review is from: LeapFrog My Puppy Pal Scout (Green) (Baby Product)
I purchased this when it was on offer for my little boy and it is one of the best toys that he owns.

Personalising it was very easy. It even came with a USB cable to connect to the computer. Downloading the software and personalising it took about 20-30 minutes. I did take my time though. It will let you select you childs favourite animal, food, colour and it's own name

It frequently mentions my little boys name and his face is a picture when he hears his name called out from this bear.

It has a song mode, a talking mode, a sleep mode and a phrases mode. The light on the collar flashes red, blue and green and enhances the whole experience.

I love the fact the paws are easy to press. We have another similar teddy and I have difficulties activating the buttons on the paws,

The only one downside is the limited choice of popular nursery rhymes but that's not worth taking a star away from this fantastic toy.

5.0 out of 5 stars personal, 12 Sept. 2014
This review is from: LeapFrog My Puppy Pal Scout (Green) (Baby Product)
I am a foster carer and have so far brought 7 Scouts/Violets, one for every baby we've looked after. I love the way you can programme the child's name in and make it personal to them. They all have loved and fallen asleep to the bedtime music and it's something they take with them to their new homes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Scout is great, 23 Mar. 2010
We got Scout for my son when he was 8 months old and he plays with him a lot (he is now 21 months). Scout talks and sings songs. You can also connect the toy to the Leapfrog website and download your child's name, favourite colour, favourite food and also some more songs (you can change these as often as you like).
It's great that Scout says my son's name as it encourages him to interact with the toy more.
This toy is great to take anywhere, especially on long boring car journeys. The only thing I don't do is leave it in the cot otherwise son stays awake babbling to Scout rather than going to sleep!
The toy also comes with 2 volume levels which is great because most kids toys are just loud.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great toy for toddlers, 23 Nov. 2014
This review is from: LeapFrog My Puppy Pal Scout (Green) (Baby Product)
Bought for my son last Christmas. He was 10 months. At the time, I would say my 2.5 year old got more use out of it, but now at 18 months, he loves it. You can personalise it by plugging if in to the computer and choosing the child's name, favourite colour, favourite food and favourite animal. You can also choose which songs you would like it to play when they squeeze its paw, which is great for when they get too repetitive and annoying. Not all children's names are available as you must choose from a library, rather than inputting any name, although there are plenty to choose from.

There is a paw to squeeze to sing songs, including a song about the child's name and one about their favourite things; a foot to squeeze for bedtime mode, so he will play lullabies for a chosen number of minutes to help your child sleep; and the collar lights up in four different colours when some songs are played. The other paw enables you to play games with Scout, like guessing an object he's describing, and the left foot switches him on and off.

There is also a volume control inside scout on his battery pack which enables you to switch from high to low. Neither I find offensive, but low is quite quiet (although we have a busy house so may not be if you have less children!), so we usually have him on high volume so my son can hear him. We find that sufficient for night time lullabies too.

A great little toy for a brilliant price that my son loves, and when he grows out of it, I can reprogram it for him little sister, so can get plenty of use out of it! He is very cuddly despite his battery pack and a good size too.

Overall, a fantastic toy with some educational value that I imagine we will get a good few years of play from, at a cheap price. Well worth the money I think.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, 5 Dec. 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars misleading re names, 11 Nov. 2013
This review is from: LeapFrog My Puppy Pal Scout (Green) (Baby Product)
I emailed in advance to see if scout's name database had irish names and was told they had. However after purchasing it and trying to download my daughter's name yes they have Irish names but they don't have a clue how to pronounce them which is very disappointing when several of the most common names are wrongly pronounced. Otherwise its ok - nothing special with regards to other similar toys.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not loud enough, 11 Jan. 2014
This review is from: LeapFrog My Puppy Pal Scout (Green) (Baby Product)
This is a great item we bought this for one of our little boys(1) and Cody the cub (vetch) for our other little boy(2) both are very similar but the volume on this is way to low there is no way of adjusting it. I have noticed a lot of leapfrog products are like this which I understand re damaging little ears but this puppy can hardly be heard.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great companion for little ones, 30 Oct. 2014
This review is from: LeapFrog My Puppy Pal Scout (Green) (Baby Product)
Like the way you can programme name, favourite colour, animal, food, along with tunes to play. It then has conversation including these things to personalise the interaction.
Didn't give it 5 stars because tunes are limited and can only choose 5 for sing along and 5 for bedtime. Minor points but... Would be nice if LeapFrog increased its selections to include more universal kids tunes. Sleep mode allows you to select 2,5 or10 mins of bedtime tunes by pressing the paw. Not really long enough in my opinion and would be nice if you could select a longer time. But then again its for the littlin who loves it!

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this Dog, 24 Nov. 2014
This review is from: LeapFrog My Puppy Pal Scout (Green) (Baby Product)
I love this Dog, It is a fantastic toy for any little one to have. Very pleased with my buy! Already brought one for our eldest child who loved it so thought our youngest Son would like one. It is that good of a toy that I will be purchasing another for my Nephew for Xmas.
If you have a child who need help getting off to sleep or wakes up in the night often then this would be an ideal toy, it addresses the child by name so the child will feel like he is his best friend, how magical for child is that!! Very good buy..

LeapFrog My Puppy Pal Scout (Green)