5.0 out of 5 stars What a transformation!
I love hiking, but have found that no matter what socks or boots I wear and how much I moisturise my feet first, after a few miles I get hot. By the time its got to the 5 mile point I used to need to take my boots off and air my feet a bit. They got so hot they would swell too. But no longer.

I am amazed and very impressed.

I bought a pair of Ironman...
Published on 17 Jun 2012 by M. J. Harkett

3.0 out of 5 stars Gel soles
The insoles are comfortable but not earth shattering. Have not made too much difference to my feet/legs other than, as prev said, a bit more comfort.
Published 13 months ago by Algernon

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars What a transformation!, 17 Jun 2012
M. J. Harkett (Kent, UK) - See all my reviews

I am amazed and very impressed.

I bought a pair of Ironman performance gel insoles a couple of days ago and took them out for a test walk this morning, wearing good quality, familiar socks but without moisturising my feet. I covered over 8 miles of mixed terrain and altitude without my feet feeling either tired or hot or even warm! On getting back to the start I was amazed how cool they were, with no sign of either redness or swelling.

The blurb on the box says they provide maximum cushioning via triple density gel. There is certainly a very thick layer for the heel, and I would have liked so see it thicker for the ball of the foot (where I feel it most) but that was before I tried them. The arch is much more supportive than any insole I've tried before, but once you get used to it, which doesn't take long at all, it's great as you can feel it moulding to your foot.

Another thing I liked is the range of sizes and the fact that Men's and Wonen's insoles are different.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy these, they really work, 18 May 2013
My husband was diagnosed with Plantis in his feet around six months ago. Despite visiting a number of specialists, it was not getting any better and it was starting to affect my husband's quality of life as he could not do sport and found the first half hour walking in the morning excruitiating. I bought these after reading another buyer on line review and looking at the feedback which was ovewhelming positive. My husband loves them. The first day he used them he got immediate relief and said walking was much easier. Three weeks on he is would not be without them, and we have bought two additional pairs for his other shoes. For those reviewers that have posted negative feedback - i would suggest that some reviewers expectations are frankly unrealistic. My husband has very serious foot problems for 6 months and it takes time for the ligments in the sole of the foot to regenerate and repair. For those expecting an immediate cure - these insoles may not be the right product for you. However, if you are happy to combine these insoles with wearing soft foot splints at night then you will get immediate relief the next day, and after a week or two they will make a huge difference to the quality of your life, so much so that when you wake up in the morning you will not dread that first step when you get out of bed. For best results, i would suggest buying more than one pair, as otherwise you need to move them between shoes. They are quite chunky and they feel odd at first, but you get use to it. You also need to use some splints at night to stop your foot relaxing into its normal sleeping position which means you immediatetly tear the plantis in morning, when you put the foot down. If you use soft foot splints or the sossman sock - I would recommend that yoy dont bind it tightly at night. Its not necessary - you simply need to ensure that the foot does not relax into the sleeping position - but it does not need to be an instrument of torture to work or help the ligaments under the foot heal in the elongated position (which is the position you use when walking).

4.0 out of 5 stars Gel Insoles, 19 Jan 2013
Very good product,i feel the difference with every footstep the only downside was that it was a bit wide and i had to cut it but other than that an excellent purchase!

3.0 out of 5 stars Gel soles, 2 Oct 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Gel insoles., 25 Jun 2013
My husband has "perfect", but delicate feet, needs insole to be comfortable!
These were good, and may buy more in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 30 Jun 2014
This review is from: Spenco Ironman Performance Gel Insoles (Sports Apparel)
These are very comfortable and value for money
I highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT PRODUCT, 15 Mar 2014
Chris Wilson (burton on trent) - See all my reviews
well impressed with this product i like it that much i told my friends and family and they bought it too so get it yourself

5.0 out of 5 stars You can't take enough care of your feet, 14 Jan 2014
Especially if you are on them all day working wearing company supplied safety boots as I am. These insoles provide a level of comfort and protection that I don't think can be beaten, Better than the cheap gel insoles I had previously used.

5.0 out of 5 stars great product, 27 Mar 2013
so comfortable and great arch support , they made my old trainers feel brand new , I have recommended them to all my running and zumba buddies

1.0 out of 5 stars Not recommended for plantar fasciitis, 22 Aug 2014
This review is from: Spenco Ironman Performance Gel Insoles (Sports Apparel)
Tried these as an alternative to my usual Sorbothane insoles to counter painful plantar fasciitis. Found them to be to spongy, they also seem to retain heat, not idea for the condition or for wearing all day.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›