4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 24 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Star Wars Yoda Desk Protector (Toy)
Yoda USB Protector is fantastic and perfect for everyone who likes this tipe of toys .

Size :
the basement is a circumference with a diameter of 9,6 cm , the height of the basement is of 2,5 cm .
With the yoda model the toy reaches the total height of 16,5 cm.

Weight : I measured it and i found a weight of 180 gr.

USB : the cable is 1,3 m long and is very thin .

Power :
- connection to usb ports of the pc , it works with usb 1.0 , 2.0 and 3.0
- directly to electric power with a usb power adaptor , the same you use for charge ipad , smartphones and others to charge them directly with electric power without using the computer.

Sounds and Lights :
the sound of the lightsaber is perfect , the same that you hear in the films or in the cartoons , and it's volume is very good and powerfull . The same thing for the voice of Yoda that is perfect and you can understand perfectly what he says .
You can close it , use only lights of lights+voice , there is a little key under the basement .

I tried it and i found that its capacity to see your movements and responds with lights and sounds is very good .

Overall : The toy is very beautiful , sounds are good and it seems tough , not easy to destroy . So I suggest to buy it .

4.0 out of 5 stars Who can fault it?, 3 Sept. 2011
Tom (Hampshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Star Wars Yoda Desk Protector (Toy)
You can have Yoda, Jedi Master, guarding your keyboard when you're away. How can anyone not see this as a positive purchase?

The sounds (light sabre and Yoda's "hmmgmm") are surprisingly good and always raise a smile.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 12 Jan. 2012
J. Allen - See all my reviews
This review is from: Star Wars Yoda Desk Protector (Toy)
This was bought as a present for a 30 year old star wars fan n he loved it. It's a good laugh.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy me you should at the first chance, 1 May 2013
Katantona (Athens, Greece) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Star Wars Yoda Desk Protector (Toy)
I am a "big boy" Star Wars fan. My recent purchases from Amazon included at first the R2D2 talking money-bank at a fantastic price.
When I saw the reduced price for Yoda desk protector I couldn't resist.
Overall delighted with my choice.
Arrived promptly from Amazon, in a nice package well protecting the figurine (I was worried mainly about the light-saber which seemed fragile as it extends significantly from the main body).
Ii came also with a nice "try me" usb device/module at the bottom (including its own batteries) in order to test it prior of buying (or in my case unpacking it).
The sensor is sensitive enough to "catch" you in each eye (nothing gets past Yoda).
The only "problem" is that the speaker under the figure where all sounds originate from (Yoda quotes and light-saber hamming), is a little bit loud for my taste. But nothing I couldn't fixed by covering part of it (around 3/4) with black insulation tape. For this reason I don't even reduce my rating as I don't consider it an actual problem.
If it had a button though to adjust sound level output I would have given it 6 stars!!!!!
But it if you find it at a reasonable low price and you want to make a gift to yourself or a fellow Star Wars fan.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great novelty gift, 3 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Star Wars Yoda Desk Protector (Toy)
Good idea for anyone who is hard to buy for. Made me smile when I saw it and heard the demo Yoda voice. Would rather like one for my desk. Good quality gift.

5.0 out of 5 stars Feel the force, 27 Dec. 2013
Fiona S. Charge (Cambridge, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Star Wars Yoda Desk Protector (Toy)
Bought as it looked good on screen when it arrived was better than I could have hoped for good item reasonable price - gift was very much apprciated

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun for Star Wars fans, 3 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Star Wars Yoda Desk Protector (Toy)
Bought for my adult son who adores all things Star Wars. Sound is good,he has yet to decide whether it will inhabit his desk at work or home

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this, 23 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Star Wars Yoda Desk Protector (Toy)
This has to be connected to a computer to use which I didn't realise but then I don't know much about these things. It's really good quality for the price and the sound is great. my 7 year old loves it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent gift for Star Wars fan hubby., 28 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Star Wars Yoda Desk Protector (Toy)
Purchased this for my husband for Xmas and he truly loves it. To test, you don't have to plug into USB as there is a mini battery which enables you to test it whilst it remains fully packaged.
Husband is a huge Star Wars fan and had often lamented losing a Yoda toy from his youth that had the same phrases, so when seen this knew had to get it for him.
For those who think it may be a little annoying, there are ways to custom the settings so that Yoda does not always speak and that you can have the light saber effect only, which swooshes and then lights up when someone gets too close to the computer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amusing for Adult, Children, and terrifying for dogs., 12 Jan. 2013
D. Malone "Debs" (Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Star Wars Yoda Desk Protector (Toy)
I bought this for my boyfriend for Christmas as he's a big Star Wars fan. After convincing him that it wouldn't be the end of the world if he took it out of the box, he proceeded to have a lot of fun with it. He set it up beside his bedroom door to warn of any Sith intruders that may try to invade his room at night. His dog hated the thing and fled from the room barking every time he accidentally activated it by walking in front of it. His little nephew loved playing with it though, and it kept him well entertained on Christmas Day.

Star Wars Yoda Desk Protector