5.0 out of 5 stars best lego game

3.0 out of 5 stars Be mindful of the age recommendation
Published on 2 Mar 2012 by SeaSpooner

5.0 out of 5 stars best lego game, 20 July 2009
This review is from: LEGO Battles (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
My 9 year old thinks this is the best of all the lego games. He particularly likes the wide selection of characters and their abilities. There are 90 levels, each has its own objective. Often this will be to discover objects as part of a puzzle, not just straightforward defeat the baddies every time. Each 'world' is quite different. For example, Aliens -Crash landing on Mars and escaping, Knights - Defending your kingdom from the Wizard and his Army, Pirates - Search for map clues and find the treasure.

5.0 out of 5 stars LEGO Battles, 16 Nov 2009
This review is from: LEGO Battles (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
Brought this game thinking it would be the same as the other Lego games, I was wrong but in a good way. My son is 7 years old and wasnt that keen as it took some getting use to, but I picked it up and could not put it down. This game takes me back to the good old days of games such as command & conquer, if you like a game that needs a bit of thought this game is for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars My 6 year old son won't stop playing this!, 19 Sep 2011
This review is from: LEGO Battles (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
This is a very short review - my son adores this game! It is therefore a very good buy in my opinion!

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems to hit the spot, 2 Jan 2012
T. Jeffery (Wilts., UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LEGO Battles (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
My 7 year old son choose this with some Christmas money, and a week on he is still captivated - and I have to admit that it has sucked me in once or twice and I've found that I've played it for a couple of hours before I knew it! So far, a hit with 7 year old son and 9 year old daughter.

It is a fairly basic 'strategy' game, building a colony of fighting forces and buildings to support them. Nothing more complex than something that I had on my phone a couple of years ago, but well executed and with more scope than a phone game. The gameplay is more limited and the graphics are a lot more basic than I had expected, and certainly less than the other Lego games which have nicely-rendered 3D environments. But there is freedom in the way that the game can be played, and I think that that is good in itself. For fans of the other Lego games (we have Lego Harry Potter and Pirates of the Caribbean on DS), it might be worth noting that this game lacks the humour that is the hallmark of the Lego games.

We had been looking forwards to multiplayer until we realized that we would need two gamecards, rather than being able to do a wireless download as you can with Mariokarts. Bit of a disappointment; I might see if I can pick up a 2nd copy of the game but wouldn't consider paying full price just for the potential to play head to head - but I can see that it would be interesting to play a strategy game against my children that is more entertaining than 'Blockus'.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lego Battles, 3 Dec 2010
This review is from: LEGO Battles (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
Even though this is not one of the newest Lego DS games, my eight year old son enjoyes playing the game, - and allthough he has many other DS games, Lego Battles is one of the games most frekvently in use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lego wars, 10 Aug 2009
A Kid's Review
This review is from: LEGO Battles (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
I am 10 yrs old and the main object of the game is to battle Lego people but its great and I would definetly recommend to any child interested in Lego.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun game, 11 Oct 2011
This review is from: LEGO Battles (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
An exciting game with enough challenges to make it interesting. Have played it a lot since it arrived and not bored yet.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lego Battles DS, 22 July 2009
Mark Ruthven "Ruf Enuff" (Hailsham, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LEGO Battles (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
Both myself and my seven year old son cannot put this game down. Is great to play alone and even better with two DS's. Is full of lego madness which entertains through out the many various missions. Is simple to learn and gets progressively harder as you play. If you cannot read books on holiday and wish to immerse yourself in the wonderful world of lego, this should be your game of choice.

3.0 out of 5 stars Be mindful of the age recommendation, 2 Mar 2012
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: LEGO Battles (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
This Lego DS game has a Pegi rating of 7. This is about content and graphics of the game, which is kind of like a mini Ages of Empire. However the tactics within it would be very difficult for a 7 year old to achieve with quite difficult objectives to carry out by following a logical process. There is also lots of reading as well which might put off the younger player (or encourage, depending on the child). In reality this game should be purchased by over 10s who have a little bit more understanding of battle movements. You can play this game with your child, by sitting next to them, but the chances are that you will play the game, and they will enjoy the Lego graphics which are cute. In truth, buy Age of Empires if you like this kind of thing and buy your kid a more appropriate Lego game they can actually play.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Lego Battles, 16 Feb 2010
R. Hutchinson - See all my reviews
This review is from: LEGO Battles (Nintendo DS) (Video Game)
I bought this for my 7 year old for Christmas - its labeled 7+ so I knew it would be tricky. He found it hard to understand - but soon his cousin (11years) and I couldn't put it down!! Once we had taught him the basics he really enjoyed it - then once we found the spells, we were off. Not just a pick up and put down game - some of them take over half an hour to complete.

LEGO Battles (Nintendo DS)
LEGO Battles (Nintendo DS) by Warner Bros. Interactive (Nintendo DS)