You buy these so you can download games on the Wii and DSi, you need internet access or wifi to be able to do this.

Games look okay, best games cost more points, you can get a couple of average games for 500 each.

Worth noting If you buy points direct on the Wii and DSi rather than a card it is cheaper, nine pounds on the DSi for 1000 points and seven pounds for a 1000 points on the Wii.

Card is ideal if you want to buy it as a gift.
on 10 May 2011
I bought this card as I did not want to use my credit card details. It is easy enough to use - you rub off the silver stuff on the card to reveal the code and enter the code on Wii Shop to add the points. Most games appear to cost 1000 points. I bought Monkey Island Chapter 1 with it.
The card itself is credit card sized and came with a lot of documentation about it. The price was reasonable compared to some video game shops.
on 16 May 2015
Using the points on this Nintendo Points Card, I have bought some of the most awesomest games that can only be found on the Wii Shop Channel including Puyo Puyo Tsu! Overall, the Nintendo Points Card was a great buy and would recommend this product to everyone who wants to have some fun!
on 3 April 2015
Want to give it 0 I received it today I entered the code in my dsi it said error different region code but the code is from my region on the box it says Europe England so why is it not working we are a regular customer and can not trust Amazon again I cried for it.
on 19 July 2012
what a con this is! bought this for my daughter as it clearly stated in the title description of the product that it was compatible with the 3ds, when it arrived there was a sticker on the front saying it was not compatible with the 3ds!! i am not happy. do not buy this if you want it for the 3ds. only compatible with the wii or dsi.
on 29 November 2011
Instead of buying the games, for a change decided to buy the points card for my daughter so she could choose herself... But was disapointed that it could not upload because after attempts it said the card did not match the region- I wish I had known that before spending! otherwise the package and delivery was fine but the product information does not say anything on nintendo ds region compatability.
on 20 May 2012
I purchased two of these cards to use with my new Nintendo 3DS - considering it safer than giving out my credit card details. Sadly, it wasn't until they arrived that I found out that they couldn't be used - they only work with Nintendo Wii and DSi. This is despite the fact that the games I wanted to purchase, for my 3DS, were old DSi downloads. This information wasn't mentioned anywhere on the product's on-line description or in any of the literature supplied with my 3DS.

Nintendo gives no good reason why they've changed points cards. I suspect it is a sleezy move to con people into buying the wrong cards - in effect giving the company free money.

For those of you needing a points card for your 3DS look elsewhere.
on 7 July 2015
Low priced
on 18 October 2013
would be 5 its just i though these were nintendo points for pc.. (Nintendo DS/Wii) but i though mybe it might work i dono theres a site where u can earn points and buy stuff like that fluffy coin bag thing..
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 February 2011
What can I say, you buy a points card (you could use your credit card but this was a gift) log on the the nintendo site and purchase a game you can download. Hardly exciting, much like any other gift token.

See one answered question