4.0 out of 5 stars Factual and interesting
I'm interested in events that took place in and around the Ypres salient in WW1. I bought this book to assist me in research before going to Ypres and whilst there (in a camper). We stayed for 3 days and realised that it wasn't enough.
The book made it clear what happened during the 1st battle and we used it to do a cycle tour of the historic places of interest...
Published on 15 Dec. 2009 by Chocky 1948

2.0 out of 5 stars A bit lame
Goes into a lot of detail and good if you want to know all about the battle, but useless if using the guide to travel to the region which we did and explore the area. Local maps are far better.
Published on 11 May 2009 by Mr. Barry J. Hanson

4.0 out of 5 stars Factual and interesting, 15 Dec. 2009
Since our visit I have bought Major Holt's book and map, during 2010 we will re-visit Ypres for our second visit to dig a bit deeper into the area.
If you are going to Ypres and are interested in WW1 I recommend this book, it contains many photos, battle maps and essential information.

4.0 out of 5 stars FIRST YPRES, 17 Aug. 2012
Not a bad background to the campaign. This was enough background before I go on a battlefield tour. Maps OK but not as good as oyther Osprey books. Good ilustrations.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 9 July 2014
Excellent reference work . . . Very useful for Great War Centenary projects. Art work somewhat naive.

2.0 out of 5 stars A bit lame, 11 May 2009

Campaign 058 - First Ypres, 1914 (Campaign Ser.)
Campaign 058 - First Ypres, 1914 (Campaign Ser.) (Unknown Binding - 1 Jan. 1999)
Used & New from: £6.96