on 30 December 2012
The product is generally well made but cannot be put together by an 8 year old. A 12 year old might achieve this so if you buy this product expect to give some parental help. I helped my grandson by building the more complicated items then calling him to the work table to fit the parts together. Once built it worked first time and provided some fun as it scuttled across the floor.
The technical details of the product tell you it requires two "AA" batteries. This is incorrect as it needs two ‘AAA’ batteries.
on 30 December 2009
This Robot is Brilliant. You might have to give it a little push if yours dosn't work. I would recomend this to everyone.
on 3 March 2011
We bought the Great Gizmos Brush Robot as a birthday present for our son's eighth birthday. We enjoyed making it; my son was helped by his sister, aged eleven and we think that most children aged nine and younger would need a similar secondary school helper or an adult to help them make it because it is challenging, particularly the final connection of the motor. You need to make sure you have the required two AAA batteries. The system works via vibration and it is interesting to explore how it works on different surfaces. What impressed me was that it was not just the build and scientific aspects of the set that gave play value but the characterisation of the toy also encouraged my son to build a house for `Timmy' and engage in imaginative play. All in all, this represents good value for money.
My son says that the coolest thing about it is the sound of the motor `because it sounds lively and in letters it would be zzzzzzzz' but there `are plenty of other good things. When you try to turn the switch on for the first time is the most exciting because you don't know if it will work and the first time for us we failed but we kept on trying and finally we reached our goal. Get the brush robot because it's fun!'
on 8 May 2012
Bought this for my 6-year old who is fanatical about electro-gadgets in their many facets. He put it together in no time and seemed to derive some fun from it though 2 days later, the poor robot was all but forgotten. So, though I'm giving it 4 stars for the fun aspect, this and a few other robots in similar class will not hold the attention of kids who are very familiar with how things work.
on 28 March 2013
Bought this for my five year old daughter. She checked off the components against the instructions and then proceeded to build it. She only needed help to screw the screws into the plastic as she didn't have the necessary strength.

It worked first time and has the most delightful way of drifting around the floor in an inquisitive manner. The googly eyes give it a lot of character as well. Most effective on a hard floor.
on 3 May 2010
Our daughter asked for electronic toys for her 7th birthday, and I saw this as an opportunity for her to build her own simple robot. The BrushBot (as we call it) was just what I was looking for. Its visually appealing, the instructions are clear, the parts were all there, and it didn't take long for us to build together, so she didn't lose interest in it before it was complete and ready to play with. My daughter was proud of the work she had done, and she could even share it with her younger sister; we found that if you pull the brush down so the toy tilts forward slightly one can push it in a fairly straight line, so they had a game of 'catch' as they pushed it towards each other across the floor. It functions on hard surfaces only, and its pretty noisy, but the vibrations do give it that sense of being alive, as if she'd built her own busy little pet. Quite charming!
on 10 January 2013
Children can learn a lot through putting this together, with a lot of help from an adult or two. It is very educational if the instructions are followed closely step by step. Results are great on a smooth surface/floor. A really fun toy.
on 22 August 2012
Good interactive toy, built with 2 nephews age 8 and 5. A bit fiddley in parts (small screws etc) but enough to get them involved too. Works exactly as it says on the box, much to the amusement and delight of the nephews. Won't be played with too much now that it's built, the construction was the main thing really but worth it for that alone.
on 10 October 2012
Simple learning and fun toy. Not long term fun though, child will get bored. Cheap enough couple of days wonder
on 31 December 2010
Lots of fun when you look how it works:) but not that easy to assembly by a kid. Anyway good product