5.0 out of 5 stars Great Gizmos Brush Robot

Published 21 months ago by mike65

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Gizmos Brush Robot, 3 May 2010
This review is from: 4M Brush Robot (Toy)
Our daughter asked for electronic toys for her 7th birthday, and I saw this as an opportunity for her to build her own simple robot. The BrushBot (as we call it) was just what I was looking for. Its visually appealing, the instructions are clear, the parts were all there, and it didn't take long for us to build together, so she didn't lose interest in it before it was complete and ready to play with. My daughter was proud of the work she had done, and she could even share it with her younger sister; we found that if you pull the brush down so the toy tilts forward slightly one can push it in a fairly straight line, so they had a game of 'catch' as they pushed it towards each other across the floor. It functions on hard surfaces only, and its pretty noisy, but the vibrations do give it that sense of being alive, as if she'd built her own busy little pet. Quite charming!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Brush Bot, 30 Dec 2009
A Kid's Review
This review is from: 4M Brush Robot (Toy)
This Robot is Brilliant. You might have to give it a little push if yours dosn't work. I would recomend this to everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun with the brush robot!, 3 Mar 2011
This review is from: 4M Brush Robot (Toy)
We bought the Great Gizmos Brush Robot as a birthday present for our son's eighth birthday. We enjoyed making it; my son was helped by his sister, aged eleven and we think that most children aged nine and younger would need a similar secondary school helper or an adult to help them make it because it is challenging, particularly the final connection of the motor. You need to make sure you have the required two AAA batteries. The system works via vibration and it is interesting to explore how it works on different surfaces. What impressed me was that it was not just the build and scientific aspects of the set that gave play value but the characterisation of the toy also encouraged my son to build a house for `Timmy' and engage in imaginative play. All in all, this represents good value for money.
My son says that the coolest thing about it is the sound of the motor `because it sounds lively and in letters it would be zzzzzzzz' but there `are plenty of other good things. When you try to turn the switch on for the first time is the most exciting because you don't know if it will work and the first time for us we failed but we kept on trying and finally we reached our goal. Get the brush robot because it's fun!'

3.0 out of 5 stars Difficult but fun, 30 Dec 2012
This review is from: 4M Brush Robot (Toy)
The product is generally well made but cannot be put together by an 8 year old. A 12 year old might achieve this so if you buy this product expect to give some parental help. I helped my grandson by building the more complicated items then calling him to the work table to fit the parts together. Once built it worked first time and provided some fun as it scuttled across the floor.
The technical details of the product tell you it requires two "AA" batteries. This is incorrect as it needs two ‘AAA’ batteries.

4.0 out of 5 stars Gizmo Robot, 8 May 2012
This review is from: 4M Brush Robot (Toy)
Bought this for my 6-year old who is fanatical about electro-gadgets in their many facets. He put it together in no time and seemed to derive some fun from it though 2 days later, the poor robot was all but forgotten. So, though I'm giving it 4 stars for the fun aspect, this and a few other robots in similar class will not hold the attention of kids who are very familiar with how things work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant little robot!, 28 Mar 2013
This review is from: 4M Brush Robot (Toy)
Bought this for my five year old daughter. She checked off the components against the instructions and then proceeded to build it. She only needed help to screw the screws into the plastic as she didn't have the necessary strength.

It worked first time and has the most delightful way of drifting around the floor in an inquisitive manner. The googly eyes give it a lot of character as well. Most effective on a hard floor.

4.0 out of 5 stars A lot of fun, 10 Jan 2013
This review is from: 4M Brush Robot (Toy)
Children can learn a lot through putting this together, with a lot of help from an adult or two. It is very educational if the instructions are followed closely step by step. Results are great on a smooth surface/floor. A really fun toy.

4.0 out of 5 stars A, 10 Oct 2012
This review is from: 4M Brush Robot (Toy)
Simple learning and fun toy. Not long term fun though, child will get bored. Cheap enough couple of days wonder

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting, 31 Dec 2010
Kaila (Lincolnshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 4M Brush Robot (Toy)
Lots of fun when you look how it works:) but not that easy to assembly by a kid. Anyway good product

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting to build and funny to see going, 21 Oct 2013
This review is from: 4M Brush Robot (Toy)
I am not used to this sort of stuff, but enjoyed helping my 11 year old build this. The instructions are clear and easy to follow, although I don't think he could have managed alone. It is really good when it's going too, but it doesn't help with the housework!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›