5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!!!!
I got this CD for Mother's Day, and now that I've read that these songs were for Ronan's mother who died of cancer makes it all the more special. I love every song on this CD - it's not often that I get a CD where I like all the songs. It's brilliant - don't hesitate to buy this CD.
Published on 28 Mar 2009 by G. Kemp

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but it is what it says it is and no more.
An excellent collecttion of songs for Ronan's mother and sung in his delightful and beautifully produced 'studio' voice. If you are missing some of the tracks this is a good buy. Do not expect anything new! Otherwise a delight.
Published on 25 Jan 2010 by Edmund

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!!!!, 28 Mar 2009
G. Kemp - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars MY MOM WOULD HAVE LOVED IT!, 29 Mar 2009
Daniel L. Miller "Collector Dude" (Toledo, Ohio USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Songs For My Mother (Audio CD)
Ronan Keating is an extremely talented individual. I have been a fan for many years from his work with BOYZONE as well as all of his solo releases!
He's a great peformer who unfortunately is not even recognized here in the US. I realize the taste in music tends to differ here! I have passed on much of his work to friends who had never heard of him and they too are now fans!
I lost my Mother from Alzehimer's disease this past summer and respect Ronan for this release dedicated to his Mom! My Mother would have LOVED
this CD! The songs that he picked were great and sung with his voice, could NOT be done wrong! Some individuals may find the music slightly boring (most are slow tempo) and prefer his more upbeat "rock" tunes.
Please give this music a try! It's nice to see this side of Ronan as well!
As for his new work with BOYZONE...it "ROCKS"
I truely wish others here in the States would come to appreciate this
great artist!
Thanks Ronan for more great music and will continue to be your fan looking
forward to more great releases from you in the future!

4.0 out of 5 stars Not Bland - Know the Reason Fot It, 26 Feb 2009
Diane M DeMore "Griet1665" (Austin, TX United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Songs For My Mother (Audio CD)
To the above poster - If you understood this album you would know why the covers are on it. This CD is Ronan's tribute to his mother (who died of cancer when he was 19) It is a compilation of her favorite songs or songs she sang around the house, or to him, as he was growing up. He also redid his personal "This Is Your Song" that is a dedicatuon to her. Please know what you are talking about before you speak.

As for covers, Ronan, or his friends, have written 70 of the songs on his CD and several you may think are covers he actually recorded first. (ex: When You Say Nothing At All, The Long Goodbye)

If you do not like music such as comes from Ronan, Boyzone, Take That, Westlife, etc. Don't purchase it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great piece of work, 24 Mar 2009
This review is from: Songs For My Mother (Audio CD)
Beautiful. I think this is one of those CD's you just won't get tired of, even after you've played it 250 times.
His voice sounds amazing - very warm, soft, and yet strong. As for his vocal range, I think he is very good - his vocals put most other chart singers to shame.
The orchestra sounds fantastic as well. 'Both Sides Now' and 'This is your Song' are two tracks that really stand out.

Ronan, go ahead and spread your wings again - you are too good for boybands.

Finally, I wish people wouldn't "review" albums they haven't even heard. If you're into indie or metal - don't bother to write about pop albums.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing man, 27 Feb 2009
Sandra Day - See all my reviews
This review is from: Songs For My Mother (Audio CD)
I think you are very insensitive with your commment - This album means a lot to Ronan and as stated it is full of his monthers favourite songs and songs that helped him through the grieving process in losing his mum.

It is released in time for mother days as his tribute to her because imagine how you would feel on mothers day if you had lost your mother!

I think the man is an inspiration!

Think before you comment!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but it is what it says it is and no more., 25 Jan 2010
This review is from: Songs For My Mother (MP3 Download)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Album, 29 April 2009
This review is from: Songs For My Mother (Audio CD)
Very beautiful album.well done Ronan such a lovely tribute to your dear Mum.I too lost my mum to cancer two years ago and the emotions are still there, you never forget a dear mum,the songs are so emotional.I absolutely love the album and have played it all the time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ronan Keating CD, 29 April 2009
E. Scicluna "il Malti" (hampshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Songs For My Mother (Audio CD)
This was a purchase request from my wife and she was more than happy with the CD which was competitively priced with a great selection from Ronan's songs. It was delivered according to plan and satisfied with the service that Amazon provides, as usual.

4.0 out of 5 stars very good!, 28 April 2009
This review is from: Songs For My Mother (Audio CD)
I have played this cd many times, with my favourite song on the album "both sides now" and "the wild mountain thyme". Both sides now is such an emotional song!

4.0 out of 5 stars Mums Are Beautiful, 23 April 2009
Ms. H. Walsh (Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Songs For My Mother (Audio CD)
I am not a fan of Ronan Keating but the songs on this album are so so beautiful. They are well chosen and well executed by him. I've just been listening to "Mama's Arms" and find myself crying because my darling mum died in February of this year. I miss her terribly and can do nothing about the missing. However it helps to be able to listen to music like this particularly when it has been recorded by someone who has also lost his mother.

Songs For My Mother