on 18 June 2012
These two albums represent, in my view, the "purest" Shadows albums. I say this because of the straightforward clear production and the group in their most accomplished line-up with John Rostill on bass. To replace your worn-out vinyl with an original CD would probably neccessitate going abroad & paying an enormous price but the Amazon download is ridiculously cheap, easy, and of excellent quality. One tip, on the download store the double download here appears to be cheaper than the single "Sound of the Shadows" download.
on 27 March 2013
This is a double - containing the Shadows 3rd and 4th albums from the early 60's, when the Shadows were at their best. I have had the vinyl copies from back then so it was time I updated. I would have given 4 stars because I do not think the sound quality of the MP3 versions is as good as i remember from the original albums but the musical content is just so good it has to be 5 stars.
First class recording at an unbelievable price. Well worth the money. This recording is a must for all Shadows fans.
on 10 March 2015
Very pleased to add these to my collection as my vinyl albums went into a charity shop in Australia.
on 7 July 2014
As a Shadows fan this cd ranks as one of my favourites to add to my large collection