4.0 out of 5 stars Mellow and timeless
I'm not a great country and western fan but this is exceptional. Music that has aged beautifully, Glen has a mellow voice and the lightest of guitar touches. A lovely albumn
Published on 18 July 2009 by Ms. Lynda Cartner

Published on 13 Feb. 2013 by Mike the Fish

4.0 out of 5 stars Mellow and timeless, 18 July 2009
Ms. Lynda Cartner (Bedhampton, Hampshire) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful tracks, 28 Jan. 2010
This review is from: Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
Every track on this original recording is fantastic, Glen has a beautiful voice, I play this cd over & over

5.0 out of 5 stars glen campbell greatest hits, 13 Jun. 2010
P. Moore "pamhome2" (Newcastle on Tyne, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
this cd was purchased as a gift for my mother who has been a fan of glen campbell for many years, she is very happy with the cd and fully recommends it, excellent quality and has all her favourites on it.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Reinstone Cowboy, 21 Dec. 2011
I. H. Hunter - See all my reviews
This review is from: Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
I have been a fan of Glen Campbell since the 1960's and have got some of his earlier albums. I went to see him live at the City Hall in Newcastle this october, which was his final tour. He still has a great voice when you consider that he is 75, and this is the first time I have seen him live. He did all the old numbers and some off his last album 'GHOST ON THE CANVAS'. So I went and bought this album, together with 'MEET GLEN CAMPBELL'. Both are excellent and deserve a 5 star rating. I wish Glen all the best for the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Glen Campbell's Greatest Hits, 29 Jan. 2012
June Doll "June" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
I have always liked Glen Campbell's voice and many of his songs, but somehow I had never bought one of his albums. I decided to rectify this and bought his latest album "Ghost on the Canvas" together with his Greatest Hits album. This contains all his greatest songs - Wichita Lineman, Rhinestone Cowboy, Galveston, By the Time I get to Phoenix, and many others. Altogether this is a great album - beautiful songs, beautifully sung. Glen is now 75 and has alzheimer's disease so is unlikely to be making more music, so its important that we appreciate and remember all the wonderful music that he has made in the past. Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars I didn't like Glen Campbell until....., 25 July 2012
This review is from: Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
Everyone knows "Wichita Lineman"and "Rhinestone Cowboy".
But have you REALLY listened to them?
I hadn't and was anti C&W big time, Folk and Metal were my favourites. Then I heard "Ghost On The Canvas" and was blown away.
This totally changed my perception of Glen Campbell.
Now I'm listening to his earlier work and picking out nuances I'd never heard before. This is one AWESOME singer! He can croon your socks right out of the bedroom one minute and the next sets you down with "Southern Nights". If that track was done by Adele it would be a number one. No kidding. But it's done by a C&W singer by the name of Glen Campbell and most people will ignore it. More fool them.
Please, don't be fooled, this guy is superb. And that's a Folk and Metal fan saying so.
So many of the tracks will take you back to a more gentler time, when running down a hill in your bare feet was a thrill. Rolling over and over into the surf at the beach was a dare. When you could go out on your pushbike all day with your friends and no one worried. Getting back Home just at twilight was no big problem, all you got from your Mum and Dads was "Had a good day? Dinners on the table."
Whatever happened to those fantastic innocent days?
Ah me! Listen to this and relive those days. Best done with a cold glass of lemonade in the garden on a hot day. Childhood was never so good!
The music just says it all. LISTEN...... And enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars glen campbell greatest hits 2009 cd, 1 May 2012
R. Gillett (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
Glen's music and the tracks on this very good compilation are a matter of personal taste. I love the majority of them. However, the sound quality of the remastering on this recording is excellent and makes previous releases sound very thin and without presence.

5.0 out of 5 stars GLEN AT HIS FINEST, 18 July 2009
Mr. Nicholas R. Muller (london england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
THIS CD OF GLENS IS A GREAT ONE YOU HAVE ALL HIS BEST SONGS HERE SUCH AS RHINESTONE COWBOY [PROBERLEY HIS BEST KNOWEN AND EVERYBODYS FAVORITE] ALONG WITH HIS OTHER GREATS SUCH AS GENTLE ON MY MIND/ WICHITA LINESMAN/ AHD NOT FORGETING THE GREAT SONG THAT WAS USED FOR THE JOHN WAYNE FILM TRUE GRIT IN WHICH HE ALSO APPEARED IN. THIS CD HAS FIVE NUMBER ONES AND MANY MORE OF HIS WELL KNOWEN SONGS HE HAS A MELLOW AND CHARMING VOICE THAT I AM SURE YOU COME TO LIKE [I SAW HIM LIVE IN CONCERT IN 2009 HE WAS OUTSTANDING] IF YOU ARE A FAN OF GLENS THIS IS THE CD FOR YOU [ MY ALL TIME FAVORITE SONG ON THIS BY GLEN CAMPBELL IS GENTLE ON MY MIND A TRUE CLASSIC]

3.0 out of 5 stars Worthwhile remixes, but terrible sound quality on the recent recordings, 13 Feb. 2013
This review is from: Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
A remixed greatest hits could be awful - it's not. All the remixes seem to be assembled from the original multi-tracks, not a contemporary beat to be heard, and they work very well. There's a welcome & significant increase in the bottom end: more bass, more kick drum - and more percussion in general in the mix. My initial thought was that the remixes were over compressed, but to be honest, after comparing to the original mixes on an old CD I've got to say I they sound fairly similar for dynamics. However, the last two tracks are from Meet Glen Campbell and sound truly awful: way, way, way overcompressed. What a rediculous trend to take hold in the music industry.

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth it for the classics, 12 Jun. 2010
This review is from: Greatest Hits (Audio CD)
A bit too country for me over all and rather cheesy in places... but 'Wichita Lineman' is just awesome and the reason I bought the album. Add in 'By the time I get to Phoenix' and 'Galveston' and this makes it an album worth having. You can always skip past the cheese... although you might just find you get into it!

Greatest Hits