5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, efficient product !
Published on 31 Jan 2010 by C. Thomas

Published on 25 Jun 2009 by Mr. T. White

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, efficient product !, 31 Jan 2010
C. Thomas (East Midlands, U.K.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Black Adjustable 6 Levels Protector USB Cooling Cooler Laptop 3 Fans Pad with 4 USB 2.0 Ports for Sony HP Dell Samsung Toshiba Acer,Advent Compaq,Packard Bell
Have been using this product with my Samsung R520 laptop for 2 months now. It is very efficient in keeping the laptop cool. The fans are quiet and are powered from the laptop by a mini usb cable (supplied). The laptop pad is 'angle' adjustable and can be used on the lap or on a table as the feet have protective pads. Very good value for the price, don't be put off by the Chinese writing on the box when it arrives, I have no complaints with mine at all. The additional 4 usb ports on the stand are a bonus also.

5.0 out of 5 stars IF YOU INTEND TO BUY, THEN READ THIS!, 10 Aug 2009
Mr. R. Hubbuck "Big Rik" (England and Cyprus) - See all my reviews
I had read a good handful of reviews on laptop coolers, but decided to buy this one.

My initial thoughts when it arrived were not positive; the box had English and Chinese (Japanese?) writing all over it, so I thought I had bought something naff,but to be fair - for the price - there is nothing wrong with this tool, whatsoever.

The build quality is not the best, although it is sturdy and the 3 fans are excellent for my 15" HP laptop; they do just the job, cooling my laptop down. Incidentally, I live in Cyprus, so that laptop fan was working very hard to keep the 'insides' cool!

There are no instructions (as described on the box), so I was a bit miffed when I plugged it in (USB connection - no mains power required) and it didn't work; that's because THE ON/OFF SWITCH IS LOCATED CENTRALLY, AT THE FRONT. There are three settings, off, on and one in the middle, but that doesn't seem to do anything.

All-in-all, I am very happy with the purchase and unless you are a person who is more into the asthetics of things, then I am sure you will be happy with this particular product too!

4.0 out of 5 stars Works with my Mac, 13 Jan 2010
Gadget Fan (London) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Length:: 1:59 Mins

This is not a top class bit of kit, but it does get the job done. Yes it is made from cheap plastic, and yes it is not the best looking thing, but it does work. If you are a MacBook user, the additional USB ports are very handy, as there are only 2 on my MacBook Pro. The fans seem to keep my mac cool, they do make a bit of a noise, similar to normal desktop pc, but quieter than when my mac goes into over-drive. The stand works well enough and is adjustable, although if you take your laptop off too quickly it can jump out of its position.

I've been using this for about month without any problems, and it does get used everyday.

5.0 out of 5 stars happy, 2 Dec 2009
B. Gibbs (uk) - See all my reviews
I bought this cooler for my net book as it gets very hot and after a while is uncomfortable to use. I did wonder if I was wasting my money, if it was really going to work, also how would i find using the net book on a angle, well I needn't have worried this cooler stand is great 10/10 it sits firmly on your lap, Keeps the unit cool, and i haven't found it hard to type on a angle when on the first level, it looks good too my book sits on it all the time now keeping it out of harms way This unit is great I'd buy it again if I needed to well worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job - wouldn't waste money on a more expensive one, 6 Feb 2010
Ms. V. Walmsley (UK) - See all my reviews
This stand completely does the job. I didn't really need the fans, just the stand to raise the level of my laptop screen. This does exactly what I need it to do - you don't need to buy anything OTT or expensive - this raises the level of my laptop screen up to a more comfortable viewing position and feels sturdy enough that I trust it to hold my (15"6) laptop securely.

Would definitely recommend to others.

UPDATE:
After using this for a few months, my laptop started slipping off the stand which was both annoying and worrying (in case it slipped off whilst I wasn't around and damaged my laptop). So I invested in a Sakura - Non Slip Dashboard Mat from Amazon which works a treat. I would definitely recommend people buy both of these at the same time.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works well but a word of warning..., 25 Mar 2010
G. McCready (Belfast) - See all my reviews
Product works well in cooling down my 17 inch Acer - unfortunately the laptop itself is a little too big for the cooler and needs something propped up behind it to stop it wobbling all over the place when typing. Otherwise, highly recommended, very quiet in use and an instant improvement in the laptops performance.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Product!, 27 Nov 2009
Brilliant Product! I can now run high performace games with my laptop being cold to the touch!
Performace increase is also noticable as the system no longer has to lower the CPU speeds and graphics performance
to cool the system.

Definatly A great buy!

2.0 out of 5 stars Can't fault the service. It's the "cooler" which barely cools my laptop at all..., 25 Jun 2009
Mr. T. White (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
I agree with the other review *only* insofar as the service of BV Electronics was very good. Otherwise, the laptop 'cooler' was a complete waste of money on my Sony Vaio. Here's why - 5 hours after leaving the alleged 'cooler' running, my laptop is just as hot as ever. In other words, I could almost burn my hand on the laptop's underside despite the cooler's running with its three fans in constant action. So no change there then. Shame it doesn't work at significantly cooling, as the price is excellent and it does give an almost reassuringly quiet hum in action. Also, even if it did work well, the fans are quite low on the bottom of the unit and not protected from e.g. a duvet - which would instantly stop the fans from whirring. Lastly, even if you choose not to believe my review, and it's a free world so for all you know I'm the village idiot, please note that this is just about a good size for my Vaio Fe laptop, which has a 15.4 inch screen.

In summary as a cooler this item barely does anything worthy of the term "cooler" and so I give it 2/5 stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best laptop pad I've used yet!, 14 Jan 2012
Not sure why this has any negative reviews; out of the three laptop pads I have tried, this one is by far the best. It is fitted with 3 fans to provide great cooling and actually produces surprisingly little noise considering the power of the fans. As an added bonus it can be altered if you wish to have your laptop elevated but I have found it functions perfectly well when flat. This is not a good pad if you are thinking of a cooling pad for your lap but if like me you want to keep your laptop cooled while on a flat surface this is by far the best product to use. I don't understand those who have complained this is 'flimsy' as it is made of light plastic but is solid enough to take a decent beating. If you want a laptop pad for a desk or table, this is your best choice.

1.0 out of 5 stars Good ideas, poorly executed, 9 Sep 2012
chrisn7 (W Yorks, England) - See all my reviews
I thought this item was worth a go at the price, but don't waste your money. The principle of the design is good - its just poorly made.The main issue is that it is hinged at the back, and the four hinges break off very easily as they are too flimsy for the weight of the laptop.Its then useless as the plastic does not glue easily either. One of the blades in a USB port was also twisted so that it was impossible to insert a plug...