on 10 March 2012
The practice calligraph pad displayed in the advertisement is green in colour, which I have purchased before, from a different supplier, and the quality of the paper for calligraphy is superb. But "Artifolk" sent me a pad with a red cover, and to my disappointment the quality of the paper was much inferior, my fine nib calligraph pen sticks on the surface of the paper, which is no better quality than A4 printer paper which I can buy in Pound shops.
I decided to cut my losses returning the pad for refund, and use it instead in my copier/printer, and buy a quality item elsewhere.

I suspect that "Artifolk" are not conversant with the merchandise they are selling, however I have made a note not to chance doing any further business with them!
Mike, Glasgow.
on 23 October 2015
The paper is of decent quality but if, like me, you are expecting a lined pad to practice on (rather than a blank pad with one lined page at the front), I'd save your money. Really expensive for what it is, in my opinion. If you log in to Pinterest and search 'calligraphy practice printables' there are loads of lined sheets that you can print to practice on. If you are just wanting good quality plain paper, perhaps go for this.

Not worth sending it back, but I'm quite disappointed.
on 16 January 2015
Had I known it's a plain pad with only one printed page, I wouldn't have bought it.
on 20 January 2011
Well, I am satisfied the purchase, but...
The papper is a bit better quality than usual copy paper, but I could live without it.
The supplied lettering guide could be found in any calligraphy book.
on 30 March 2016
I purchased this as a gift for someone and I have been told that it is fine and they were surprised and happy with the items

I brought this part of a package with a book and calligraphy pen set.

This was purchased for a beginner to calligraphy so this is probably ideal for someone in that sort of section and not for a medium/expert sort of calligrapher according to the previous reviews.
on 12 October 2015
Waste of money. It's just a plain paper pad with a guide sheet which is almost impossible to see through the paper. Useless I expected a pre-
printed pad with lines on every sheet,
on 28 December 2015
It only fits one nib size (about 2mm) but all pre-lined papers suffer from that drawback. It would be better if there were also vertical guides, and even a faint angle for italic. That being said, it is cheap and you can at least practice getting all letters the same size. When you progress you will probably start lining up your own paper.
on 5 March 2014
I would have preferred lines to be printed on pages and not blanks. I ordered this for an 8 year old and expected a lined pad!
on 25 November 2011
"A manuscript Calligraphy Pad" that is the description and that it what it is! No frills just a pad to practice calligraphy on, it serves this purpose admirably I did not expect anything else!
on 26 July 2013
Ok product I think a little price compared to other choices in shops. Product ok I bought for grid sheet but wasn't too impressed with it. Will spend a little Moore for much better quality next time.

See one answered question