on 26 March 2010
This product is clearly not 150 Micron. When we received the Cathedral "150 Micron Laminating Pouches" we were very disappointed at the resultant flimsy and fragile lamination, even when using medium-heavy weight paper. We compared this product to laminating pouches made by Fellowes and were astounded to see that one Fellowes 125 Micron A5 pouch - supposedly thinner and half the size - was almost the SAME weight as the Cathedral 150 Micron A4 pouch. The Fellowes 125 Micron A5 pouch weighed 10g. The Cathedral 150 Micron A4 pouch weighed 11g. We then bought some Fellowes 125 Micron A4 pouches, and compared the weight. The Fellowes one weighed 19g, compared to the 11g Cathedral one. When purchased as a box of 250, the Fellowes pouches are actually each less expensive than these Cathedral ones, and therefore considerably better value as well as better quality. There is no comparison. The Cathedral product is not as described, and the results were deeply unsatisfactory.
99 comments|72 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 June 2009
These are very good value for money. However, they are not perfect - mine have a blob of glue or something inside which gives a slightly uneven finish. They are entirely adequate for everyday lightweight laminating jobs.
on 30 September 2014
Misleading advert in my opinion. The gauge of the individual foil is not 150 Micron but twp foils each of 75 Microns. This may be an industry standard but it not the one used by Fellowes
on 14 February 2014
I invested in a Laminator to be able to put notices on an exposed Church notice board. What I did not realise is that they only seal around the edge so if you put a drawing pin in them the rain gets in and ruins the notice very quickly (and we have had a lot of rain recently).
on 16 March 2011
I brought these pouches to use in a Pre-school and unfortunately don't stand up to lots of handling by small people as they are quite thin. Ok for posters!
on 17 August 2013
These pouches just crinkled up in my laminator. I tried several times and the same thing happened each time, and I had to take the laminator apart to get the page out. I wouldn't say the quality was great.
on 9 February 2010
Excellent product can't fault it in any way I do a lotta work using these
on 21 February 2013
I find these pouches perfect as they are the correct thickness to stick to paper, some thicker ones do not stick readily to a sheet of plain paper or card. Also the price is fantastic - thank you Amazon - and free delivery too. They arrived very quickly and a few days before the expected delivery date. Cant fault the product in any way or the service I always receive from Amazon.
on 7 August 2012
So far I have had flawless results with these pouches, I set the laminator to 150(2x75) and every page has come out perfectly. Packaged in a pretty thick card box which is good for storing the sheets.
on 18 November 2013
Very quick delivery and the pouches are more than adequate for the price. They come in 4 packs of 25 so you're not left with lots of slippery pouches sliding everywhere either.

See one answered question