5.0 out of 5 stars Laminating Pouches
Published on 9 Feb. 2010 by Mr. J. Laggan

1.0 out of 5 stars PRODUCT NOT AS DESCRIBED
Published on 26 Mar. 2010 by Guaglione Malavita

1.0 out of 5 stars PRODUCT NOT AS DESCRIBED, 26 Mar. 2010
This review is from: Laminating Pouches 150 Micron, 100 Pack, A4 (Office Product)
This product is clearly not 150 Micron. When we received the Cathedral "150 Micron Laminating Pouches" we were very disappointed at the resultant flimsy and fragile lamination, even when using medium-heavy weight paper. We compared this product to laminating pouches made by Fellowes and were astounded to see that one Fellowes 125 Micron A5 pouch - supposedly thinner and half the size - was almost the SAME weight as the Cathedral 150 Micron A4 pouch. The Fellowes 125 Micron A5 pouch weighed 10g. The Cathedral 150 Micron A4 pouch weighed 11g. We then bought some Fellowes 125 Micron A4 pouches, and compared the weight. The Fellowes one weighed 19g, compared to the 11g Cathedral one. When purchased as a box of 250, the Fellowes pouches are actually each less expensive than these Cathedral ones, and therefore considerably better value as well as better quality. There is no comparison. The Cathedral product is not as described, and the results were deeply unsatisfactory.

3.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for, 7 Jun. 2009
These are very good value for money. However, they are not perfect - mine have a blob of glue or something inside which gives a slightly uneven finish. They are entirely adequate for everyday lightweight laminating jobs.

2.0 out of 5 stars Misleading advert in my opinion. The gauge of the ..., 30 Sept. 2014
Misleading advert in my opinion. The gauge of the individual foil is not 150 Micron but twp foils each of 75 Microns. This may be an industry standard but it not the one used by Fellowes

5.0 out of 5 stars Laminating Pouches, 9 Feb. 2010
Mr. J. Laggan (UK) - See all my reviews
Excellent product can't fault it in any way I do a lotta work using these

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the best!, 16 Mar. 2011
I brought these pouches to use in a Pre-school and unfortunately don't stand up to lots of handling by small people as they are quite thin. Ok for posters!

4.0 out of 5 stars Lamination pouches, 14 Feb. 2014
I invested in a Laminator to be able to put notices on an exposed Church notice board. What I did not realise is that they only seal around the edge so if you put a drawing pin in them the rain gets in and ruins the notice very quickly (and we have had a lot of rain recently).

5.0 out of 5 stars The best pouches I've used so far!, 21 April 2014
I'm a teacher and have been tutoring students for quite a good number of years...and I also homeschool my daughter. Needless to say that I need durable materials when working with littler ones....because they would last me longer and would not need to print and reprint them all over again.

I have found the pouches really useful and never had any problem with them. I guess it depends on the amount of worksheets you would want to laminate at once...but I found them as really good value for money (and quality) and would say that I order one pack every 6-8 weeks.

4.0 out of 5 stars Happy with quality - buying again, 17 Jan. 2014
Ms. Julie R. Mountain "Jules M" (Winchester, UK) - See all my reviews
I've bought this brand before in A4 and A3. Got through the A4s pretty quickly but still have plenty of A3s. The quality of both is good (or I wouldn't be buying again) but you do have to be careful to ensure there's a consistent gap between the paper and the edge of the pouch, otherwise it won't seal properly. However I'm sure that's true with any brand. The one thing I would say about these is that there's lots of static electricity in there, so when you go to pull one pouch out of the pack, half a dozen come out! And they are a b*gger to get back in the pack!

2.0 out of 5 stars reasonable for the money, 5 July 2013
I was slightly dissappointed by the quality if i am honest. Tesco's does these in a 1/5 quantities at slightly lower micron value (130) but the quality was better.
I don't mind paying the extra if the quality is there. I had never heard about Cathedral before, and am in the market for a guillotine which they also do. But going by the quality of these pouches plus the review of said product i think sadly i will be going elsewhere. This is not reflection on the supplier though who delivered the product quickly and promptly

5.0 out of 5 stars Lamintating covers, 2 Sept. 2013
This product is very good at a very good price. I am very please as I use so many of them to protect my Beavers work.

Laminating Pouches 150 Micron, 100 Pack, A4