on 5 April 2010
I bought this as a present for my mum who loved it. Everything she wanted all in one kit and other people in her pottery class were keen to get their hands on one. It was a reasonable price for what it contained. Delivered promptly and neatly fitted through the letterbox so no trip to the sorting office was required :)
VINE VOICEon 17 October 2012
Good value for money.

Great set of tools for clay, not only for beginners, includes: wire cutter, ribbon & loop tools, two wooden tools, metal scraper/kidney tool, needle tool and a sponge.

We have exactly the same tools in the art class I attend but I felt need of having my own (clean) set...

I'm very pleased with the selection of tools, the only thing I'm missing is some kind of ribbed tool to give a texture like those Royal & Langnickel RSET-POT7 8 inch Wooden Sculpting (6 Piece) or those 8 Piece Boxwood Clay Modelling Tool Set.
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 11 August 2014
This is a real nice little set of tools for the budding potter. For this price, I was surprised to find that all the tools were well made without any unnecessary sharp edges or burrs. As a novice potter, this was the first time I used a kidney scraper - what a revelation - suddenly I was turning out beautifully curved bowls rather than my more usual wobbly efforts which got comments like "Well done dear, that's a nice platter....er.....bowl...er.....what is it for?"
on 16 November 2014
This is a generic set, available from many suppliers. Just go for the best deal for this set. The wire is way too long for taking thrown pots off the wheel - but just cutto thesizeyou need. The wooden 'throwing stick' in my kit was not as shownin the picture, which is a pity, as the one supplied is not quite as good a shape for wheel work. But overall you can't go wrong with this as a starter set, or to supplement existing tools.
on 7 March 2014
Buy these they are the cheapest i have found on the net.They are all you need to start modeling.Dont be drawn into fancy cases etc .Great set great price
on 30 September 2011
odd that the review terms refer to thsi as a toy, as it is a collection of pottery throwing tools. Still, that's what they are, and they do what it says on the tin.
However, the needle probe broke on day one.
CH
on 14 August 2013
Excellent little packet of tools, just what one would need, it even has a breif discription on what each item is used for. Very happy with this product.
on 13 January 2013
Brilliant for art workshops. Good quality. Quick delivery and well packaged. I would recommend this for use with any type of modelling clay or Plasticine...however it is wise not to cross contaminate these different media...this may seem obvious to some but I really don't think that Plasticine and clay would react well in the firing process!
on 10 January 2014
Good value functional tools, the sharps are a little dangerous for youngsters, I recommend a 'safety talk before letting children use them for the first time, and supervision by adult until you are satisfied that they are aware of how much pressure they can apply to cut the Clay without cutting themselves as the blade is un hafted
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Very good tools for a starter, the needle point tool is excellent for fine detail. The scoops were a bit redundant for the clay I used which is Dasclay (air hardening clay) and it's quite dense anyway. I would think these would be easier to use with softer kiln dry clay.

All in all good products worth every penny.