4.0 out of 5 stars Hedghog golf trolley wheel covers
Item arrived within a week - caught in Christmas post - but was easily fitted
and is working well, but there is some side-to-side movement of the covers
when in operation and I do wonder whether 3 pairs of screw fittings per wheel
will prove adequate as time progresses. However, I am complying with hedghog
wheel requirement recently introduced by...
Published on 2 Feb 2011 by michael c

3.0 out of 5 stars Golf Trolley Studded Wheel Covers
These are easy to fix to the wheels although I have put 3 extra screws each side, without the extra support the covers did slip from side to side on the wheels when wet
Published on 25 Sep 2011 by srcha

4.0 out of 5 stars Hedghog golf trolley wheel covers, 2 Feb 2011
Item arrived within a week - caught in Christmas post - but was easily fitted
and is working well, but there is some side-to-side movement of the covers
when in operation and I do wonder whether 3 pairs of screw fittings per wheel
will prove adequate as time progresses. However, I am complying with hedghog
wheel requirement recently introduced by Clevedon Golf Club.

3.0 out of 5 stars Golf Trolley Studded Wheel Covers, 25 Sep 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Hoppa wheel protectors on 11" wheels, 17 Mar 2012
Samedi (Berkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fairway Hoppa Winter Trolley 10" Wheel Protectors (Misc.)
Hoppa wheel protectors are supplied in 10" and 12" wheel sizes. My golf trolley wheels are 11" diameter so I was not sure that they would fit. But the product description for the 10" covers said that they were suitable for 9-11" diameter wheels so I went ahead and bought a set. My first reaction on receipt was that there was no way that I could get them on my wheels. However after a little thought I did manage to get them on and without too much difficulty. The fit on the 11" wheels is naturally snug and I have not used the three retaining clips - I will decide with experience if I need to retro fit them.

Fitting method: you need three tyre levers, typically ones used for motor bike tyres. I didn't have any and instead used a short crow bar ('wrecking bar') and two substantial screwdrivers. Place the trolley wheel on the ground (mine are detachable from the trolley), loop the cover on the bottom part of the wheel and anchor it in place with your feet. Insert a tyre lever at the far side of the cover and stretch it to match the wheel diameter or a little more (this is where I used the crowbar). Slide the cover down the tyre lever so that it is touching the wheel or as near to it as possible. Use the second tyre lever/screwdriver to stretch the left hand side of the cover to match the wheel diameter. Work the cover onto the left side of the rim as far as you can. While keeping a grip on the two tyre levers, insert the third tyre lever on the right side and stretch the cover towards the rim (you can actually do this with only two hands). Work the cover onto the rim. By this time it should be possible to work the whole cover onto the wheel. I did one wheel dry and the second wheel using soapy water. Both methods worked fine. The Hoppa covers seem well made and at no time did I feel that I was about to tear them.

I am very satisfied with the end result.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the wet weather, 17 Mar 2013
This review is from: Fairway Hoppa Winter Trolley 10" Wheel Protectors (Misc.)
If you are putting these on electric trolley wheels you will need to put them in hot water otherwise you will need Geoff Capes to help you!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fairway Hoppa Golf Trolley Wheels, 30 Jan 2012
Mr. J. Howell - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fairway Hoppa Winter Trolley 10" Wheel Protectors (Misc.)
The Fairway Hoppa wheels are brilliant.I have an electric Golf Trolley with plastic wheels 10" diameter.The Hoppa rubber fitted snugly over the existing wheels and was secured with the supplied plate and screws,and they only took a few minutes to fit.
I am really pleased as a lot of courses only allow hedgehog wheels in the winter
otherwise you have to carry.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple and effective, 18 April 2012
Finbar O'donovan (Sheffield UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fairway Hoppa Winter Trolley 10" Wheel Protectors (Misc.)
I was worried that these might not fit my trolley wheels as ,technically, they are only 9" .In fact, they were quickly fitted and are a good fit.No more problems with muddy ground!

1.0 out of 5 stars HOOPLA WINTER WHEEL PROTECTOR, 9 April 2014
This review is from: Fairway Hoppa Winter Trolley 10" Wheel Protectors (Misc.)
After only one month the rubber split, had to put extra screws in to prevent further splitting,
obviously not fit for purpose,

5.0 out of 5 stars Fairway Hoppa Golf Trolley Wheel Covers 10", 18 Nov 2011
This review is from: Fairway Hoppa Winter Trolley 10" Wheel Protectors (Misc.)
It seems most golf courses are now insisting on "Hedgehog" Wheels these days so I bought a set for me and another for my son. The 2 sets of wheels are of different sizes, mine 9" and my son's 9 1/2". The covers were a snug fit on both sets of wheels and the quality seems very good. The only slight problem was on the width of the clips which isn't mentioned in the adds. My wheels are a 2 7/8" wide and the clips fit great. My son's wheels are 3 1/8" wide and its a bit of a stretch for the clips. Hopefully they will be ok. I have to say the goods were despatched (at no extra cost) within hours and arrived after only 2 days. Excellent service.

1.0 out of 5 stars Wrongly advertised Product -, 26 Oct 2013
This review is from: Fairway Hoppa Winter Trolley 10" Wheel Protectors (Misc.)
The product was initially advertised to fit wheels of between 9 - 11 Inch but when the order wa printed out it said it is for 10Inch. I could not take the risk of using it for my 9Inch wheel but as it was already shipped and charged to my account (19.99) , I promptly contacted the supplier JL Golf to arrange for a return. The product came in 6 days later with second class postage. As I did not want to damage the product, it was posted back to the supplier in it's original package at my cost. To my surprise the refund was made nearly 3 weeks later and only after a reminder to Amazon AND yes JL Sports deducted a charge of 5. I find this totally a rip-off considering the item was advertised incorrectly and the fact that the product was returned intact that cost me only 2.60. I would not trust JL Sports again for any of my future purchases!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars renew every year, 23 Oct 2013
This review is from: Fairway Hoppa Winter Trolley 10" Wheel Protectors (Misc.)
I bought and fitted these last year, and probably played about twenty rounds over the winter. I removed them in april and stored them in a cupboard in the house. I started to refit them last night and noticed that both tyres are that badly cracked at every lug and between some of the holes that they just fell apart when fitting after being in hot water. It is a pity because they were very good last winter but at 19.99 a year it would make sense to buy proper wheels that last for years.