on 6 June 2013
I first sat TD perform at Oxford University in 1976 or77...a long time ago. (I bought many of their albums...still have some but nothing on which to play them!! ) The concert I remember vividly - the entire auditorium was in darkness; TD in silhouette only. The only light emanated from their amplifiers and strobing green lasers. The auditorium was full of smoke - NOT the artificial white stuff! (I have no idea how I drove back to Windsor). Then over the years some musicians fall by the wayside; always there but rarely played.
TD came up in a conversation recently and wondering what happened to them I searched. Only to find that TD is not only still performing but they have recorded live concerts.
It took 4 days for my order to reach little old NZ only to have my mind blown again. This concert takes me back to people and places lost in time's mist. BUT it is extraordinary. The dynamics of those on stage, the dynamism of the concert; an audience not sure where to applaud as one piece leads seamlessly into another.
Probably not for the Justin Bieber generation...but then again what intelligent, involving music is?
44 comments|7 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 May 2014
Went a little mad when I spotted the Loreley dvd, & 4 other titles, at a VERY attractive prices. As I will be unable to catch Tangerine Dream on tour this spring, owing to things beyond my control, I decided the low prices were too good to miss out on. Loreley arrived well package and showed no sign of damage to the sturdy cardboard envelope. It arrived on the first day of the estimated date range and I will use this supplier again.
This is an excellent outdoor gig dvd containing some 135 minutes of magic TD music. A must have dvd for every TD fan!
on 3 September 2014
I personally like Tangerine Dream and they almost can not do any wrong apart from when they rehash old tracks onto new disks with another name / title. But this is definitely worth the any ones money the quality is very good and a delight to watch.
on 1 May 2015
Add to your TD collection
on 1 December 2013
Being a lifelong fan of TangerineDream, this CD brought me down Memorylane. Loved it. Its a neccessary part of my Td-collection.
on 20 July 2014
Good if you like Tangerine Dream........
on 9 July 2014