on 25 May 2009
This is a great selection of new and old,including some live recordings.
They just never disappoint. The track "The Sick Note" was one I'd not heard before and is brilliant - but needs listening to more than once because you'll definitely miss bits the first time round. Really funny!
Their voices and music seem better than ever- and I still have a couple of L.P.s from many years ago.
on 28 April 2009
This is now on my MP3 and the husband plays it constantly in the car. What great music - so nice to have songs you can understand and sing along to. "Sick note" is particularly good (and very amusing).
on 28 May 2009
i bought this as a gift for my boyfriend,he and i share different tastes in music,but when he says he loves it,it must be good. he said it was just what he was after,great lively irish music that keeps your feet tapping all the while long.all the hits are there and ones you go, aah that's who that is.
on 11 August 2009
If you need a lift then buy this CD, pour youself a small one and just sit and relax.
on 1 July 2011
Great songs ("Molly Malone" the top), great group, Cd a bit disappointing as far as the audio quality is concerned.
The sound is barely accettable, some tracks better than others, recordings are dishomogenous, Universal could do much better considering that Dubliners' sound is fantastic. This is not wasted money but not a great buy.
Accettable.
Far better recording needed, please advice!!!!
on 16 June 2009
My irish grandmother used to love the Dubliners and it brought back memories of growing up as a kid in the seventies with irish family members. Hadn't heard it in ages and wasn't disappointed! My younger kids aged 6 and 10 love it! They insist on singing along in the car to the hilarious The sick note' 'Jar of Porter' and 'seven drunken nights'. A classic for all ages!
on 24 October 2011
No discussion necessary, this must be the best CD ever! Nothing beats driving home from work with this kind of music playing in the background.
on 13 March 2012
Of all the Irish music I've listened to in the past,this has got to be the best CD I've purchased to date. Love it!
on 12 November 2014
Bought this cd as a birthday gift for my boyfriend, who knew a couple of the band's songs, and he couldn't be happier with it. The songs he didn't know turned out to be of his liking and after listening to the cd myself, I gotta say it's good music. A great selection of songs! Audio quality very good too. The album has a nice cover and includes the songs' lyrics. Definitely worth the money.
on 25 August 2011
This has got to be the worst 'live' recorded album I've ever wasted my money on. The vocals are hardly audible on many of the tracks. I'd even go so far as to say that this is like a poor pirate recording with someone sitting at the back of the hall with a cheap mic.

Waste of money.