5.0 out of 5 stars Great Purchase
I bought these boots as I was planning 2 weeks of walking in the Dartmoor National Park and in Cornwall. I didnt walk them in beforehand and they were still absolutley perfect. My feet were always comfortable, no chaving, no blisters and after walking through lots of muddy terrain, they kept my feet perfectly dry. I can highly recommend these boots.
Published on 28 Sept. 2009 by PatM

3.0 out of 5 stars Probably too early for a proper review, but...
My previous 2 pairs of walking boots were also both Berghaus and have lasted me 34 years between them, (yes, I am very old) so it seemed sensible to keep with a good idea. I've only had these about 10 days so far bit they've been out for 4 decent high-level walks in the Lake District and north Pennines.

I'm sure we WILL come to love each other, but currently my...
Published 6 months ago by CJM

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Purchase, 28 Sept. 2009
PatM (Marlow UK) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Boots, 7 Feb. 2010
I walk miles and my old Berghaus boots were wearing out and I could not find the same boot anywhere, but once again Amazon to the rescue! These boots are brilliant for road walking, off road walking, trecking and comfortable from the start, a great walking boot which I will definately buy again.

5.0 out of 5 stars PERFECT TREKKING BOOTS., 16 Aug. 2009
After a 2 week trek through the rainforest very glad to have purchased these boots,very comfortable,waterproof,and not one blister in sight.Very good value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic !, 7 Sept. 2010
I bought these boots after looking and trying on many other pairs of boots, my old trusty boots were Karimoor and although they have served me well for many years i fancied a change.
This berghaus boot is fantastic, i put them straight on and went hiking up fells in the lake district, no rubbing or blisters at all. What i like about them the most is they are light and slightly lower round the ankle-while still offering the right level of support. I am a size 4/5 and i got a size 4,which are perfect with enough room for thick socks if needed.These really are a good investment.

3.0 out of 5 stars Probably too early for a proper review, but..., 29 Aug. 2014

I'm sure we WILL come to love each other, but currently my heels have pretty impressive blisters and I haven't yet found a way of lacing them so that bits of grit don't keep creeping in. I am certainly wearing them with laces as tight as I can make them - which feels a bit constraining. But maybe that is just the different sensation, between wearing new boots and old?

Traction is ... OK. I was hoping for more than that, as one of the main reasons for buying new boots was that my old ones are now "tread-free", which has sent me slipping a few times.

It is very nice to have dry feet though - I'd forgotten that it is possible to tramp through bogs and cross small streams and still come home with dry feet. :)

If I remember and am able, I'll try to do another review in about a year, when hopefully I will be able to colour in a couple more stars...?

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Brilliant, 20 Oct. 2012
Silver (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I've written more than a few reviews for Berghaus boots, because I keep coming back for more. I do a lot of hiking and walking and recommend Berghaus to anyone who's interested. I've had two pairs of Explorers and a pair of Ridge and all have been so comfortable straight from the box. My husband also wears Berghaus and likes them as much as I do.
If you buy these I guarantee you'll be back for more in future. Really, really comfortable boots which last a long time! That's about all I can say.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great boots, 10 Nov. 2013
I was reluctant to buy footwear over the internet but these boots had so many great reviews I gave it a go. Sizing is accurate. I am a 7 and the fit is fine. They are very comfortable, doesn't feel like any 'wearing in' is required. They are also waterproof to date. I've had a couple of wet/muddy dog walks to complete with completely dry socks at the end. Very happy with my purchase :0)

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT BOOTS, Light, comfy, waterproof, breathable WHAT MORE CAN YOU ASK FOR?, 5 May 2010
This review is from: Berghaus Women's Explorer Trek Hiking Boot (Apparel)
Absolutely cannot rate these boots highly enough. Really are immediately comfortable. Very light. If you have any ankle issues as I do - they give you the most fantastic support.

Practical colours. (I bought the brown and the navy in this style).

I've purchased Berghaus before, six years ago to be precise! And they're still going strong! I just felt personally after 6 years it was time I got a new pair (and alright I got two pairs this time but only as I really wanted brown and navy).

I've really pushed my original Berghaus boots hard and they have never let me down! Not ever. I've trekked out in snow, slopping wet rain, gone up volcanos in them. MARVELLOUS things!

And having recently broken my leg and busted my ankle again I've been virtually living in the new pairs.

I personally wouldn't buy any other make because I'm just delighted with the performance of both my original purchase and the new Berghaus boots I've just purchased.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best walking boots by far, 7 Aug. 2012
Bought my first pair in 2006 and wore them until last year on an almost daily basis for dog walking when I decided that a replacement pair were required. Had received good reports about Brasher so decided to go for a change of make - big mistake. After about 30 minutes of wear I couldn't stand to wear them any longer as my feet were in agony.

After persevering for a few months with little improvement and an impending walking holiday to the lake district, I decided I needed another pair of Berghaus and ordered the Explorer Trek and also tried the Explorer Trail Light. Preferred the Treks. Day after delivery went on holiday, wore the new boots three days running with no problems whatsoever. Really comfortable and will stick to Berghaus from now on. Have remained waterproof through all the rain we have had over the last few months - even wading in flood water!

Although I usually take a size 4, both pairs have been size 5 as I have learnt from past experience that is is better for walking boots to be slightly too bigthan risk them being too small.

Wouldn't hesitate to recommend these boots and I expect another 5 years wear out of this pair!

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic boot., 29 Mar. 2010
This review is from: Berghaus Women's Explorer Trek Hiking Boot (Apparel)
I was recommended these boots for a 7 day climb up kilimanjaro. They are completely faultless, supporting my feet both on the way up and down, they did not need wearing in and were light and comfortable. I did not suffer even mild discomfort even in the harshest of conditions at the summit and would highly recomend.

Berghaus Women's  Explorer Trek Hiking Boot