4.0 out of 5 stars Solid 4 stars
I used to work for Honeywell's computer division back in the 80s. This is the first Honeywell product I ever bought! It's pretty much bang-on as these things go. In my (small) room it's almost too powerful, even on the lowest setting. Noise is not excessive for the blast of air you get. Even if the mechanism were silent you'd still have the unavoidable rush of air...
Published 15 months ago by Bollard

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job
Published on 25 May 2011 by rissky

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid 4 stars, 29 May 2013
Bollard - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)

Some minor niggles:
(a) Yes, as others have said, the rotary switch that controls power and the three speed settings is located at the back. It is set in a recess that's a bit of a squeeze for my hands - and my hands are not that big. The action is positive and has a good solid 'click' to it.
(b) The speed settings start at the highest and reduce to the lowest. I suppose it was 50/50 between that and the alternative, so I can't really complain. I only need it on the lowest setting so I have to rotate through more clicks than I need; but then, someone else would have a problem if it operated in the reverse sequence.

Finally, let's nail the size with the aid of my Stanley tape measure. All measurements are approximate, e&oe, DV, error due to parallax, etc:
- Overall height of the unit is 28cm.
- Overall width is 25.5cm.
- Overall depth is 17cm PLUS allow additional cm for the cable, which feeds in at the back.
- Diameter of the aperture ('ole) where the air comes out is 21cm.
- Diameter of the fan blades is 16cm.* The blast of air you get is worthy of a larger fan.

*I measured one blade from tip to the centre of the hub, and doubled it. As the blades are set back, there's room for error. The other measurements are not too far off - but most of the body of this fan is convex or otherwise 'shaped' and thus not easy to measure.

4.0 out of 5 stars Small with Big Air, 5 July 2013
This review is from: Honeywell HT900E Turbo Fan (Kitchen & Home)
I bought this last year for the summer [£20] and loved it. Brought it out again this summer and still love it. My elderly mum had been struggling with one of those 4foot high oscilating monstrosities this year so i tried to order one of these for her; no luck, they're discontinued. BUT !!! don't buy an over priced one from the scammers here. I just ordered one from ARGOS, STILL AT £20 !!! [no, i dont work for argos].
Thats Argos outlet on eBay, sorry for any confusion.

5.0 out of 5 stars good buy, 18 Jun 2012
S. J. Cox "sandra" (england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Honeywell HT900E Turbo Fan (Kitchen & Home)
Bought this fan for my husband to use in work, as its stuffy in summer, and unbearable working factory conditions, this fan was a good buy and he is well pleased with the flow of air that gushes round a good size area.

3.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 25 May 2011
This review is from: Honeywell HT900E Turbo Fan (Kitchen & Home)
So I bought this being rather excited about the quiet operation claims that it touts (oh what a rock star life I lead). On receiving the fan, the box is quite clear that it is indeed 25% quieter. It doesn't go quite as far as elucidating what it's quieter than, and that probably should have started some alarm bells ringing. For all I know it did, but I couldn't hear them over the steady drone of my new fan. On switching it on I found that whilst the blades moved pretty silently compared to a fan it was to replace, the body transmitted a steady and very annoying humming to any surface it was put on; the floor, a desk - even when placed on a padded surface. To be fair, there are 2 positions in which it is pretty quiet - when the fan housing is angled at about 35 degrees either up or down. Any other position is just annoying, especially as the noise it creates is arrhythmic - like a fat person snoring next to you; except in this case throwing small items at it and shouting 'shut-up' just makes you look mental. However in it's main task - that of moving small amounts of air around a room, it does the job.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect poweful fan for a small room, 20 Mar 2014
Y. Yearwood "Yusuf Yearwood" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Honeywell HT900E Turbo Fan (Kitchen & Home)
Don't be rushed into purchase by the best buys and high reviews. The going rate for this item should be about £20 and thats what I paid. It's as powerful as the fan on a stand I've had for some time but a lot smaller and a lot quieter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Honeywell Fan My Observations, 21 Aug 2010
This review is from: Honeywell HT900E Turbo Fan (Kitchen & Home)
If you need a fan,why have one large and unsightly.The Honeywell fan works very well and is small enough not to be in the way and when not in use can be put in a cupboard.

3.0 out of 5 stars FAN IS ONLY 8" wide BUT it does the job..., 22 Jun 2012
G. Brewer (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Honeywell HT900E Turbo Fan (Kitchen & Home)
No where in the description is the size of the fan shown. I was disappointed that it was only 8" BUT the fan does do the job. It has three speeds and is effective at circulating the air and cooling you down. If this is 25% quieter than the previous model, then the old one must sound like an aircraft taking off! FOr £20 it's ok. But that's all, just ok.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does a great job of blowing me in the office., 6 July 2014
This review is from: Honeywell HT900E Turbo Fan (Kitchen & Home)
Bought this as needed something small and quiet to use in work during this hot weather whilst roasting at my desk and this fit the bill perfectly.

I am envied by everyone who ever sits at my desk and enjoys the frosty breeze of this little guy, quiet and flows a good amount of air for a personalised airing experience - to put it in perspective, in a open plan shared office I have received 0 complaints about it.

Can't imagine it would be up to much if you tried to use it as the dedicated house fan, however its not really sold for that kind of thing.

The only oddity is the way that the speed control is backwards, so you go from Off, to High, to Medium, to Low but you quickly get used to it so not that big of a problem. Definitely one of my more beneficial purchases this year.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fan for the price., 20 Jun 2014
This review is from: Honeywell HT900E Turbo Fan (Kitchen & Home)
Great fan its what I expected, very powerful even at the low setting, yes it can be quite loud but I don't care about that sort of thing, if you want a good fan it will always be loud that's how energy works, electricity is turned into kinetic energy, sound and some heat what else would you expect.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but with a drawback or two, 7 July 2011
This review is from: Honeywell HT900E Turbo Fan (Kitchen & Home)
This fan is a novel design, and certainly gets the air moving around. My only reservations concern the control switch, which is awkward to use, and the noise, which while not intrusive is still a little more than it ought to be. But in spite of my grizzles, I am still pleased with it, and will put up with the drawbacks because it's efficient.

Honeywell HT900E Turbo Fan